Teacher appears in the following tongue twister:
- Terry Teeter, a teeter-totter teacher, taught her daughter Tara to teeter-totter, but Tara Teeter didn't teeter-totter as Terry Teeter taught her to.
(by Pierre Abbat)
Usage statistics for the noun teacher:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun teacher
- Phrases with Teacher
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Teacher
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Teacher
- Usage statistics about teacher
- Photos about Teacher
- Video language resources about Teacher
- Sign language
- Quotes about Teacher
- Scrabble value of T1E1A1C3H4E1R1
- Anagrams of TEACHER
- Share this page
Fun fact! In the 18th century, teachers were nicknamed "haberdashers of pronouns".
Teacher is sometimes a misspelling of teachers.
The word teacher is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun teacher
What does teacher mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: teachers
- a person whose occupation is teaching
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of teacher: instructor
- more generic words: educator / pedagog / pedagogue = someone who educates young people
- more specific terms:
- art teacher = someone who teaches art
- Bahai = a teacher of or believer in Bahaism
- catechist = one who instructs catechumens in preparation for baptism
- private instructor / coach / tutor = a person who gives private instruction
- dancing-master / dance master = a professional teacher of dancing
- demonstrator = a teacher or teacher's assistant who demonstrates the principles that are being taught
- docent = a teacher at some universities
- English professor / English teacher = someone who teaches English
- French teacher = someone who teaches French
- governess = a woman entrusted with the care and supervision of a child
- instructress = a woman instructor
- mathematics teacher / math teacher = someone who teaches mathematics
- missionary = someone who attempts to convert others to a particular doctrine or program
- music teacher = someone who teaches music
- preceptor / don = teacher at a university or college
- reading teacher = someone who teaches students to read
- riding master = someone who teaches horsemanship
- school teacher / schoolteacher = a teacher in a school below the college level
- science teacher = someone who teaches science
- section man = someone who teaches a section of a large college course
- teaching fellow = a graduate student with teaching responsibilities
- member of: teacher-student relation = the academic relation between teachers and their students
- a personified abstraction that teaches
Alternative definition of the noun teacher
- A person who teaches, especially one employed in a school.
- The index finger; the forefinger.
- [Mormonism] The second highest office in the Aaronic priesthood, held by priesthood holders of at least the age of 14.
- "Teacher" a.k.a. "Vathiyar" is a 2006 Tamil action film directed by A. Venkatesh starring Arjun and Mallika Kapoor. It was released on November 10, 2006 and was considered as above-average grosser at the Box Office.This was Sujatha's last film before her death in 2011.
- read more about Vathiyar
- "Teacher" a.k.a. "Vaadhyar" is a 2012 Malayalam film directed by debutant Nidheesh Sakthi and written by Rajesh Raghavan, Produced by N Sudhish under the banner of Lakshminath Creations, and the music is composed by Manoj George and R. Gautham. The film stars Jayasurya in the title role. The film is about a government school teacher named Anoop Krishnan, his dream is to become an MBA holder, but circumstances force him to take up teaching profession. He is chosen to work at Kottapuram Saraswathi Vilasam U.P.School, he doesn't do his job properly as he works there with no interest and the problems that occur leads to the rest of the story.
- read more about Vaadhyar
"Teacher" a.k.a. "Teacher: Anne Sullivan Macy" is a book written by Helen Keller.
- read more about Teacher: Anne Sullivan Macy
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2004 film Thunderbirds.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2010 film I Want to Be a Soldier.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2012 film Gasp.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2012 film Here and There.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1992 film Léolo.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1990 film The Asthenic Syndrome.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2013 film Masquerade.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2006 film Mystery of the Wolf.
- Teacher a.k.a. Skolfröken is a fictional character from the 1980 film Madicken på Junibacken.
- read more about Skolfröken
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2001 film Returning in Autumn.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2012 film That still Karlosson!.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2013 film Miss Violence.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2013 film Towheads.
