On this page:
- Tioga is a city in Williams County, North Dakota, United States. The population was 1,230 at the 2010 census.
- Tioga is a town in Grayson County, Texas, United States. The population was 803 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Sherman–Denison Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Tioga is a borough in Tioga County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. The population was 622 at the 2000 census. It is located north of Tioga and Hammond Lakes along the Tioga River.
- Tioga is a town in Tioga County, New York, United States. The population was 4,871 at the 2010 census. The town is in the southwest part of the county and lies between Elmira and Binghamton. Tioga is in the Southern Tier District of New York.
- Tioga is an unincorporated community village in northern Rapides Parish, Louisiana, United States. It is part of the Alexandria, Louisiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Tioga is a census-designated place in northeastern Nicholas County, West Virginia, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 98. The town is located along a road alternatively called Tioga Road in Nicholas County and Strouds Creek Road in Webster County. The road can be accessed from West Virginia Route 20 in Allingdale and West Virginia Route 55 near Craigsville.
- Tioga Station is an elevated stop on the Market-Frankford Line, above the intersection of Kensington Avenue and Tioga Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the Kensington neighborhood. Tioga is an "A" station for purposes of skip-stop operation.
- Tioga is an unincorporated community located in Baraga County, Michigan, with geographic coordinates of .
- Tioga a.k.a. Tioga, Illinois: Tioga is an unincorporated community in Walker Township, Hancock County, Illinois, USA.
- read more about Tioga, Illinois
- Tioga a.k.a. Tioga, Wisconsin: Tioga is an unincorporated community in the town of Hendren, Clark County, Wisconsin, United States.
- read more about Tioga, Wisconsin
There are other places with in their name, like Tioga Township.
Phrases with Tioga
Phrases starting with the word Tioga:
Phrases ending with the word Tioga:
- Zuma Tioga
- Genus Tioga
- Cinygmula tioga
- Hypsalonia tioga
- Pleuronotus Tioga
- Rhithrogena tioga
- Species Zuma Tioga
- species Cinygmula tioga
- species Hypsalonia tioga
- Species Pleuronotus Tioga
- species Rhithrogena tioga
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tioga
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The History of Gilmanton (1845)
Embracing the Proprietary, Civil, Literary, Ecclesiastical, Biographical, Genealogical, and Miscellaneous History, from the First Settlement to the Present Time; Including what is Now Gilford, to the Time it was Disannexed by Daniel Lancaster
Tioga is an appellation given to the North Western portion of the Upper Parish, bordering upon Great Bay or the Winnipissio- gee River. It is said by aged people that the name was first given by some Revolutionary soldiers in 1776, when ...
by Niir Board
Strawberry Senga Sengana, Redgaunlet and Gorella are grown under septentrional conditions, while Tioga is an important cultivar of meridional region.
Comprising a Physical, Political, and Statistical Account of the World and Its Various Divisions ... by Samuel Griswold Goodrich
The Tioga is a feeder of the eastern branch, and rises N. of the moun*ins, near the boundary of New York; it is navigable for boats 50 miles. The Alleghany rises W. of the mountains in the northern part of Pennsylvania, and flows northerly into ...
For the Use of Schools : Accompanied with an Atlas, Adapted to the Work by Jedidiah Morse, Sidney Edwards Morse
The Tioga is a branch of the East branch. Its course is almost wholly in New York. It unites with the East branch of the ...
Exploring Geovisualization (2005)
by J. Dykes, A.M. MacEachren, M.-J. Kraak
Tioga is a database visualization environment that enables users to specify, graphically, a set of operations (boxes) that identify the data to be visualized, the transformations that may be applied and a viewer that enables selected objects to be ...
Yosemite Place Names (2005)
The Historic Background of Geographic Names in Yosemite National Park by Peter Browning
Tioga is an Indian name imported from ...
Comprising a System of Universal Geography, Popular and Scientific ... and Illustrated by More Than One Thousand Engravings ... With a Copious Index, Answering the Purpose of a Gazetter by Samuel Griswold Goodrich
The Tioga is a feeder of the eastern branch, and. 33 PENNSYLVANIA. 257.
The Tioga is an excellent marker horizon and is an important aid to correlation. It is accepted here as marking the top of the Onesque- thaw Stage. The Seneca Member and its Tioga Bentonite Bed overlie the Moorehouse in western and ...
The Pacific Rural Press (1921)
THE TIOGA IS A QUALITY TRACTOR, made by an unusually strong organization, both in a financial way and with many years' tractor building experience. This coupled with the fact that each and every part is thoroughly tested, enables us to ...
Motor Age (1920)
TIOGA THE Tioga is a new job this year and is a four-wheeled machine. The power plant takes in a four cylinder Wisconsin engine, with a bore and stroke of 4 % by 6 in. respectively. The engine uses a Dixie magneto, Stromberg carburetor ...
Niles' Weekly Register (1842)
by Hezekiah Niles, William Ogden Niles, Jeremiah Hughes, George Beatty
Tioga is an Indian name, S|s.'lt Ta hioga. and means a point formed by the juuciion of two streams; the word puinl Uieiclore is surplusage. Is it not sacrilege to coll the village. Alliens instead of Ta-hiog. 7 Oh lor a law abolishing all Greek arid ...
containing a description of the empires, kingdoms, states, provinces, cities, towns, forts, seas, harbours, rivers, lakes, mountains, capes, &c. in the known world ... to which are added, the Constitution of the United States, and the constitutions of the respective states : illustrated by a neat coloured map of the United States by Richard Brookes, William Darby
Tioga, river ...
TIOGA, a county of the United States, on the north side of Pennsylvania, bounded north by New York, east by Qntario county, south by Lycoming county, and west by Potter county. Population 1687. Chief town, Wellsborough. TIOGA, a county ...
by Edinburgh gazetteer
Tioga, a county of the United States, on the north side of Pennsylvania, bounded north by New York, east by Ontario county, south by Lycoming county, and west by Potter county. Population 168T. Chief town, Wellsborough. Tioga, a county of ...
The Edinburgh Gazetteer, Or Geographical Dictionary: Containing a Description of the Various Countries, Kingdoms, States, Cities, Towns, Mountains, &c. of the World (1827)
An Account of the Government, Customs, and Religion of the Inhabitants; the Boundaries and Natural Productions of Each Country, &c. &c. Forming a Complete Body of Geography, Physical, Political, Statistical, and Commercial in Six Volumes. With Addenda: Containg the Present State of the New Governments in South America, the Burmese Empire, a Summary of the Recent Voyages and Travels in the East, North America, and in Africa, with the Last Population Returns of 1821
Tioga, a county of the United States, on the north side of Pennsylvania, bounded north by New York, east by Ontario county, south by Lycoming county, and west by Potter county. Population 1687. Chief town, Wellsborough. Tioga, a county of ...
Accompanied by an Atlas
Tioga, a county of ...
Schuyler Seneca , Steuben Suffolk Sullivan Tioga Tompkins Ulster. Warren Washington .. Wayne , Westchester. , Wyoming Yates No. County, 1 — Albany 2 — Dutchess 3— Kings 4 — New York. . . 6 — Orange 6 — Queens 7— Richmond .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tioga
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tioga
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Tioga Pass.
Scrabble value of T1I1O1G2A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TIOGA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Tioga!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Tioga to see it in context!