On this page:
- Definition of the noun tog
- Definition of the verb tog
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tog
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tog
- Usage statistics about tog
- Photos about Tog
- Video about Tog
- Scrabble value of T1O1G2
- Anagrams of TOG
- Share this page
Definition of the noun tog
What does tog mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: togs
- A cloak.
- See Clothes.
- A unit of thermal resistance, being ten times the temperature difference (in °C) between the two surfaces of a material when the flow of heat is equal to one watt per square metre
Definition of the verb tog
What does tog mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: togged, togging
- provide with clothes or put clothes on
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent] [Verb] up [Patient] She spruced up herself before the job interview [Agent] [Verb] [Patient] up She spruced herself up before the job interview
- lexical domain: Body Actions - verbs of grooming, dressing and bodily care
- synonyms of tog: apparel / clothe / dress / enclothe / fit out / garb / garment / habilitate / raiment
- more generic terms: change state / turn = undergo a transformation or a change of position or action
- more specific terms:
- prim out / prim up / prim = dress primly
- wrap up / cover = clothe, as if for protection from the elements
- jacket = put a jacket on
- frock = put a frock on
- shirt = put a shirt on
- habit = put a habit on
- vesture = provide or cover with a cloak
- overclothe / overdress = dress too warmly
- underdress = dress without sufficient warmth
- corset = dress with a corset
- shoe = furnish with shoes
- coat = cover or provide with a coat
- dress up / costume = dress in a costume
- robe / vest = clothe formally
- gown = dress in a gown
Alternative definition of the verb tog
- [transitive] To dress.
- Tog a.k.a. Togo, officially the Togolese Republic, is a country in West Africa bordered by Ghana to the west, Benin to the east and Burkina Faso to the north. It extends south to the Gulf of Guinea, where its capital Lomé is located. Togo covers an area of approximately 57,000 square kilometres with a population of approximately 6.7 million.
- also known as Togolese Republic
- founded on (54 years ago)
- part of Africa, West Africa
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- part: capital of Togo / Lome = capital and largest city of Togo
- read more about Togo (country)
- Tog a.k.a. Togiak Airport is a state-owned, public-use airport located in Togiak Village, in the Bethel Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska.
Tog a.k.a. Tôg is a musical group.
- albums: "Drøm", "Feiring"
"Tog" is a composition.
- music by DJ Umek
- The tog is a measure of thermal resistance of a unit area, also known as thermal insulance, commonly used in the textile industry, and often seen quoted on, for example, duvets and carpet underlay.
- TOG is a hackerspace in Dublin, Ireland. tóg is a word in the Irish language; one of its meanings is 'to build or construct'.
- official website: www.tog.ie
- Tog a.k.a. Tonga (Nyasa) language: There are about 170,000 speakers of the Malawi language called Tonga, also called Western Nyasa.
- also known as Chitonga, Kitonga, Siska, Western Nyasa, Sisya, Tonga Language
- Tog a.k.a. cytoskeleton associated protein 5 is a gene.
- also known as colonic and hepatic tumor over-expressed, colonic and hepatic tumor over-expressed protein
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tog
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
TOG is a long (215 kD) filamentous microtubule binding protein containing several clusters of reiterated alpha helical HEAT repeats(Al-Bassam et al, 2007). TOG is a member of a gene 98 Introduction.
Proceedings of an AMS-IMS-SIAM Joint Summer Research Conference, University of Colorado, Boulder, June 20-24, 1999 by John Patrick Campbell Greenlees, Robert Ray Bruner, Nicholas John Kuhn
need not be a pcompact group unless ToG is a p-group. For instance, if X3 denotes the symmetric group of order 6, then the loop space Q(BX3)3 is not a 3-compact group. On the other ...
More Than 200 Fibers, from Animal to Spun Yarn by Carol Ekarius, Deborah Robson
The strong outercoat is called tog. It sometimes has a texture like mohair and sometimes a more subtle, silky quality. The fine undercoat is called þel, usually typeset in English as thel (the initial letter is a character known as a thorn, ...
by Benjamin L Merkle
Toi Tsvetpid Tog is a gen. of source and refers to the Holy Spirit (“the sword from the Spirit”; most commentators). Thus, the Spirit is the source of the sword, which emphasizes its divine provision and empowering (cf. Isa 11:4 LXX). ö £OTIV ...
by Kristopher Tapp
If G c R” is the graph of a differentiable function of two variables, then ToG is a 2-dimensional subspace of R", as in Figure A ( subspaces always pass though the origin; its translate to p is actually what is drawn).
Representing Ageing (2012)
Images and Identities by V. Ylänne
TOG is an empirical research project, with a sample drawn from voluntary responses toan invitation circulated through the Open University network ofemployees andassociated staff.We received 40 expressions of interest from all parts of the ...
The tog is the servant of the tow, and is bound to obey the orders of those on board the tow in such circumstances. Here, however, there was no contract between the parties. This is shown by the ...
British and American by Eric Partridge
tog, n. A coat: 1708 ...
Revised and Corrected, with the Addition of Numerous Slang Phrases, Collected from Tried Authorites by Francis Grose
Tog. A coat. Cant. To tog is to...
to tog a person is also to supply them with apparel, and they are said to be well or queerly togged, according to TOG.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tog
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about tog
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb tog:
Photos about Tog
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Tog
Video shows what tog means. A cloak.. Clothes.. A unit of thermal resistance, being ten times the temperature difference (in C) between the two surfaces of a ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Tog!
Scrabble value of T1O1G2
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TOG
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Tog!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Tog to see it in context!