On this page:
- Definition of the noun tau
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Tau
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tau
- Photos about Tau
- Videos about Tau
- Sign language
- Quotes about Tau
- Scrabble value of T1A1U1
- Anagrams of TAU
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun tau
What does tau mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: taus
- the 19th letter of the Greek alphabet
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: alphabetic character / letter / letter of the alphabet = the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
- member of: Greek alphabet = the alphabet used by ancient Greeks
Alternative definition of the noun tau
- The name of the letter T/τ in the Greek, Hebrew and ancient Semitic alphabets, being the nineteenth letter of the Classical and Modern Greek, the twentieth letter of Old and Ancient Greek.
- A [polytonic, Τ]-shaped sign or structure; a St. Anthony's cross, sometimes considered as a sacred symbol.
- [context: particles, dated] A tau meson, now usually known as a kaon.
- An unstable heavy lepton, which decays into a muon or electron.
- TAU a.k.a. Tel Aviv University is a public university located in Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel. With over 30,000 students, TAU is Israel's largest university.
- read more about Tel Aviv University
- Tau a.k.a. Ta‘ū is the largest island in the Manu‘a Group and the easternmost volcanic island of the Samoan Islands. Ta‘ū is part of American Samoa. In the early 19th century, the island was sometimes called Opoun.
- read more about Ta‘ū
- Tau is a village in the municipality of Strand. Tau has about 3000 inhabitants and is connected to Stavanger by ferry.
- also known as Tau, Norway
- part of Norway
Who is Tau?
Tau a.k.a. Nareaj Hanpantipong is a TV personality.
- read more about Nareaj Hanpantipong
- Tau is a fictional character from the 1996 film How to Meet the Lucky Stars.
- Tau is a fictional character from the 1960 film Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai.
- Tau is a fictional character from the 1993 film Divya Shakti.
- Tau is a fictional character from the 1991 film Fateh.
- Tau is a fictional character in the 2012 film Half Good Killer.
- Tau is a fictional film character.
There are other characters with in their name, like Pan Tau.
- "Tau" a.k.a. "Tău" is a musical album of Negură Bunget.
- released on
- "Tau" is a musical EP of Stefan Funck.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Tau" is a musical album of Main.
- released on (13 years ago)
"Tau" a.k.a. "Táu" is a film, directed by Daniel Castro Zimbrón.
"Tau": American sculptor Tony Smith designed "“Tau”" in the early 1960s. It is 14’ high x 12’ wide x 12’ deep, and made from black painted steel. Its title refers to the Greek letter 'T', which also describes the shape of the sculpture. Fascinated by mathematics, biology and crystals, Smith designed Tau with geometry at its root. There are two extant versions of the large sculpture: Tau, and Tau.
Tau is a British brand of still and sparkling bottled water.
- official website: www.tynant.com
- Tau: In the fictional setting of Warhammer 40,000, the Tau are a race and a playable army in the tabletop miniatures wargame.
- also known as 鈦星人
- Tau a.k.a. Mende Language: Mende is a major language of Sierra Leone, with some speakers in neighboring Liberia. It is spoken by the Mende people and by other ethnic groups as a regional lingua franca in southern Sierra Leone.
- read more about Mende Language
- Tau is the name of an evil spirit in Guaraní mythology. Although Tau is not quite synonymous with the Devil in Christian beliefs, for example, he was sometimes referred to as The Evil Spirit and as such may have been a personification of evil itself. Tau was created along with his opposite, Angatupyry, by the supreme god of the Guaraní creation myth, Tupã, and was left with humanity on Earth.
- TAU was a proposed unmanned space probe to a distance of one thousand astronomical units from the Earth and Sun by NASA/JPL in 1987 using tested technology. One scientific purpose would be to measure the distance to other stars via stellar parallax.
- also known as TAU mission
- Tau a.k.a. Takuu Language: Takuu is a Polynesian language from the Ellicean group spoken on the atoll of Takuu, near Bougainville Island. It is very closely related to Nukumanu and Nukuria from Papua New Guinea and to Ontong Java and Sikaiana from Solomon Islands.
- read more about Takuu Language
- Tau is a public artwork by American artist Tony Smith, located on the urban campus of Hunter College, in New York City, New York, United State of America. Fascinated by mathematics, biology and crystals, Smith designed Tau with geometry at its root.
- Tau a.k.a. Upper Tanana language: Upper Tanana is an endangered Athabaskan language spoken in eastern Interior Alaska, mainly in the villages of Northway, Tetlin, and Tok, and adjacent areas of Canada's Yukon Territory. In 2000 there were fewer than 100 speakers, and the language was no longer being actively acquired by children.
- also known as Nabesna; Tanana, Upper; Tabesna
- Tau a.k.a. tus is a gene.
- Tau a.k.a. microtubule-associated protein tau is a gene.
- also known as microtubule-associated protein tau, isoform 4; G protein beta1/gamma2 subunit-interacting factor 1
- Tau a.k.a. microtubule-associated protein tau is a protein.