- Teacher is a fictional film character.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2008 film Loner.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2004 film The Weeping Meadow.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1996 film The Juror.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2003 short film A Trip to the City.
- The teacher is a fictional character from the 1965 film Loves of a Blonde.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2014 film I Won't Come Back.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2009 film Where the Wild Things Are.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2012 film Day Trip.
- Teacher is a fictional character in the 1972 Romanian musical film Veronica and the 1973 film Veronica se întoarce.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2005 film Black.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2008 film Chaati Chiri Dele Tu..
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1993 film Khalnayak.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1999 film Bindhaast.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1972 film Pinjra.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2011 film Desi Boyz.
- Teacher is a fictional character in the 1978 film Jak dostat tatínka do polepšovny.
- Teacher is a fictional film character.
- Teacher is a fictional film character.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2002 film Hard Goodbyes: My Father.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1986 film The Tree We Hurt.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2012 film Reported Missing.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2013 film The Puppet.
- Teacher is a fictional character in the 1996 film Karuvelam Pookkal.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2008 film Chintakayala Ravi.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1971 film Guddi.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2002 film Bhavum.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1976 film The House with Laughing Windows.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1993 film Last Action Hero.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1999 film Tsatsiki, morsan och polisen and the 2001 sequel Tsatsiki - vänner för alltid.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1979 film Hum Tere Aashiq Hain.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2009 film Daddy Cool.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2008 film Phoonk.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2012 film Waves.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 1977 film Suspiria.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2002 film Light Falls on Your Face.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2012 film Just the Wind.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2004 film Mirage.
- Teacher is a fictional character from Miyori no Mori.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2008 film The Reader.
- Teacher is a fictional character from the 2013 film Don Jon's Addiction.
There are other characters with in their name, like A Teacher, Art Teacher, Gym Teacher, Head teacher, Math Teacher, Class teacher, Music Teacher, Piano Teacher, French Teacher, School teacher, English Teacher, Private Teacher, Science Teacher, Student teacher, Homeroom Teacher, The Music Teacher, The Piano Teacher, The Woman Teacher, Substitute teacher.
"Teacher" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Ian Anderson
Who is Teacher?
Teacher a.k.a. Sallieu Bundu is an athlete, football player.
- read more about Sallieu Bundu
- Teacher a.k.a. Sensei is a Japanese word that is literally translated as "person born before another". In general usage, it is used, with proper form, after a person's name, and means "teacher", and the word is used as a title to refer to or address teachers, professors, professionals such as lawyers, CPA and doctors, politicians, clergymen, and other figures of authority. The word is also used to show respect to someone who has achieved a certain level of mastery in an art form or some other skill: accomplished puppeteers, novelists, musicians, and artists for example are addressed in this way.
- also known as เซนเซ
- Teacher a.k.a. Educator: Si definisce educatore colui che realizza un'azione educativa ovvero che contribuisce alla crescita umana della persona. Tale azione può essere svolta sia attraverso rapporti spontanei, generalmente familiari, sia attraverso interventi speciali legati a una funzione socio-professionale. si dice che l'autorità dell'educatore è un servizio di guida che si coordina con la volontà di auto perfezionamento dell'educando. Piero Bertolini ha messo in evidenza come attualmente si sia parcellizzata l'attività dell'educatore che pertanto si trova a operare in modo molto settoriale. L'attivazione negli anni settanta di corsi regionali e successivamente di corsi universitari nelle facoltà di medicina e di Scienze dell'educazione hanno contribuito a dare consistenza alla figura e alla professione dell'educatore professionale.
- The Teacher Idealist is one of the 16 role variants of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, a self-assessed personality questionnaire designed to help people better understand themselves. David Keirsey originally described the Teacher role variant; however, a brief summary of the personality types described by Isabel Myers contributed to its development. Teachers correlate with the ENFJ Myers-Briggs type.
- Teacher is a priesthood office in the Aaronic priesthood of denominations within the Latter Day Saint movement, including The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Teacher is a print ad.
Phrases with Teacher
Phrases starting with the word Teacher:
Phrases ending with the word Teacher:
- A Teacher
- art teacher
- head teacher
- Home Teacher
- math teacher
- music teacher
- piano teacher
- french teacher
- school teacher
- Supply teacher
- english teacher
- reading teacher
- science teacher
- student teacher
- geometry teacher
- practice teacher
View more phrases with the word Teacher in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Teacher
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Modelling Text As Process (2010)
A Dynamic Approach to EFL Classroom Discourse by Xueyan Yang
Thus the teacherstudent relationship is on the one hand somewhat equal: both the teacher and students are interlocutors. On the other hand, the relationship is hierarchical: the teacher is the controller, the initiator, and the guide; with the ...
Dialogue and Instruction (1995)
Modelling Interaction in Intelligent Tutoring Systems ; [proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Natural Dialogue and Interactive Student Modelling, Held in Varenna, Italy, October 17 - 20, 1992] by Robbert-Jan Beun, Michael Baker, Miriam Reiner
As such, the teacher is the ultimate paragon of an effective tutoring system. One step further on, careful design has aimed at actually improving on the human teacher in limited domains by providing considerable explanatory power. In actual ...
Language, Mind and World by Danny D. Steinberg, Hiroshi Nagata, David P. Aline
The teacher is the one who knows the second language and the students are there to learn the language. In the enclosed space of the classroom, nothing happens (linguistically) unless the teacher makes it happen. Students do not act on ...
by Jack C. Richards, Richard W. Schmidt
teacher burnout n a condition sometimes triggeredby thedemands ofteaching or job conditions and which results ina stateof physicaland emotional depletion. Burnout can lead to fatigue, depression, decreased motivation, anxiety and stress .
Dictionary Of Education (2010)
by Ramesh Shukla
Teacher : Person who has knowledge and skills in a variety of subject areas and the ability and preparation to teach them ...
by Marlow Ediger
Teacher written tests have been used for a least 150 years. There appears, in the past, to have been a lack of knowledge on basic techniques to use in measuring evaluating learner achievement and progress. Presently, there are student ...
by J. C. Aggarwal, S. P. Agrawal
should be an increasing use of methods which require active participation by the teacher — such as discussion groups, seminars, workshops and action research. In contrast, lectures should only be used when there is no other way.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Teacher
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about teacher
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun teacher:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun teacher:
Photos about Teacher
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: jdlasica
In Indian texts, Teachers are often compared with Gods.
Photo credit: abhisheksisodia
See Teacher for full details.
Photo credit: Nathan (Mushroom Nathan)
Photo credit: Howard J Duncan
- Swim Teacher
Swimming Teacher in Auckland instructs a class.
Photo credit: cheetah100
- Teacher, Teacher
This is Ms. Bunch and Ellie at Ellie's birthday party at school
Photo credit: fivehanks
- Teacher's Office, Korea
Teacher's office at the country school.
Photo credit: watchsmart
- Teacher working with kids
TELS in the Classroom
Photo credit: breity
View more pictures about Music Teacher.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Teacher
Click on an item to play that video:
- WIDE BOY AWAKE -- Slang Teacher
B-side of Chicken Outlaw.
- Teacher uses Seven Step vocabulary method to teach new voca
- Wide Boy Awake - Slang Teacher
Carbon Disco Manchester.
- Teacher Discussion of Food Vocabulary and Verb Tenses Video
At Network 2008, the Massachusetts Coalition for Adult Education annual state conference, MLoTS staff did a workshop in which teachers viewed MLoTS videos ...
- Teacher Lesson Plans Language Arts, Vocabulary, Bully Prevention
Language Arts teacher lesson plan, Vocabulary building lesson plan and teacher activities. Teaches citizenship, character education, social intelligence from ...
- FPMT Touring Teacher Geshe Thubten Soepa Talks About Mudras and Their Meaning
In this short video, FPMT Touring Teacher Geshe Thubten Soepa talks about mudras and their meaning. He also demonstrates especially the offering mudras.
