On this page:
Definition of the noun trade rat
What does trade rat mean as a name of something?
- any of several bushy-tailed rodents of the genus Neotoma of western North America; hoards food and other objects
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Neotoma cinerea
- synonyms of trade rat: bushytail woodrat / pack rat / packrat
- more generic terms: wood rat / wood-rat = any of various small short-tailed rodents of the northern hemisphere having soft fur grey above and white below with furred tails and large ears
- more specific terms: dusky-footed woodrat / Neotoma fuscipes = host to Lyme disease tick (Ixodes pacificus) in northern California
- member of: genus Neotoma / Neotoma = packrats
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Trade Rat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Idaho (2001)
by Nancy Capace
More interesting than the gopher or mole because it is more intelligent is the pack rat (trade rat, cave rat, wood rat, bush rat, drummer rat, and mound builder). It is an erratic nocturnal prowler that always looks astonished and guilty and has ...
by Houghton Mifflin Company, Webster
trade rat n PACE RAT t. trade route n. A sea lane used by trading ships. trade school n A secondary school providing instruction in skilled ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Trade Rat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Trade Rat to find many related words and phrases!