On this page:
- "Tamerlano" is an opera seria in three acts written for the Royal Academy of Music theatre company, with music by George Frideric Handel to an Italian text by Nicola Francesco Haym, adapted from Agostin Piovene's Tamerlano together with another libretto entitled Bajazet after Nicolas Pradon's Tamerlan, ou La Mort de Bajazet.
- also known as HWV.18
- language: Italian Language
- music by George Frideric Handel
- "Tamerlano" is a musical album of George Frideric Handel, The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock.
- released on (10 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tamerlano
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
TAMERLANO Tamboura. Instrument of the GUITAR type, having strings of wire which are struck with a plectrum; a long neck and a gourd-shaped body often beautifully ornamented; ...
by Alison Latham
Tamerlano. Opera in three acts by Handel to a libretto by Nicola Francesco Haym adapted from Agostin Piovene's Tamerlano (1711) and from Bajazet (1719), a revised version of the same libretto prepared by Ippolito Zanelli and Francesco ...
Lexicon universae rei nummariae veterum et praecipuie Gracorum et Romanorum etc. - Lipsiae, Gleditsch 1785-1805 (1787)
by Johann Christoph Rasche
Interim vero capro 'ватине a Tamerlano illo celebri Tartarorum rege, ob idquc Tur~ carum rebus non pai-um decidentibus ...
by William Lines Hubbard
Tamerlano (Tamerlane) — Favorite historical subject for many Italian operas in the Eighteenth Century. Text is that by Count Agostino Piovene. Earliest opera by Francesco Gaspanni, with Piovene's text, first produced at Venice, 1710.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tamerlano
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of T1A1M3E1R1L1A1N1O1
The value of this 9-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TAMERLANO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Tamerlano!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Tamerlano for some fun with words!