- read more about microtubule-associated protein tau
- Tau is a robust and general purpose, interactive, user-configurable automated theorem prover for first-order predicate logic with equality. Tau proves both theorems and arguments expressed in unrestricted first-order notation in the KIF language. It combines rule-based problem rewriting with model elimination, uses Brand’s modification method to implement equality handling, and accepts user-configurable heuristic search to speed the search for proofs. Tau optionally implements mathematical induction. Formulas are input and output in KIF or its own infix first-order syntax, and other syntactic forms can be added. Tau is operated from a Web interface or from a command-line interface. It is implemented entirely in Java.
- Tau a.k.a. Casein kinase I epsilon is a protein.
- read more about Casein kinase I epsilon
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Tau
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
“Tau is a neuronal-specific microtubule-associated protein that plays an important role in establishing neuronal polarity and maintaining the axonal cytoskeleton. Aggregated tau is the major component of neurofibrillary tangles ( NFTs), ...
Genes and Common Diseases (2007)
Genetics in Modern Medicine by Alan Wright, Nicholas Hastie
Tau is an abundant phosphoprotein that is predominantly expressed in both central and peripheral nervous systems. In brain it is found...
Neuropsychiatric Disorders (2010)
by Koho Miyoshi, Yasushi Morimura, Kiyoshi Maeda
Tau is a microtubule-associated protein involved in stabilization and elongation of microtubules.
by J. Miklossy
Tau is an essential component of microtubules, which are one of the fundamental elements of the cytoskeleton involved in...
Tau is a highly hydrophilic protein since the longest form contains 80 hydrophilic amino acid residues and 114 polar ...
A second wife, tau-nonofo ; tau is an intensive prefix and no-nofo is the plural or intensive of nofo, ' to dwell.' Maali is a sweet scented native plant (see below). Badly treated ; fuatid, ' was jealousied,' a passive verb formed from fua, ' jealousy.
The Star Atlas Companion (2012)
What you need to know about the Constellations by Philip M. Bagnall
t Tau is a 6 Scuti pulsating ...
Third Edition by David J. Sheskin
Kendall's tau is a proportion which represents the difference between...
Taurine 8 (2013)
Volume 1: The Nervous System, Immune System, Diabetes and the Cardiovascular System by Abdeslem El Idrissi, William J. L'Amoreaux
Discussion TAU is a ubiquitous nonprotein B-aminosulfonic acid possessing intrinsic biological properties that make this compound an attractive candidate for use as a protective agent against ...
Alzheimer Disease (2012)
From Molecular Biology to Theraphy by Robert Becker, Ezio Giacobini
CONCLUSIONS Tau is abnormally hyperphosphorylated in AD brain and this altered tau is the major protein subunit of PHF. The abnormal phosphorylation of tau probably precedes its polymerization into PHF. The abnormally phosphorylated ...
by Nicholas Mrosovsky
A negative tau means the activity fell with food deprivation. References to the descriptions of the experiments on which this table is based will show that the conditions of testing were widely different. The sizes of cages for different species , the ...
The Evolution, Function, Nature, and Mysteries of Slumber by Deirdre Barrett, Patrick McNamara
Tau knockout animals, although phenotypically normal, have shown a significant delay in the axonal extension of ...
by Carol Turkington, Joseph Harris
tau protein 349 roleptic drugs have been stopped. With careful treatment, some symptoms may improve or even disappear. Treatment Options and Outlook Treatment is difficult. Drugs that may help include tetrabenazine and reserpine.
by Michiel Hazewinkel
TAU METHOD multiplicative diagonal matrices. Furthermore, the differential operator and the supplementary conditions are decoupled. Through a simple and systematic algorithm, which treats the differential operator and supplementary ...
Encyclopedia of Stress: A-D (2000)
A spontaneous mutation has been found in the hamster, which defines a single gene called tau that affects the period of the clock as well as a number of other clock properties. Induced mutagenesis has uncovered a single-gene mutation in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tau
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tau
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Vung Tau.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Tau
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explanation Of Sil Lim Tau Carl Wood Tutorial
Siu Nim Tao is a traditional form from Wing Chun Kung Fu. The Siu Nim Tao form was created by the Red Boat member Leung Yee-Tai, along with the Chum Kiu ...
- What Is The Definition Of Sigma Theta Tau Medical School Terminology Dictionary
- Good News Kenyah: Lepo' Tau People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Good News Kenyah: Lepo' Tau People/Language Movie Trailer c63784 [c63784t] Other names for this language are: Lepo' Tau; Madang This language ...
- Jual squishies mau tau harga nya liat description
Hi semua kali ini aku mau jual squishies mau liat harganya: -Blue donout: Rp 15.000 (medium size) -cocholate macaroons: Rp 10.000 (small size) -relastic food ...
- What Is The Definition Of Sigma Theta Tau Medical School Terminology Dictionary
See also the pronunciation examples of Tau!
Delta Tau Delta Sign Language
a project for sign language class between a couple of delts.
Quotes about Tau
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'tau"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of T1A1U1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine