On this page:
- The Don a.k.a. Donald Trump: Donald John Trump, Sr. is an American businessman, investor, television personality and author. He is the chairman and president of The Trump Organization and the founder of Trump Entertainment Resorts. Trump's extravagant lifestyle, outspoken manner, and role on the NBC reality show The Apprentice have made him a well-known celebrity who was No. 17 on the 2011 Forbes Celebrity 100 list.
- read more about Donald Trump
- The Don a.k.a. Lindsey Vonn: Lindsey Caroline Vonn is an American World Cup alpine ski racer on the United States Ski Team. She has won four World Cup championships—one of two female skiers to do so, along with Annemarie Moser-Pröll—with three consecutive titles in 2008, 2009 and 2010, plus another in 2012. Vonn won the gold medal in downhill at the 2010 Winter Olympics, the first ever in the event for an American woman. She has also won six consecutive World Cup season titles in the downhill discipline, four consecutive titles in super-G, and three consecutive titles in the combined.
- read more about Lindsey Vonn
- The Don a.k.a. Don Johnson: Donnie Wayne "Don" Johnson is an American actor, producer, director, singer, and songwriter. He is best known for his role as James "Sonny" Crockett in the 1980s television series Miami Vice, and as the lead role in the 1990s cop series Nash Bridges. Johnson is a Golden Globe-winning actor for his role in Miami Vice, a winner of the American Power Boat Association Offshore World Cup, and has received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- read more about Don Johnson (actor)
- The Don a.k.a. Donald Bradman: Sir Donald George Bradman, AC, often referred to as "The Don", was an Australian cricketer, widely acknowledged as the greatest Test batsman of all time. Bradman's career Test batting average of 99.94 is often cited as the greatest achievement by any sportsman in any major sport.
- read more about Donald Bradman
- The Don a.k.a. DJ Pierre is the stage name of Nathaniel Pierre Jones, a Chicago born DJ and performer of house music. He helped to develop the house-music subgenre of acid house, as member of Phuture, whose 1987 EP Acid Tracks, which was called the first acid-house recording. Allmusic.com calls Jones a crucial DJ and the production wizard partly responsible for the development of Chicago acid-house. Jones' first single, "Generate Power," became standard fare for scores of producers during the next few years. Philippe Renaud, a journalist for La Presse in Montreal, states that the term acid house was coined in Chicago in 1987 to describe the sound of the Roland 303 bass machine, which made its first significant recording appearance on Phuture's Acid Trax in that year.
- read more about DJ Pierre (composer)
- The Don a.k.a. Don Broadhurst is an English professional boxer who competes in the Flyweight division.
- read more about Don Broadhurst
- The Don a.k.a. Donnacha O'Dea: Donnacha "The Don" O'Dea is an Irish professional poker player. In his youth he was a swimmer, and represented Ireland in the 1968 Olympics. He was also the first Irish swimmer to swim 100m in less than one minute. His parents were actors Denis O'Dea and Siobhán McKenna.
- read more about Donnacha O'Dea
- The Don a.k.a. Don Kress is a film actor.
- read more about Don Kress (actor)
- The Don a.k.a. Jim Enright is a pornographic film director.
- read more about Jim Enright (film director)
- The Don a.k.a. Dani Stauder is an actor and film producer.
- read more about Dani Stauder
- The Don is an actor.
- profession: Actor
There are other people with in their name, like Akira The Don.
- The Don a.k.a. Vito Corleone: Vito Andolini Corleone is a fictional character in Mario Puzo's novel The Godfather and in Francis Ford Coppola's first two films, where he was portrayed by Marlon Brando in The Godfather and, as a young man, by Robert De Niro in The Godfather Part II.
- read more about Vito Corleone
- The Don is a fictional film character.
- The Don is a fictional character from the 1998 film MP Da Last Don.
- The Don is a fictional character from the 1978 film Sextette.
- The Don is a fictional character from the 2011 film Killer Elite.
"The Don" is a book by Roland Perry.
- genre: Biography
- subjects: Recreation, Ball game, Geography, Sports, Cricket, Australia
- "The Don" is a 1995 Hindi-language Indian feature film directed by Farogh Siddique for producer Salim, starring Mithun Chakraborty, Sonali Bendre, Jugal Hansraj and Aashif Sheikh.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producer: Salim Akhtar
- production design by Nazir Ahmed, Shafique Ahmed, Javed Akhtar
- art direction by Nitin Chandrakant Desai
- written by Anand Vardhan
- Aashif Sheikh as Nagesh
- Jugal Hansraj as Vijay
- Mithun Chakraborty as Davendra
- Sonali Bendre as Anita Malik
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar as Minister Parsuram
- Rana Jung Bahadur as Jagga
- Goga Kapoor as Bhandari
- Kader Khan as Chaprasi Rajaram
- Mushtaq Khan as Prajapati
- Kunika as College Professor
- Guddi Maruti as Hostel Warden
- Raza Murad as Bhujang
- Prem Chopra as Commissioner Malik
- Mithun Chakraborty as Daven
- Kader Khan as Principal Amarnath
- Kader Khan as Prof. Raghav
- cinematography by Teja
- edited by Suresh Chaturvedi
- music by Aadesh Shrivastava, Sameer Sen, Dilip Sen, Munna
- genres: Action Film, Bollywood, World cinema
- released on (19 years ago)
- "The Don" is a 2006 Malayalam film by Shaji Kailas starring Dileep in the lead role. The movie got an A certificate due to extreme violence and blood-sheds.
