The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun talent:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun talent
- Phrases with Talent
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Talent
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Talent
- Photos about Talent
- Video language resources about Talent
- Sign language
- Quotes about Talent
- Scrabble value of T1A1L1E1N1T1
- Anagrams of TALENT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun talent
What does talent mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: talents
- natural abilities or qualities
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of talent: endowment / gift / natural endowment
- more generic term: natural ability = ability that is inherited
- more specific terms:
- a person who possesses unusual innate ability in some field or activity
Specialised definition of the noun talent
Glossary of sports
an aptitude, a special gift of above-average ability in a certain area, here in the area of sport motor actions, and for the person possessing these abilities. Talent depends on the hereditary constitution (body types) of the athlete and a favourable motor, cognitive and affective disposition as well as - with respect to his development - favourable social and environmental conditions. In regard to sport, three forms of talent can be differentiated: general motor talent (high motor learning ability, good motor ability, broad repertoire of movements), sport talent (extraordinary ability and readiness to deliver sport performances), and sport-specific talent (existence of specific physical and psychological prerequisites necessary for delivering excellent performances in a certain sport discipline). (Herbert Haag & Gerald Haag. 2003. Dictionary. Sport, Physical Education, Sport Science. Kiel, Institut für Sport und Sportwissenschaften)
"Talent": A young girl with hopes of fame and fortune auditions for a big part. Her hopes are dashed, however, when a talent agent is blunt with her about her apparent lack of talent.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Elizabeth Wiegard
- producer: Elizabeth Wiegard
- written by Elizabeth Wiegard
- cinematography by Katie Vessell
- edited by Elizabeth Wiegard
- music by Benjamin Young
- location: St. Louis
- genre: Comedy
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Talent" is a musical album of Heavenly Beat.
- released on
- "Talent" is a musical album of J.D.O..
- released in (7 years ago)
Who is Talent?
Talent a.k.a. Talent Harris appeared in the 2006 documentary film Real Talk: Hip Hop Comedy.
- read more about Talent Harris (actor)
- Talent: Based in Argentina.
- Talent is a record label.
- Talent, is a photographic work by David Robbins comprising eighteen photographs that depict contemporary artists such as Cindy Sherman, Jeff Koons, Jenny Holzer, Robert Longo, and fourteen others using the headshot portraits long-utilized by the entertainment industry.
- Talent is a comic book series written by Christopher Golden and Tom Sniegoski, drawn by Paul Azaceta, published by Boom! Studios.
- Talent: The magical talent of the character.
- Talent is a story about shooting for stardom and accidentally discovering who you and your friends really are along the way.
- official website: alloyentertainment.com/shows/talent-series-page
Phrases with Talent
Phrases starting with the word Talent:
Phrases ending with the word Talent:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Talent
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Daryl Easlea
Talent Is An Asset is a fascinating tale from a pair of fascinating Maels.
by Shashikant Nishant Sharma
Talent Hunt Talent is the revealed ability Transformation of potential into capacity Talent is doing extra ordinary Extra effort...
Consisting of Beautiful Thoughts, Choice Extracts and Sayings, of the Most Eminent Writers of All Nations, from the Earliest Ages to the Present Time, Together with a Comprehensive Biographical Index of Authors, and an Alphabetical List of Subjects Quoted
Talent is a gift which God has presented to us secretly, and which we reveal without perceiving it. Montesquieu.
Talent is an eye-sore to tyranny ; in weakness, tyranny fears it like a power ; in power, it hates it as a liberty. Rev. E. Walford.
Talent is the capacity of doing anything that depends on application and industry, and it is a voluntary power, while genius is involuntary. Hazlitt. When your ...
Dicovering, Developing and Deploying Your Talents and Skills by Stephen Michael
A talent is a natural endowment (ability) to perform difficult tasks with ease. A talent is a natural gift to do something in a special way. But a skill is usually not a natural gift which means it must be acquired and mastered. A skill is an ability that ...
Civilization's Quotations (2007)
Life's Ideal by Richard Alan Krieger
Tacitus “Talent is a cistern; genius a fountain.” — Edwin Whipple “Talent is that which is in a man's power; genius is that in whose power a man is.” — James Russell Lowell “Fortune has rarely condescended to be the companion of genius.
