On this page:
Theoria is a musical group.
- album: "Mantra"
- released in (23 years ago)
- Theoria is Greek for contemplation. It corresponds to the Latin word contemplatio, "looking at", "gazing at", "being aware of," and it is an important term in theology.
- Theoria: Theoria: A Swedish Journal of Philosophy and Psychology is a peer-reviewed academic journal publishing research in all areas of philosophy established in 1935 by Åke Petzäll. It is published quarterly by Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of Stiftelsen Theoria. The current editor-in-chief is Sven Ove Hansson. Theoria publishes articles, reviews, and shorter notes and discussions.
- also known as Theoria - A Swedish Journal of Philosophy
- official website: www.wiley.com/bw/journal.asp?ref=0040-5825
- Theoria: Theoria: Historical Aspects of Music Theory is a peer-reviewed academic journal specializing in music theory and analysis. It was established in 1985, under the auspices of the University of North Texas College of Music. According to its website, "Theoria is a peer-reviewed journal on all aspects of history in music theory. This includes critical articles representing the current stage of research, and editions of newly discovered or mostly unknown theoretical texts with translation and commentary." The journal's first editor in chief was Mark McCune.
- also known as Theoria: Historical Aspects of Music Theory
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Theoria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Underexamined Dimensions and Issues by Bob L. Johnson, Jr., Sharon D. Kruse
Theoria refers to the speculative life of contemplation and reflection. It is thinking and knowing apart from engagement.
Aristotle's theoria is an epistemology with which most of us are familiar. As the predominant way of knowing in the West, ...
by William J. Hoye
Theoria is a holiday. A holiday is not in the service of the everyday;
Art and Its Significance (1994)
An Anthology of Aesthetic Theory, Third Edition by Stephen David Ross
Theoria is a true sharing, not something active, but something passive (pathos), namely being totally involved in and carried away by what one sees. It is from this point that people have tried recently to explain the religious background of the ...
Textual Imitation (2012)
Making and Seeing in Literature by J. Hart
Theoria is a contemplation, a speculationthat canbea representation, ...
Between Chora and the Good (2005)
Metaphor's Metaphysical Neighborhood by Charles P. Bigger
3, Toward Being a Theoria A theoria is a person intellectually and spiritually qualified to represent the community at a sacred event. Phenomenology s theoria nuist know how to relate, to have access, to the ...
What is Political Theory? (2004)
by Stephen K White, J Donald Moon
In its Platonic declension, which was subsequently passed on to the entire Western tradition, theoria is a vision of true and universal objects or ideas ("idea" literally signifies "the visible") with the eyes of the mind (nous). As Arendt points out, ...
by Daniel Widlocher
The Greek word theoria refers to vision, contemplation, astonishment before an object, the action of examining. Thus the child enters into an authentic logic of discovery and constructs a corpus of knowledge partially actualized in the course of ...
Aristotle on the Human Good (1991)
by Richard Kraut
Rather, theoria is an activity that goes on whenever one brings certain truths to mind: it occurs not only when one silently reflects, but also when one lectures or writes about a certain subject, when one reads a book, when one listens to a book ...
by Lucas Francisco Mateo Seco, Giulio Maspero
Thus, “properly, theoria is ...
Volume 4 - Calligraphy to Church Libraries by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour
"What the Vitalist Means is Right," review of Of Molecules and Men, by Francis Crick, Theoria to Theory, 2, 1 (1967).
Encyclopaedia Britannica (1824)
Or, A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Miscellaneous Literature, Enlarged and Improved
Nova eleclricitatis theoria. Milan, 17.55 : seems to be the same with a dissertation De existentia et motu eetheris, sen de theoria electricitatis ignis et lucis, printed with J. A. Euler's Disquisitio de causa physica electricitatis proemio corónala.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Theoria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Theoria
Photo credit: Clean Dean
Scrabble value of T1H4E1O1R1I1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of THEORIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Theoria!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Theoria for some fun with words!