The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun ternary:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun ternary
- Definition of the adjective ternary
- Phrases with ternary
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ternary
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ternary
- Photos about ternary
- Video language resources about ternary
- Scrabble value of T1E1R1N1A1R1Y4
- Anagrams of TERNARY
- Share this page
Definition of the noun ternary
What does ternary mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ternaries
- the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of ternary: 3 / deuce-ace / III / leash / tercet / ternion / terzetto / three / threesome / tierce / trey / triad / trine / trinity / trio / triplet / troika
- more generic words: digit / figure = one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration
Alternative definition of the noun ternary
- A group of three things; a trio, threesome or tierce
Definition of the adjective ternary
What does ternary mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- having three units or components or elements
Alternative definition of the adjective ternary
- Made up of three things; treble, triadic, triple, triplex
- synonym: trinary
- Arranged in groups of three
- [mathematics] To the base three
- [mathematics] Having three variables
Phrases with ternary
- Ternary Code
- Ternary form
- Ternary name
- Ternary Alloy
- Ternary Logic
- Ternary complex
- Ternary compound
- Ternary computer
- Ternary Operator
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ternary
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Nicholas D. Spencer, John H. Moore
The lines connecting binary semiconductors indicate possible ternary compounds with direct gaps. Dashed lines near GaP represent indirect gap regions. The line from InP to a point marked * represents the quaternary compound InGaAsP, ...
To which is Prefixed an Introduction to the Elements of Music by Frederick Niecks
Ternary time. Tendrement (Fr.). Tenderly. Tenera (It.). v. Tenero. Teneramente (It.). Tenderly. Tenerezza (It.). Tenderness. — Con tenerezza, with tenderness. Tenero, m., Tenera, f. (It.). Tender, soft, delicate.
by Jürgen Garche, Chris K. Dyer, Patrick T. Moseley, Zempachi Ogumi, David A. J. Rand, Bruno Scrosati
Ternary Pt–Sn-Based Catalysts The effect of the addition of Ru to Pt–Sn on the ethanol electrooxidation was evaluated by comparing Pt, Pt–Sn (90:10), and Pt– Sn–Ru (86:10:4) in a single DEFC in terms of reaction product distribution.
Encyclopedia of Microbiology (2009)
Because the complex at that stage contains an RNA as well as DNA, it is called an initiation ternary complex. Up to seven additional ribonucleotides can be added to the RNA chain without any movement of the polymerase. After the addition of ...
Constituting in Combination with the Existing Volumes of the Ninth Edition, the Tenth Edition of that Work, and Also Supplying a New, Distinctive, and Independent Library of Reference Dealing with Recent Events and Developments
Ternary and Higher Forms.-The ternary form of order n ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ternary
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about ternary
If you need images about ternary for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video language resources about ternary
Click on an item to play that video:
- Ternary Meaning
Video shows what ternary means. Made up of three things, treble, triadic, triple, triplex. Arranged in groups of three. To the base three. Ternary Meaning. How to ...
- Ternary compound Meaning
Video shows what ternary compound means. Any compound containing atoms of three different elements. Ternary compound Meaning. How to pronounce ...
See also the pronunciation examples of ternary!
Scrabble value of T1E1R1N1A1R1Y4
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TERNARY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of ternary!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of ternary to see it in context!