Wisdom for the Soul (2006)
Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing by Larry Chang
The buried talent is the sunken rock on which most lives strike and founder. ~ Frederick...
Henry Van Dyke, 1852-1933 ~ Talent is a gift that brings with it an obligation to serve the world, and not ourselves, for it is not of our making. To use for ...
Edge-tools of Speech (1886)
Talent is the capacity of doing anything that depends on application and industry ; and it is a voluntary power, while...
Talent is a docile creature : it bows its head meekly while the world slips the collar over it ; it backs into the shafts like a lamb.
Monthly Literary Miscellany (1852)
by Daniel B. Quinby
Talent is the great Strength of all the manly faculties, working with a spontaneous flexibility, in the most arduous modi's of action.
Talent is an accurate calculator, a profound planner ; genius is the intuitive discoverer, the creative inventor.
The Economics of Creativity (2014)
by Pierre-Michel Menger
Theoretical frameworks surrounding giftedness and vocation provide a stereotypical answer: Talent is the expression of abilities that seem to originate in the genetic lottery (especially if they manifest themselves early in the artist's life) as well ...
Sports Economics (2011)
by Roger D. Blair
Player talent is a valuable asset that is put at risk every time athletes play or practice. Some injuries – even if relatively severe – can be overcome. There are numerous examples of football players who have overcome serious knee and ...
by Clive Barker, Simon Trussler
Antje Diedrich 'Talent Is the Ability to Be in the Present': Gestalt Therapy and George Tabori's Early Theatre Practice The Jewish-German-Hungarian director and playwright George Tabori has been one of the prominent figures of ...
by Michael Travis
All of us who've spent time in the corporate world know that acquiring and keeping talent is the number-one problem for every business. No matter what industry you're in or where you sit in the organization, identifying, recruiting, and retaining ...
by Steven G. Rogelberg
Strategic workforce planning translates an organization's strategy into the skills and abilities it currently has (internal talent supply) and those that it will need ( external talent supply). This process typically looks forward for 3 to 5 years and takes ...
by Barbara Kerr
National excellence: A case for developing America's talent. Washington, DC: Government Printing Office. Wickstrom, C. D. (2004). Give us your best and ...
A Counting-house Dictionary (1903)
Containing an Explanation of the Technical Terms Used by Merchants and Bankers, with a Description of the Coins on which the Exchanges of the World are Based by Richard Bithell
TAEL— TALENT. T. T. T. Telegraphic Transfer. Tael. The Hint of value, and the unit of weight in China. The weight of the Tael is equal to 579'84 grains Troy ( commonly taken as 580 grains), and is called Canton weight The unit of value, ...
by Pierre Bayle
HISTORICAL TALENT. History, generally speaking, is the most difficult composition that an author can undertake, or one of the most difficult. It requires a great judgment, a noble, clear and concise stile, a good conscience, a * Basnage , Hist, ...
An Archaeological Dictionary, Or, Classical Antiquities of the Jews, Greeks, and Romans, Alphabetically Arranged (1793)
Containing an Account of Their Manners, Customs, Diversions, Religious Rites, Philosophy, Festivals, Oracles, Laws, Arts, Engines of War, Weights, Measures, Money, Medals, Computation and Division of Time, Chronological Terms, Heresies in the Primitive Church, &c. &c by Thomas Wilson
A Talent in weight, among the jews, ...
The Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine: An IOC Medical Commission Publication, Genetic and Molecular Aspects of Sports Performance (2011)
by Claude Bouchard, Eric P. Hoffman
Only recently have both scientific knowledge and technological advancements emerged to begin to provide an opportunity for the direct genetic selection of athletic talent. Talent selection is notoriously difficult, as selection procedures are ...
