On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun talcum
What does talcum mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: talcums
- a fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate; used in a variety of products including talcum powder
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonym of talcum: talc
- more generic word: mineral = solid homogeneous inorganic substances occurring in nature having a definite chemical composition
- more specific terms:
- substance of: talcum powder = a toilet powder made of purified talc and usually scented
- a toilet powder made of purified talc and usually scented; absorbs excess moisture
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of talcum: talcum powder
- more generic terms: bath powder / dusting powder / toilet powder = a fine powder for spreading on the body
- substance: talc = a fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate
Alternative definition of the noun talcum
- Powdered and perfumed talc for toilet use.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for talcum
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Learning Elementary Science (2014)
for Class-6 by V.K. Sally, S.K. Aggarwal
Talcum is the hardest substance in nature. III. Match the statements in Column A with those in Column B. Column A Column B 1 .
Pacific Pharmacist (1909)
One trouble with the purified talcum is the amount of impalpable powder present in it. This powder will sometimes pass through a double filter, causing much annoyance to the operator. Its presence could have been entirely avoided if in the ...
by Educational Company of Ireland
ground floor, ná déan talamh slán de don't take it for granted talamhiata adj land-locked talcam m1 talcum púdar talcaim talcum powder tallanach adj l. talented 2. impulsive ...
A Reference Volume for All Requiring Quick Access to a Large Amount of Essential Data Regarding Chemicals, and Other Substances Used in Manufacturing and Laboratory Work by Francis Mills Turner
Talcum Purificatum, U. S. P. See Magnesium silicate. Tallow* Derivation: The fat extracted from the solid fat or "suet" of cattle, sheep or horses. The quality varies depending on the season, the food and age of the animal Chief constituents- ...
Chambers Pocket Dictionary (1992)
talcum powder n a fine, often perfumed, powder made from purified talc, used on the body. tale n 1 a story or narrative. 2 a false or malicious story or piece of gossip; a lie. — tell teles (about, on) to give away secret or priva-.e ...
Nelson's Encyclopaedia (1913)
Everybody's Book of Reference ... by Frank Moore Colby, George Sandeman
Talcum, ground talc, steatite, and French chalk, cut, powdered, washed or pulverized ....................... 20 % 15% Vanillin ............................. 20c ol lOc u« Vanilla beans .................... free 30c Ib ...
by Nicholas Eastaugh, Valentine Walsh, Tracey Chaplin, Ruth Siddall
derives from mediaeval French talc and probably from Spanish talco and mediaeval Latin talcum; these in turn from the Arabic talq and the Persian talk. The English talcum (1558) derives directly from the ...
by Caroline Wormeley Latimer
talcum puriflcatum. T. purified by the removal of impurities by hydrochloric acid and water. Used as a lubricant and dusting powder [U. S. Ph.]. Venetian t. Syn. : soapstone. A native hydrous magnesium silicate, used as a dusting powder.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for talcum
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about talcum
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Joe Jack Talcum
Photo credit: Mike Burns
- Joe Jack Talcum
Former guitarist and vocalist for "The Dead Milkmen."
Photo credit: RL Johnson
- Vintage Mavis Talcum Tin
* Great condition
* Tin is empty but scent of talc still present when cap is removed
All proceeds help us continue the fight against HIV/AIDS and homelessness
Photo credit: HousingWorksPhotos
- Johnson's Baby Powder, Talc, Talcum
Johnson's Baby Powder, Talc, Talcum, pics by Mike Mozart of TheToyChannel and JeepersMedia on YouTube
Photo credit: JeepersMedia
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about talcum
Video shows what talcum means. Powdered and perfumed talc for toilet use.. Talcum Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say talcum ...
View more videos about Talcum Powder.
See also the pronunciation examples of talcum!
Quotes about talcum
Scrabble value of T1A1L1C3U1M3
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of talcum to see it in context!