- country: India
- language: Malayalam Language
- written by J. Pallassery
- Saikumar as Subrahmaniam Swamy
- Gopika as Zaheeda
- Lal as Kasim Baba
- Dileep as Salaam
- Dileep as Unnikrishnan
- Kasan Khan as Drug Dealer
- Shammi Thilakan
- Spadikam George as Anirudhan
- Raghu as Sikandar
- Baburaj as Abdu
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Abdullah
- Anil Murali
- Shobha Mohan
- Lalu Alex as Anumol's father
- Ambika Mohan as Anumol's mother
- Shaalin Zoya
- T.P. Madhavan
- cinematography by Sanjeev Shankar
- genres: Action Film, Thriller, Crime Fiction, Malayalam Cinema, World cinema
- released on (9 years ago)
- "The Don" is a song by American rapper Nas. Released as the second single from his tenth studio album, Life Is Good, it is produced by record producers Da Internz, Heavy D and Salaam Remi, who all helped write the song along with Nas, although Heavy D died before the song could be finished. Built around a sample of "Dance in New York" by reggae singer Super Cat, a former collaborator of Nas, "The Don" is backed by a boom bap, reggae-tinged production with additional drum and piano sounds. Lyrically, Nas attempts to reaffirm his status as a "street poet", addressing the hardships of poverty within disadvantaged societies and the realities of weapon and drug problems.
- "The Don" is the fourth single by Dundee band The View, it was released on 23 April 2007 as a double A-side along with "Skag Trendy". It follows the singles "Wasted Little DJs", "Superstar Tradesman" and "Same Jeans", and is taken from the debut album Hats Off to the Buskers. The single did not do as well as its predecessors, only entering as far as the UK Top 40, reaching a disappointing #33 in the UK Singles Chart. However, this was to be their final UK Top 40 single so far as their next four singles were to miss the UK Top 40 altogether.
- "The Don" is a 2012 single by Nas.
- released on
- "The Don" is a musical single of Sisters of Transistors.
- released in (7 years ago)
- "The Don" is a musical single of The View.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "The Don" is a musical single of 187 Lockdown.
- released on (16 years ago)
- "The Don" is a musical album of Lehmber Hussainpuri.
- the don a.k.a. The Don Jail is a former jail in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located to the east of the Don River, on Gerrard Street East in the in the Riverdale neighbourhood. It was completed in 1864, and was recently renovated to serve as the administrative wing of Bridgepoint Health, a rehabilitation hospital located adjacent to the jail. Prior to its adaptive reuse as part of a healthcare facility, the building was used as a provincial jail for remanded offenders and was officially known as the Toronto Jail.
- read more about Don Jail
- The Don a.k.a. The Don Haskins Center, formerly known as the Special Events Center, is the home of UTEP Miners men's and women's basketball. The 'Don', as it is known by local residents, is located in the heart of El Paso, Texas. In addition to hosting sporting events, the Don is also used by many area schools, such as El Paso Community College, for graduation and commencement ceremonies. Due to its large seating capacity, the center is also the city's premier entertainment venue and has hosted big name acts such as pop star Britney Spears during her Circus Tour, comedian George Lopez and rock band KISS.
- read more about Don Haskins Center
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for The Don
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Sun in Winter (2003)
A Toronto Wartime Journal, 1942-1945 by Gunda Lambton
The Don is a small, brown brook up there, still unfrozen in some places. Dark water was glistening between stalactites of transparent ice and gentle banks of the softest, smoothest snow. There was no one about, just deep silence. It gets dark ...
Over the Don is a stone bridge of five arches, called Lady's bridge, erected in the year 1485, and repaired in 1762; over the Sheaf is a ...
by Padmini Dev Kumar
The Birlas, The Tatas, The Rockfellers The Don refers to the great cricketer, Sir Donald Brad man. The Little ...
The Writer (1910)
by William Henry Hills, Robert Luce
The Don is an inventor of ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1890)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences and General Literature
The whole of the portion of South Russia that lies between the Dnieper and the Don is an almost unbroken steppe, but very little elevated above the sea-level ; and there are abundant indications of its having been at no remote period ...
by Colin Wilson
The Don made hisway down the crack, determined that thecave ...
An A-Z of Alcoholic Beverages by Ned Halley
The Don is registered as a trademark in 120 nations and has appeared on more than a billion botdes of wine. Donabaum wine producer in Wachau, Niederösterreich, Austria. Donatien Bahaud wine producer and négociant of Loire Valley, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for The Don
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of THE DON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of The Don!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of The Don to see it in context!