On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun talkie
What does talkie mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: talkies
- a movie with synchronized speech and singing
- examples: "I am in the soup," reported the fly through its walkie-talkie. | Tom picked up the walkie-talkie and started talking. | Tom switched off his walkie-talkie. | Tom put the walkie-talkie down.
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of talkie: talking picture
- more generic terms: film / flick / motion picture / motion-picture show / movie / moving picture / moving-picture show / pic / picture / picture show = a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
Who is Talkie?
Talkie a.k.a. Milan Todorović is a Serbian film director and producer, best known as the creator of the first Serbian zombie movie, Zone of the Dead. as well as the director of the first Serbian creature feature - Mamula.
- read more about Milan Todorović (actor)
Talkie is a film genre.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Talkie
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Daw-Ming Lee
Although there was no event directly related to Taiwan in the first three editions of T ainichi Talkie News Film, the paper did keep its promise and put important events within Taiwan in subsequent newsreels, of which there were more than 50 ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
nightwalker, ropewalker, sleepwalker, spacewalker, streetwalker, trackwalker double-talker \ó-kë\ balky, chalky, gawky, gnocchi, pawky, stalky, talkie, talky Milwaukee Handie-Talkie, walkie-talkie Winnipesaukee alkin1 \ó-kan\ Balkan, falcon, ...
by Oxford University Press
balky, chalky, corky, gawky, Gorky, Milwaukee, pawky, porky, talkie, walkie-talkie . Sikorsky .Mussorgsky . Chokey, croaky, folkie, folky, hokey, hokey-cokey, hoki, jokey, karaoke, Loki, okey-dokey, Okie, pokey, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Talkie
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Talkie
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: danieljordahl
View more pictures about Walkie Talkie.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Talkie
Video shows what talkie means. A movie with sound.. talkie pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. talkie meaning. Powered by ...
View more videos about Walkie Talkie.
See also the pronunciation examples of Talkie!
Scrabble value of T1A1L1K5I1E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TALKIE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Talkie!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Talkie to see it in context!