Definition of the noun tishri
What does tishri mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Tishris
- the first month of the civil year; the seventh month of the ecclesiastical year in the Jewish calendar (in September and October)
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- more generic term: Jewish calendar month = a month in the Jewish calendar
- part of: Hebrew calendar / Jewish calendar = the calendar used by the Jews; dates from 3761 BC
- part: Feast of Tabernacles / Feast of Booths / Tabernacles / Succoth / Sukkoth / Succos = a major Jewish festival beginning on the eve of the 15th of Tishri and commemorating the shelter of the Israelites during their 40 years in the wilderness
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Tishri
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Mystery of the Shemitah (2014)
The 3,000-Year-Old Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future, the World's Future, and Your Future! by Jonathan Cahn
Tishri is the month of reckoning, when the nation stands before God and when sin is dealt with. the time of teshuvah In view of the judgment associated with its coming, Tishri has become the month of repentance. The “Ten Days of Awe” with ...
The Night Watch (2004)
by Roy S. Mills
Tishri is the beginning of the Harvest Season and Financial Year. Tishri is also the starting point on the Prophetic Calendar. THE HEBREW FEASTS Parti FEAST REPRESENTATIONS THE ...
The Mathematics of the Calendar (2007)
by Marc Cohn
Molad Tishri is the calculated first day of the New Year based on the calculated lengths of the lunar cycles. We use the preceding table to define our lengths of the twelve-month and thirteen-month years and use these values to calculate when ...
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1995)
E-J by Geoffrey W. Bromiley
= 1 Tishri, Jehoiakim's ...
The New international encyclopaedia (1918)
by Frank Moore Colby, Talcott Williams
TISHRI, tlsh'r*. A month in the Babylonian, Persian, and Jewish calendars corresponding to the Seleucid Hyperboretaios, September- October. The Babylonian name tish-ri-tum is regarded as derived from shurru, to begin, to dedicate, the civil ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tishri
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tishri
If you need images about Tishri for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Scrabble value of T1I1S1H4R1I1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TISHRI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Tishri!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Tishri to learn how to say it correctly!