- Survive the Blues Tenor with explanation: Adam Connelly Saxophone Teacher Brisbane
Adam Connelly demonstrates and explains how to play ten licks on tenor sax to get yourself out of trouble playing a blues in the key of Concert C.
- Vocabulary Lesson 1- Fannie Bates- Teacher At Dunjee International School
This video is about Vocabulary Lesson 1- Fannie Bates- Teacher At Dunjee International School.
- Digital Teacher SSC Class X English Attitude is Altitude Vocabulary
- Teacher Language During a Transition
Third grade teacher Kerry Tuttlebee uses a variety of teacher language strategies during a transition in this excerpt from the Teacher Language in a Responsive ...
- A wonderful language teacher
- Become an ESL Teacher Today!
The purpose of this speech is to educate those interested in becoming an ESL teacher, to provide details of the experience and include all details from preparing ...
- How to be a boring EFL teacher
This video contrasts styles of EFL teaching so that teachers can avoid being boring and strive to be excellent.
- Teacher Nisha's ESL Beginner Demo Lesson
Teacher Nisha's ESL Beginner Demo Lesson.
- Teacher Language During a Book Discussion
Fifth grade teacher Rhonda Eckenroth uses positive teacher language as she guides a book discussion.
- Teacher Language at Clean-Up Time
Kindergarten teacher Suzi Sluyter uses a variety of teacher language strategies during clean-up time in this excerpt from the Teacher Language in a Responsive ...
- How To Be An Excellent, Award-Winning ESL Teacher
Find a Teaching Job...
- Teacher Language During Independent Work Time
Kindergarten teacher Suzi Sluyter uses positive teacher language as she coaches students working independently.
- Teacher Language - Introduction
Describes the Responsive Classroom approach to teacher language and gives an overview of the DVD's contents.
- Teacher Language - Reinforcing Language Excerpts
Shows three different teachers using reinforcing language to name and affirm children's positive behaviors.
- Teacher Language at the End of a Work Period
Fifth grade teacher Rhonda Eckenroth uses positive teacher language to help students reflect and to reinforce success.
- Developing teacher language knowledge for EAL learners
Dr Michael Evans, University of Cambridge, responds to an audience question about developing teachers language knowledge.
- Becoming an ESL teacher
Michelle explains how a study abroad program in Spain led to a life-long passion for working with refugees and ELLs. See more of the interview: ...
- Teacher Language Describing Student Work
Kindergarten teacher Suzi Sluyter uses positive teacher language to support students as they paint.
- Body Language for Teachers : Teacher & Student Communication
- Hong Kong NET Scheme Teach English Overseas Abroad Teacher ESL EFL
- ESL EFL Teaching Tip: Reduce Teacher Talk and Increase Student Talk in the Classroom
This is James, the head of the TESOL department at Rennert, giving a few tips on how to get your students to talk as much as possible in your lessons.
See also the pronunciation examples of Teacher!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Deaf teacher learn children sign language ability
- SMD Foundation: Joanna Hawkins, American Sign Language Teacher
Joanna Hawkins, an early learning consultant, a teacher of the deaf. She teaches children American Sign Language through SMD.
- Sign Language. Deaf Teacher Sanjay explains mixing Candy Apple red paint.
Sanjay Topiwala explans to Abiola Adanlawo the correct mixing ratio for Candy Apple red colour.
- Sign Language Song "Love is a Battlefield" signed by ASL Teacher
Sign Language Song "Love is a Battlefield" signed by ASL Teacher Want to learn sign language or view more signed songs? Check out: ...
- Sign Language Song "Untitled by Simple Plan" signed by ASL teacher
Sign Language Song "Untitled by Simple Plan" signed by ASL teacher Want to learn more ASL check out...
Quotes about Teacher
Scrabble value of T1E1A1C3H4E1R1
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TEACHER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Teacher!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Teacher to see it in context!