On this page:
- Tehran is the capital of Iran and Tehran Province. With a population of around 8.3 million and surpassing 14 million in the wider metropolitan area, Tehran is Iran's largest city and urban area, and the largest city in Western Asia.
- Tehran a.k.a. Tehran Province is one of the 31 provinces of Iran. It covers on area of 18,909 square kilometres and is located to the north of the central plateau of Iran.
- read more about Tehran Province
There are other places with Tehran in their name, like University of Tehran, Tehran University of Art, Tehran Conservatory Of Music, Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Islamic Azad University Central Tehran Branch.
"Tehran" is a 1946 British-Italian thriller film co-directed by Giacomo Gentilomo and William Freshman. It stars Derek Farr as Pemberton Grant, a British intelligence officer who discovers a plot to assassinate the President of the United States Franklin D. Roosevelt at the Tehran Conference during the Second World War. It also featured Marta Labarr, Manning Whiley and Pamela Stirling. It was also released under the alternative titles Appointment in Persia and The Plot to Kill Roosevelt.
- also known as Appointment in Persia, The Plot to Kill Roosevelt, Teheran
- countries: Italy, United Kingdom
- languages: English Language, Italian Language
- directors: Giacomo Gentilomo & William Freshman
- costume design by Veniero Colasanti
- set decoration by Veniero Colasanti
- genre: Thriller
- released in (70 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Tehran
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Living In Hell (2012)
The True Story Of An Iranian Woman by Ghazal Omid
It took us two hours to cross Tehran from Mehrabad airport to the heart of downtown to find a hotel. Tehran is a gigantic, architecturally undistinguished city, a mixture of old and new, overwhelmed by the population and stretched to the limit. Refugees from the villages bring the population to an uncountable, unthinkable number. It is “The Large Tehran,” as the Shah used to call it. It is the nature of large cities to swallow the ...
Rogue Regimes (1999)
Terrorism and Proliferation by Raymond Tanter
Tehran is a regional power with a capacity for exporting its revolution worldwide; it engages in state- sponsored terrorism against the United States. Exporting terrorism is an Iranian tool of choice befitting its aspirations to become a fountain- head for the Islamic revolution. While exporting terrorism is a way by which Iran can spread the ideology of its revolution, importing equipment for the development of weapons of mass destruction is a means for the country to catapult its way into ...
The Myth of the Great Satan (2013)
A New Look at America's Relations with Iran by Abbas Milani
Tehran is a city of ...
by Edmund Jan Osmańczyk, Anthony Mango
The Tehran Declaration included this statement: As to peace, we are confident that our accord will make ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tehran
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tehran
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about Tehran
Scrabble value of T1E1H4R1A1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TEHRAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Tehran!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Tehran to see it in context!