A Dictionary of the Bible (1893)
Comprising Its Antiquities, Biography, Geography, and Natural History by John Mee Fuller
The Babylonian talent may be determined from existing weights found by Mr. Layard at Nineveh. These are in the forms ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Talent
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Talent
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ravi khemka
Photo credit: sergio_leenen
Visual Art, Design and Multimedia Department's official opening at their new campus. A multimedia student doing some green screen work
Photo credit: Looking Glass
Photo credit: hlkljgk
Photo credit: Kvikende
Taken about an hour after sunset using a 30 second exposure.
Photo credit: arriba
- Talent Madzokere
Photo credit: mactale2002
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Talent
Click on an item to play that video:
- This is the definition of talent
This is the definition of talent.
- The Changing Definition of Hollywood Talent
Full video from The Atlantic available at...
- Talent Meaning
Video shows what talent means. A unit of weight and money used in ancient times in Greece, the Roman Empire, and the Middle East.. A desire or inclination for ...
- Context Clues: Discover the meaning of unknown words: Khan Academy Talent Search 2015
Catch a Clue: using context to discover the meaning of unknown words Vociferous also means noisy - loud - clamorous - uproarious - obstreperous, not just ...
- Raveena Tandon's Definition Of Talent | Bollywood News 2015
Raveena Tandon's Definition Of Talent | Bollywood News 2015...
- Alkrym update and news mist of Pandaria with rogue talent explanation
- Huuhwa - In depth talent explanation - How to crowd control as boomkin - A few games
- Michael Slang & Dawson Tomich Duncan's Got Talent 2013
Michael Slang and Dawson Tomich dance to a tie for third place in the dance event at Duncan's Got Talent 2013.
- Talent Development Portal Explanation
This portal does problems for small and medium business owner who does outsourcing to workers online and have problem verifying genuine worker from the ...
- F14-ADRW - Vocabulary List 1 - Trouble With Talent
Vocabulary that goes along with "Trouble With Talent" Listen to the words and make notes about their definitions. You can draw a picture or google an image of ...
- Talent Explanation
- John Warder Speaks to the Definition of a Talent [Strengths Minute]
Sign up for the Strengths Minute go to...
- Indian boy with multi language speaking talent
Indian boy with multi language speaking talent.
- IGians got talent (Orouba Language Schools) (Mariam Mostafa AbdelHamid)
via YouTube Capture.
- Esl got a talent 2014
- IGians Got Talent (Pioneers Language School) (Bahy Tarek Ibrahim)
- IGians got talent (Orouba Language Schools) (Sherouk Ahmed Sabbah Soliman Elyan)
- IGians Got Talent ( Riada Language School ) ( Wanderlust )
A Skyscraper/Grand piano Medley Piano : Nehal El-Karef Violin : Mennat-Allah Zohny Vocal : Shawky Abdullah Special thanks to Mahmoud Sami and Mahmoud ...
- IGIANS got talent (misr language school)
- Printf Statement C-language Khan Academy Talent Search
Teaching the world code K.A. Talent Search.
- Niner Talent: How to Modify or Update an SPA Position Description
This video will explain how to modify or update an SPA Position Description in Niner Talent.
- IGians got talent (Orouba Language Schools) (Mariam Mostafa AbdelHamid)
via YouTube Capture.
- Niner Talent: How to View a Position Description
This video will explain how to view a position description in Niner Talent.
Click on an item to play that video:
- 842 FasterEFT's got Talent "Sign Language"
- Rose Caiazzo, Voice Over Talent -- SIGNO Sign Language Game for Children
- Naps Got Talent - Sign Language Choir
Performance of the song "Old Time Days by Nappy Meyers" by the Sign Language Choir at Naps Got Talent. Disclaimer: This video is in no way representative ...
- 2009 San Antonio College American Sign Language Talent Show
San Antonio College American Sign Language Talent Show Feb. 21, 2009.
- Never gonna Give You Up in American Sign Language~ School talent show
DJ Mamroth Never gonna Give You Up in American Sign Language.
Quotes about Talent
The first thing they were told was how to hone their talent. Then they were told how to market their talent, discipline their talent and type their talent. And then they were told they might as well forget about talent. (Esther B. Fein)
more quotes about talent...
Scrabble value of T1A1L1E1N1T1
The value of this 6-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TALENT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Talent!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Talent to see it in context!