On this page:
tir a.k.a. Týr is a Faroese heavy metal band. Their subject matter revolves almost entirely around Viking lore, mythology, and history, taking their name from the Norse god of law and justice. They signed a worldwide deal with Austria's Napalm Records in early 2006, while signed to the Faroese record label Tutl. In September of 2012, they signed a three album deal with Metal Blade Records.
- read more about Týr
"Tir" is a musical album of As Sahar.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Tir" is a drama film directed by Alberto Fasulo.
- also known as Tolimuju reisu vairuotojai
- countries: Italy, Croatia
- languages: Italian Language, Croatian language, Slovene language
- producers: Alberto Fasulo & Nadia Trevisan
- written by Alberto Fasulo, Enrico Vecchi, Carlo Arciero
- cinematography by Alberto Fasulo
- edited by Johannes Nakajima
- genre: Drama
- released on
- "Tir" a.k.a. "Shooting Range" is a 1979 Soviet animation film directed by Vladimir Tarasov. The film is close to twenty minutes, and set to jazz music. It is a satirical critique of Capitalism and life in America.
- read more about Shooting Range
Tir a.k.a. Tirupati Airport, also known as Renigunta Airport, is located at Renigunta in Chittoor district in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. The airport is 14 km from Tirupati city. The government in January 2012 announced that by February 2013, night landing facilities would be installed at the airport and 400 acres of land would be acquired to upgrade it to international status. On 8 October 2008, the Government of India announced that it will upgrade Tirupati Airport providing wider choices of air travel.
- part of India
- Tir a.k.a. Tigrigna Language: Tigrinya, often written as Tigrigna is an Afro-Asiatic language, belonging to the family's Semitic branch. It is spoken by ethnic Tigray-Tigrinya in the Horn of Africa. Tigrigna speakers primarily inhabit the Tigray Region in northern Ethiopia, where its speakers are called Tigray, as well as the contiguous borders of southern and central Eritrea, where speakers are known as the Tigrigna. Tigrigna is also spoken by groups of emigrants from these regions, including some Beta Israel.
- also known as Tigrinya, Tigray, Tigrigna, Tigrinya language
- Tir is the fourth month of the Iranian calendar. It begins in June and ends in July of the Gregorian calendar. Tir has thirty-one days, spanning June and July in the Gregorian calendar.
- Tir is an essential component in the adherence of the enteropathogenic Escherichia coli and enterohemorraghic Escherichia coli to the cells lining the small intestine. To aid attachment, both EPEC and EHEC possess the ability to reorganise the host cell actin cytoskeleton via the secretion of virulence factors. These factors are secreted directly into the cells using a Type three secretion system. One of the virulence factors secreted is the Translocated Intimin Receptor. Tir is a receptor protein encoded by the espE gene which is located on the locus of enterocyte effacement pathogenicity island in EPEC strains. It is secreted into the host cell membranes and acts as a receptor for intimin which is found on the bacterial surface. Once Tir binds intimin, the bacterium is attached to the enterocyte surface.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tir
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) by Ashley Doyle
TIR is an uncovering technique with similarity to other methods such as repetitive exposure, flooding, imaginal exposure, and sequential...
Traumatic Incident Reduction (2008)
Research and Results by Victor R. Volkman
TIR is a brief (in this case, one session), straightforward, memory-based, therapeutic intervention most similar to imaginal flooding. A memory-based intervention implies that the symptoms currently experienced by a client are related to a past ...
by Donald A. Pierre
Tir is a feasible tower-position pair. 2. The difference between the elevation z(x) of the line and that of the ground (including surface obstruction) y(x) is greater than or equal to a designated clearance height h = h(x) at all points between towers.
by Daniel Gamota
In addition to the finish on the cylinder, the balance and total indicated runout ( TIR) are other important factors to prevent the doctor blade from bouncing and produce hazing. TIR is a measure of how true the cylinder rotates about its absolute ...
by Xingcun Colin Tong
The TIR is an optical phenomenon that occurs when a ray of light strikes a medium boundary at an angle larger than the critical angle with respect to the normal to the surface. The critical angle is given by (Litchinitser and Iakhnine 2011) θc 1⁄4 ...
Beyond Trauma (2005)
Conversations on Traumatic Incident Reduction by Victor R. Volkman
TIR is a regressive desensitization procedure for reducing or eliminating the negative ...
Lessons Unlearned, from Vietnam to Iraq by Raymond M. Scurfield
TRAUMATIC INCIDENT REDUCTION (TIR) TIR is a brief, individually- administered, simple and highly structured method to address painful negative effects of trauma experiences.138 The core strategy involves having the trauma survivor ...
From Crisis to Recovery (2009)
Strategic Planning for Response, Resilience and Recovery by George W. Doherty
TIR is a systematic method of locating, reviewing and resolving traumatic events.
by Philip Wexler
Toxicology Information Roundtable (TIR) The TIR is an annual meeting of persons involved in information management in the areas of toxicology and environmental health and safety. It serves as an informal forum for information exchange ...
The Latter Being Entirely New by John Shakespear
Jo irr tir, s. m. 1. The bank of a river, the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tir
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tir
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Tir
Click on an item to play that video:
- Tir Meaning
Video shows what Tir means. The fourth solar month of the Persian calendar.. Tir Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Tir.
- Tir na Noir! (with english Lyrics in vid description) Live performance by Hilde Myran & Elin Tveit!
This song is written by the norwegian band Vamp! Tir`na noir: its about a man who loses his wife, and when he dies by age he sails to Tir`na noir, where she is!
- Tir na n-Og 2015 (English-language)
Enillydd Gwobr Tir na n-Og 2015 am y llyfr Saesneg gorau yw Giancarlo Gemin am ei gyfrol 'Cowgirl' (Nosy Crow). / Giancarlo Gemin, has won the annual Tir na ...
Scrabble value of T1I1R1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TIR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Tir!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Tir to see it in context!