On this page:
- Definition of the noun treasurer
- Phrases with Treasurer
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Treasurer
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Treasurer
- Photos about Treasurer
- Video language resources about Treasurer
- Scrabble value of T1R1E1A1S1U1R1E1R1
- Anagrams of TREASURER
- Share this page
Definition of the noun treasurer
What does treasurer mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: treasurers
- an officer charged with receiving and disbursing funds
- examples: With regard to the membership fee, you must ask the treasurer of the club. | The treasurer was short in his accounts. | She serves as the club treasurer. | Pay your dues to the treasurer. | I resigned from my position as club treasurer. | Your club needs to elect officers: president, vice president, secretary and treasurer.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of treasurer: financial officer
- more generic terms: money dealer / money handler = a person who receives or invests or pays out money
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun treasurer
- The head of a corporation's treasury department.
- The official entrusted with the funds and revenues of an organization such as a club.
- The government official in charge of the Treasury.
- Treasurer is a fictional character from the 2009 anime TV series Kämpfer.
- Treasurer is a fictional character from the 1954 film Deep in My Heart.
- Treasurer is a fictional character from the 1988 film The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.
- Treasurer is a fictional film character.
- Treasurer is a fictional film character.
- Treasurer: A treasurer is the person responsible for running the treasury of an organization. The adjective for a treasurer is normally "tresorial". The adjective "treasurial" normally means pertaining to a treasury, rather than the treasurer.
- also known as أمين الخزانة, Schatmeester
- The Treasurer in Ancient Egypt is the modern translation of the title imi-r ḫtmt. The office is known since the end of the Old Kingdom, where people with this title appear sporadically in the organisation of private estates.
- Treasurer was a Scottish warship in the Royal Scots Navy in the 16th century.
- Treasurer a.k.a. The master of the treasury or treasurer was a royal official in the Kingdom of Hungary from the 12th century. Although treasurers were initially responsible for collecting and administering royal revenues, they adopted more and more judiciary functions and turned into the highest judges of the realm. From the 14th century, treasures presided the court of appeals for a group of the free royal cities, including Buda, Bártfa, Eperjes, Kassa, Nagyszombat, and Pressburg.
- read more about Master of the treasury
Phrases with Treasurer
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Treasurer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Louise Miskell
Mr Moilliet, the local treasurer, is a pleasant old swiss man who has made a large fortune here; and Mr russell, the permanent local treasurer is a zealous, indefatigable man, ready to slave at anything.34 With serious chartist unrest in the town ...
The Northwestern Reporter (1915)
The treasurer is the custodian of the fund, not a state fund, but a fund belonging to those who contributed it for the purpose named. The commissioner of agriculture and labor is made the commissioner of hail insurance, and is given charge of ...
Reports of New Magistrates' Cases Argued and Determined in All the Courts of Common Law at Westminster, 1844-1851 (1850)
by Sir Adam Bittleston, Edward Wise
126, and w en that is done it may be taken to be a public lunatic asylum; but the treasurer is the officer of the visitors, not of the proprietor. The order here treats...
The treasurer is an officer appointed under the 9 Geo. 4, c. 40, which relates to ...
Reports of New Magistrates' Cases Argued and Determined in All the Courts of Common Law at Westminster ... 1844- (1851)
by Great Britain. Courts, Adam Henry Bittleston, Edward Wise, Paul Parnell, Jelinger Cookson Symons
126, an when that is done it may be taken to be a public lunatic asylum; but the treasurer is the officer of the visitors, not of the proprietor. The order here treats...
The treasurer is an oflicer appointed under the 9 Geo. 4, c. 40, which relates to ...
And Upon Writs of Error from that Court to the Exchequer Chamber [1836-38] by Sandford Nevile
Again, a treasurer is a mere ministerial ...
by Toni McClory
The State Treasurer The state treasurer is the state's chief 112 Chapter Five The Attorney General.
