Tram appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Marty, Bo got Hannah to go by tram.
- To get a madam on a tram, so smart a nomad a mate got!
- Martyred nicely, Tsar, re-tar a terra-style cindery tram.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun tram:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun tram
What does tram mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: trams
- a conveyance that transports passengers or freight in carriers suspended from cables and supported by a series of towers
- a four-wheeled wagon that runs on tracks in a mine
- a wheeled vehicle that runs on rails and is propelled by electricity
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of tram: streetcar / tramcar / trolley / trolley car
- more generic term: self-propelled vehicle = a wheeled vehicle that carries in itself a means of propulsion
- more specific word: horsecar = an early form of streetcar that was drawn by horses
- part of: trolley line = a transit line using streetcars or trolley buses
Alternative definition of the noun tram
- A passenger vehicle for public use that runs on tracks in the road.
- synonym: streetcar
- A similar vehicle for carrying materials.
Definition of the verb tram
What does tram mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: trammed | tramming | trams
- travel by tram
Phrases with Tram
- Tram Stop
- Tram Route
- Tram Track
- Tram Driver
- Shoot Through Like a Bondi Tram
Tram is a census-designated place in Floyd County, Kentucky, United States.
There are other places with Tram in their name, like Victor Harbor Horse Drawn Tram and Jackson Hole Aerial Tram and Gondola Rides.
Tram was a British musical duo composed of Paul Anderson and Nick Avery. Pioneers in the Slowcore movement, Tram was recognized for lush instrumentation played at a very slow pace. Tram recorded three albums, all of which were well received by fans and the music press. Their first album, Heavy Black frame was produced by multi-instrumentalist Clive Painter and features him and his partner in Broken Dog Martine Roberts alongside Placebo keyboardist Bill Lloyd. Heavy Black Frame was released on the Piao! label in the UK and Jetset Records in USA. The subsequent UK albums appeared on Setanta Records. In January 2009 Paul Anderson and Clive Painter formed a new band called the 99 Call and performed their first show in Rimini, Italy in July 2009. The performance was in part a celebration of the tenth anniversary of the release of 'Heavy Black Frame'.
- Clive Painter between and (3 years)
- genres: Indie rock, Slowcore
- albums: "A Kind of Closure", "Frequently Asked Questions", "Heavy Black Frame"
There are other groups with Tram in their name, like Tram 11.
Tram is a record label.
- "Tram": Villamos is a 1997 short film written by Márton Nyitrai and Gábor Marosi and directed by Márton Nyitrai.
- "Tram" is a 2012 animated short fantasy film written and directed by Michaela Pavlátová.
- also known as Tramvaj
- countries: France, Czech Republic
- director: Michaela Pavlátová
- producers: Ron Dyens & Pavel Strnad
- executive producer: Pavel Strnad
- production design by Michaela Pavlátová
- written by Michaela Pavlátová
- edited by Michaela Pavlátová & Miloš Krejcar
- music by Petr Marek
- genres: Fantasy, Animation, Comedy
- released on
- official website: www.michaelapavlatova.com/show/folder_anim/TRAM.html
- Tram: A tram is a passenger rail vehicle which runs on tracks along public urban streets and also sometimes on separate rights of way. It may also run between cities and/or towns, and/or partially grade separated even in the cities. Trams very occasionally also carry freight.
- also known as Streetcar, Trolley car, Trolley, Tramcar
- Tram a.k.a. Light rail or light rail transit is a form of urban rail public transportation that generally has a lower capacity and lower speed than heavy rail and metro systems, but higher capacity and higher speed than traditional street-running tram systems. The term is typically used to refer to rail systems with rapid transit-style features that usually use electric rail cars operating mostly in private rights-of-way separated from other traffic but sometimes, if necessary, mixed with other traffic in city streets. If this is the case, then under the law of many countries such systems are legally tramways, although the vehicles which run on them are sometimes designated "supertrams". Modern light rail technology is flexible and adaptable, and whether any given system is considered a true rapid transit system or not depends on its characteristics.
- also known as Light rail vehicle
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Tram
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Bacterial Cell-to-Cell Communication (2006)
Role in Virulence and Pathogenesis by Donald R. Demuth, Richard Lamont
TraM is a highly conserved member of TraR-Tral quorum-sensing systems, and is even associated with these systems on the symbiosis megaplasmids of Rhizobium.
Desk Encyclopedia of Microbiology (2010)
by Moselio Schaechter
traR + tral Tral AccR TraR OccR + trb operon Agrocinopine O O O 3OC 8 HSL Octapine Conjugation Agrocinopine + tra operon TraM Catabolism Catabolism + traM O N H Figure 6 Quorum sensing in Agrobacterium tumefaciens. (a) A plant ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis].
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
TRAM'MEL, n. s.tcv.a.
Machinery's Encyclopedia (1917)
A Work of Reference Covering Practical Mathematics and Mechanics, Machine Design, Machine Construction and Operation, Electrical, Gas, Hydraulic, and Steam Power Machinery, Metallurgy, and Kindred Subjects in the Engineering Field by Erik Oberg, Franklin Day Jones
until the cross-head has moved this distance from the dead-center mark; then pull the reversing lever back until the valve-stem tram A, Fig. 21, coincides with the front port mark and shows that the valve is at the point of cut-off. The reversing ...
Encyclopaedia Americana (1832)
A Popular Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature, History, Politics and Biography, Brought Down to the Present Time; Including a Copious Collection of Original Articles in American Biography by Francis Lieber, Edward Wigglesworth, Thomas Gamaliel Bradford
It is a tram rail-road. It is very extensively used for the transportation of coal and time. The general inclination of the rail-way is 1 in G60. Various species of wagons are used on it ; even common carts are allowed to go on it if the wheels are ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Tram
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Tram
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Tram Stop.
If you need images about Tram for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a low price:
Video about Tram
VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Using tram
Quotes about Tram
A derailed tram considers itself independent. (Valeriu Butulescu)
more quotes about tram...
Scrabble value of T1R1A1M3
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TRAM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Tram!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Tram to see it in context!