On this page:
Definition of the noun Tetrarch
What does Tetrarch mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: tetrarchs
- a governor of part of a country, especially of a fourth part of a province in ancient Rome
- an officer in charge of a fourth part of a phalanx in ancient Greece
Tetrarch is an American thrash metal band from Atlanta, Georgia, that was formed in 2007. They have released three EPs; their newest is entitled Relentless, which was released on March 19, 2013. Tetrarch is managed by Outerloop Management, who also manage bands such as We Came as Romans and Periphery.
- genres: Thrash metal, Melodic hardcore, Metalcore
- albums: "Relentless EP", "Final Words", "Take Your Best Shot", "Relentless"
"Tetrarch" is the second novel in Ian Irvine's The Well of Echoes quartet.
- also known as "Tetrarch (Well of Echoes)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Fantasy, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 2002
- released in (13 years ago)
- Tetrarch is a fictional job title.
- Tetrarch is a job title, fictional job title.
- Tetrarch a.k.a. Second in Command of the Sacred Band of Stepsons: In the Sacred Band of Stepsons fictional universe and the Thieves' World shared fictional universe, the billet of Second in Command of the Sacred Band of Stepsons has been filled at various times by Fox, called Critias; Ace, called Straton; and Stealth, called Nikodemos. Since the commander of the Sacred Band doesn't sleep and heals from mortal wounds, the task effectively serving as second in command in a mercenary unit commanded by an immortalized warlord is a demanding one. Critias takes up the post soon after Tempus inherits ten Sacred Band pairs from Abarsis and augments them with thirty single mercenaries, forming the Stepsons. When Critias is summoned upcountry to fight in the assault on Wizardwall at Tempus's side, Straton becomes the interim commander of Stepsons in Sanctuary, responsible only to Tempus, and holds this post intermittently over the next five years, while Critias serves directly under Tempus throughout the Wizard Wars and during the Mygdonian campaign, until Tempus releases his fighters from service. When Tempus reforms the Band after securing a new base of operations on Lemuria, Critias takes up his old post, recalling the best of the the Sacred Band of Stepsons and 3rd Commando to active duty, including Straton and Niko. After the Battle of Sandia, Tempus promotes Nikodemos to serve as his hipparch and second in command and makes Critias his tetrarch and executive officer. As the Band grows from 50 Stepsons to the elite 360-strong cadre of Lemuria's armed forces, absorbing the Theban Sacred Band and the 3rd Commando and hand-picked shock troops, requirements for the second in command grow apace.
- read more about Second in Command of the Sacred Band of Stepsons
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tetrarch
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Dublin Review (1900)
by Nicholas Patrick Wiseman
the Tetrarch is an ambitious subject, yet its choice by the author of this volume is so far justified that it enchains the interest and attention of the reader from the first page to the last. The evolution of crime, which forms the basis of all great ...
The Sunday-school World (1900)
SPECIAL WORD STUDIES, Tetrarch is a Greek word transferred into English. It means the ruler over a fourth part of any country. It has not been received as a proper English word, although the kin word " heptarchy " has been accepted.
by Chris Bishop
Tetrarch. Cniiser Tank Mk VI Crusader u' “E'UCruiser Tank Mk VIII. lack of a weapon heavier than a machine-gun In France in 1940 they were frequently incorrectly deployed as combat tanks and suffered accordingly, for they were only ...
The Bible Dictionary (2015)
by Rand, William W.
TETRARCH. Isaiah strictly the ruler of the fourth part of a state or province; but in the New Testament it is a general title applied to those who governed any part of a kingdom or province, with an authority subject only to that of the Roman ...
Being an alphabetical refutation of the general objections to the Bible by William Willcocks Sleigh
tetrarch of Galilee and Peraea, and the other ( Philip) tetrarch of Trachonitis and the neighbouring countries.* We have therefore .these two persons in the situations in which Saint Luke places them; and also, ...
Tetrarch Thalictrum, Thames. Brooke'r Gazetteer. , Hampton, Thames Ditton, Kingf Junstion. Tefticle , TESTICLE (testis), a double part in animals of the male kind, ferving for the office of generation. See ANAToMY, No 1o7. TESTIMONY.
Catholic Bible Dictionary (2009)
by Scott Hahn
TETRARCH A title literally meaning “ruler of one fourth." In Hellenic usage. it referred to a ruler of lesser rank than a king. such as a prince. Under the Romans, the tetrarch was a ruler over an eastern territory or province who enjoyed less ...
by Peg Augustine
The tetrarch is called a king, however, as Herod is in Matthew ...
A Dictionary of the Bible (1863)
Comprising Its Antiquities, Biography, Geography, and Natural History by Sir William Smith
distinguished as " Herod the tetrarch," although the title of " king" is also assigned to him both by St. Matthew (xiv. 9) and hy St. Mark (vi. 14, 22 sqq.). St. Luke, as might be expected, invariably adheres to the formal title, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tetrarch
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tetrarch
Click on an item to view that photo:
Tetrarch glider tank parked inside the frame of a Hamilton glider.
Photo credit: thy
- Tetrarch tracks
Detail of steering mechanism of the Tetrarch glider tank. Instead of turning by braking one track, as is customary in tracked vehicles, the tracks on the Tetrarch actually bends in order to turn the tank.
Photo credit: thy
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Tetrarch
Video shows what tetrarch means. a governor of part of a country, especially of a fourth part of a province in Ancient Rome. an officer in charge of a fourth part of ...
Scrabble value of T1E1T1R1A1R1C3H4
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Tetrarch to find many related words and phrases!