The Original Bath Guide, Considerably Enlarged And Improved ; Forming An Indispensible Pocket Companion For The Visitor And Inhabitant (1818)
The Treasurer is the officiating as Minister at the Moravian Chapel; the Sub- Treasurers, Mrs. |. Dudden, No. 19, Monmouth-street, and twelve ladies belong, thing to this sect. rW} it's |||sts, di The Strangers' Friend Society was established by the ...
by Albert G. Mackey
TREASURER, GRAND See Grand treasurer * TREASURER, HERMETIC The French title is Tresorier hermetique. A Degree in the manuscript collection of Peuvret. This collection contains eight other Degrees with a similar title, namely: ...
Bacon's Dictionary of Boston (1886)
by Edwin Monroe Bacon, George Edward Ellis
secretary, Erving M'inslow ; treasurer, Wil- Wrightington ; secretary, F. F. Burgess ; Ham P. Kuhn ; directors, twelve. Appendix A.
President, New- ton Talbot ; secretary, Alfred Bickuell ; treasurer, Frederic W. Lincoln. Children's ...
fTreasurer, Mrs . Augusta Lahti, Calumet, Mich. *Treasurer, Rev. Hugo Hillila. # Assistant Treasurer, Alex. Pantti, Ishpeming, Mich. f Rev. E. J. Paananen, Republic, Mich. ( XVII).
by Newton Bateman
Boyer; Treasurer, E. A. Swranson. Present officers: President, Samuel Cherry; Recording and Corresponding Secretary, Arthur Johnson. INTERNATIONAL, ASSOCIATION ...
by Frank Hoffmann
Andrews, vice president; Louis Buehn, treasurer; and Perry B. Whitsit, secretary. New officers elected at the third convention of the association, July 1909, were Whitsit, president; ...
Encyclopedia of Colorado (1999)
by Nancy Capace
The district court of each county shall, at each term thereof, specially give in charge to the grand jury, if there be one, the laws regulating the accountability of the county treasurer, and shall appoint a committee of such grand jury, or of other ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Treasurer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Treasurer
Click on an item to view that photo:
- The Treasurer
Photo credit: Ed Clayton
- The Treasurer
The long bearded ghost of the mines
Photo credit: Enygmatic-Halycon
- Garden of the Treasurer's House
A view from the city walls, York.
Photo credit: dun_deagh
- Treasurer's House
Photo credit: Andrew Stawarz
- Statue from the Garden of the Treasurer's House
Photo credit: dun_deagh
- Office of the Treasurer
Above the western entrance of West Hospital
VCU MCV Campus; Richmond VA
Photo credit: taberandrew
- City Treasurer Dana Cortez
Photo credit: mark6mauno
- Treasurer's House, York
Photo credit: Tim Green aka atoach
- Treasurer's Cottage
The Treasurer's Cottage in the Reynolda Historic District in Winston-Salem, NC (c. 1912-1916).
Photo credit: Teemu008
Video language resources about Treasurer
Click on an item to play that video:
- Treasurer Meaning
Video shows what treasurer means. The head of a corporation's treasury department.. The official entrusted with the funds and revenues of an organization such ...
- 3 - Treasurer Job Description
Treasurer Job Description: A person who oversees future cash flows, bank accounts and relationships, liquid assets, and capital management. They may also ...
- UMN ASU Treasurer's Job Description
- SMiles Spotlight's Charlotte Moore, Candidate for ESL City Treasurer.
- Company Treasurer Job Description
- Job Description Of A Board Of Trustees Treasurer
- Corporate Treasurer Job Description
- Bank Treasurer Job Description
- Treasurer Job Description
- City Treasurer Job Description
- City starts search for treasurer: Commissioners review job description for position
- Assistant Treasurer's Job Description
- District Treasurer Job Description
- Job Description For A Nonprofit Treasurer
- Job Description For A Volunteer Treasurer
- The Job Description For The Board Treasurer
View more videos about State Treasurer.
See also the pronunciation examples of Treasurer!
Scrabble value of T1R1E1A1S1U1R1E1R1
The value of this 9-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TREASURER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Treasurer!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Treasurer to see it in context!