The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun thingmabob:
On this page:
Definition of the noun thingmabob
What does thingmabob mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- something unspecified whose name is either forgotten or not known
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of thingmabob: doodad / doohickey / doojigger / gimmick / gismo / gizmo / gubbins / thingamabob / thingamajig / thingmajig / thingumabob / thingumajig / thingummy / whatchamacallit / whatchamacallum / whatsis / widget
- more generic word: stuff = miscellaneous unspecified objects
Other definitions of thingmabob
What does thingmabob also mean?
- A word used to refer to an item for which one does not know or cannot recall the name.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Thingmabob
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
doodad / doting 252 doodad: 5 gizmo; 7 gimmick, gubbins; 8 dohickey, dojigger; 9 doohickey, thingummy; 10 thingmabob, thingmajig; 11 thingamabob, thingamajig, thingumabob, thingumajig doodle: 3 oaf, put; 4 calf, colt, loon, lout, tony; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Thingmabob
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of T1H4I1N1G2M3A1B3O1B3
The value of this 10-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine