Definition of the noun tishri
What does tishri mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Tishris
- the first month of the civil year; the seventh month of the ecclesiastical year in the Jewish calendar (in September and October)
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- more generic term: Jewish calendar month = a month in the Jewish calendar
- part of: Hebrew calendar / Jewish calendar = the calendar used by the Jews; dates from 3761 BC
- part: Feast of Tabernacles / Feast of Booths / Tabernacles / Succoth / Sukkoth / Succos = a major Jewish festival beginning on the eve of the 15th of Tishri and commemorating the shelter of the Israelites during their 40 years in the wilderness
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tishri
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Return of the Stargods (2003)
by Richard Vizzutti
Rosh Hashanah being the seventh Hebrew month is called Tishri, which corresponds to September/October. Tishri is also the first month on the Jewish civil calendar.
Food, Cuisine, and Cultural Competency for Culinary, Hospitality, and Nutrition Professionals (2010)
by Sari Edelstein
There Reveling with Assembly (Tishri is a circling ...
The Mystery of the Shemitah (2014)
The 3,000-Year-Old Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future, the World's Future, and Your Future! by Jonathan Cahn
Tishri is the seventh month of the sacred calendar. Thus the crash took place on the day that ushers in the most sacred of times in the biblical calendar, the seventh month. • Seven Hundred Billion: The crash was triggered by the failure of ...
by Watson E. Mills, Roger Aubrey Bullard
Tishri, and Marcheshvan are not in the Bible. During "leap years" Adar was followed by Veader/Adar Sheni/Adar II, "Second Adar," an intercalary (inserted) month of 29 days. The Islamic is included as an example of a lunar ...
E-J by Geoffrey W. Bromiley
= 1 Tishri, Jehoiakim's ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tishri
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tishri
If you need images about Tishri for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Scrabble value of T1I1S1H4R1I1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TISHRI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Tishri!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Tishri to learn how to say it correctly!