On this page:
"The African" a.k.a. "Afrikaneren" is a 1966 Norwegian drama film directed by Barthold Halle, starring Earle Hyman and Wenche Foss. It deals with Raymond, a young South African studying in Norway.
- read more about Afrikaneren
- "The African" is a short autobiographical essay written by French Nobel laureate J. M. G. Le Clézio.
- also known as L' Africain
- language: French
- genre: Essay
- released on (11 years ago)
- "The African" is a book by Olaudah Equiano.
- genres: Biography, Autobiography
- "The African" is a book by Dugald Moore.
- also known as "The African: a tale, and other poems"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for The African
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Black Pentecostal and Charismatic Christianity in History and Culture by Amos Yong, Professor of Theology Amos Yong, PH.D., Estrelda Alexander
Indeed, at the beginning of the twenty-first century, the most explosive and exponential growth of Pentecostal spirituality is occurring not just among people of color among the global South, but in particular across the continent of Africa, as well as amid wide swaths ofwhat is called the African diaspora (understood now to encompass South America, the Caribbean, and across Europe). This reality has implications for understanding the potential of Pentecostal spirituality, not only for ...
by William JAY (of New York.)
Generally, throughout the State, the African is an abused, a, monstroust outraged creature.' Report, 1826. JOHN RANDOLPH: —“ Sir, Ienvy neither the head nor the heart of that man, from the North, who rises here to defend slavery on principle.” Speech in Congress, 1829. MR. MOORE :— “ Slavery as it exists in Virginia, may be regarded as the heaviest calamity which has ever fallen to this ortion of the human race. One of the evils which arises from it, is t e irresistible tendency which ...
by G. D. Killam, Alicia L. Kerfoot
remi aduke adichie, chimamanda ngozi Africa Is People African Child, The African Image, The African Tragedy, An african Writers Series african-american literature african-British literature african-canadian literature african-caribbean literature afrika, tatamkhulu ismail Age of Iron aidoo, ama ata aiyejina, funso ajayi, christie ade ajayi, tolu(walogo) ...
by The Diagram Group,
Unwilling to live under British rule, many more Afrikaners journeyed north and east into the African interiorinthe Great Trek ...
by M. Keith Booker
It is almost certainly the African novel that is most often read by Western readers and most often taught in British and American classrooms. Not only is it a staple of college courses in African literature, but it is also widely taught in courses in world literature. It is also frequently taught in courses on African culture, society, and history as an introduction to the workings of a pre-colonial African community . As a result, Achebe's book is frequently the first African novel to be encountered by its ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for The African
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about The African
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about The African
Click on an item to play that video:
- Poppy the African Grey Shows off Her Vocabulary Part III
some variations and some different words and sayings.
- Poppy the African Grey shows off her vocabulary Part II
new words and sayings.
- Poppy the African Grey Shows Off Her Vocabulary
Poppy spells her name and calls herself Poppy B. Parrot.
- NIAMBII IS THE AFRICAN NAME MEANING MS MELODY CHAMPION IS HEARD
- Nelson Oliver on the African American Dialect
Director and screenwriter Nelson Oliver speaks at Pepperdine University Libraries following the premiere of his original short film, The Red Cape, on February ...
- African Language and the African Mind
Prof. Eugene Valberg discusses the connection between African language and the mind.
- Learn the African Language Twi Like a Baby.
This video attempts to teach the basics of the Ashanti language Twi through a baby song. Please download a copy of the album on itunes at ...
- "One World" in the African language of Sotho
Some of the "Angels of Art" from Mamelodi, South Africa singing the chorus of "One World", first in English and then in Sotho (pronounced SOO-too), their native ...
- THE AFRICAN ORIGINS OF WRITING/SEMETIC LANGUAGE (SHORT VERSION)
- TA-SETI'AN THE AFRICAN ORIGINS OF THE SOCALLED AFRO-ASIATIC LANGUAGE - YouTube
- The African Language School Cultural Music Festival *Sun 22nd Aug 2010*
- The african language
- Alwiya Omar- ePortfolios in the African Language Program
- ESL - Travel - One man highlights the plight of the African Rhino - Modals of Ability & Permission
See also the pronunciation examples of The African!
Quotes about The African
I think, though, as African-American women, we are always trained to value our community even at the expense of ourselves, and so we attempt to protect the African-American community. (Anita Hill)
Anagrams of THE AFRICAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of The African!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of The African to see it in context!