The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun treatment:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun treatment
- Phrases with Treatment
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Treatment
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Treatment
- Photos about Treatment
- Video language resources about Treatment
- Sign language
- Quotes about Treatment
- Scrabble value of T1R1E1A1T1M3E1N1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun treatment
What does treatment mean as a name of something?
Treatment is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: treatments
- care provided to improve a situation (especially medical procedures or applications that are intended to relieve illness or injury)
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of treatment: intervention
- more generic words: aid / attention / care / tending = the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
- more specific terms:
- medical care / medical aid = professional treatment for illness or injury
- massage = kneading and rubbing parts of the body to increase circulation and promote relaxation
- modality = a method of therapy that involves physical or electrical therapeutic treatment
- detoxification = a treatment for addiction to drugs or alcohol intended to remove the physiological effects of the addictive substances
- chiropractic = a method of treatment that manipulates body structures (especially the spine) to relieve low back pain or even headache or high blood pressure
- fomentation = application of warm wet coverings to a part of the body to relieve pain and inflammation
- naturopathy = a method of treating disease using food and exercise and heat to assist the natural healing process
- naprapathy = a drugless method of treatment based on the belief that disease symptoms arise from problems with ligaments and connective tissues
- orthodontic treatment = dental treatment that corrects irregularities of the teeth or of the relation of the teeth to surrounding anatomy
- orthoptics = treatment of defects of binocular vision (such as strabismus and amblyopia) by nonsurgical measures
- osteopathy = therapy based on the assumption that restoring health is best accomplished by manipulating the skeleton and muscles
- osteoclasis = treatment of a skeletal deformity by intentionally fracturing a bone
- acupuncture / stylostixis = treatment of pain or disease by inserting the tips of needles at specific points on the skin
- acupressure / shiatsu / G-Jo = treatment of symptoms by applying pressure with the fingers to specific pressure points on the body
- autogenic training / autogenic therapy / autogenics = training patients in self-induced relaxation
- hydrotherapy / hydropathy = the internal and external use of water in the treatment of disease
- rest-cure = rest as a medical treatment for stress or anxiety etc.
- part: therapeutic / curative / remedy / cure = a medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain
- the management of someone or something
- examples: the treatment of water sewage | the right to equal treatment in the criminal justice system
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of treatment: handling
- more generic words: direction / management = the act of managing something
- more specific words:
- a manner of dealing with something artistically
- an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
- example: his treatment of the race question is badly biased
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of treatment: discourse / discussion
- more generic words: communicating / communication = the activity of communicating
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the noun treatment
- The process or manner of treating someone or something.
- Medical care for an illness or injury.
- The use of a substance or process to preserve or give particular properties to something.
- A treatise; a formal written description or characterization of a subject.
- "Treatment" is a 2011 comedy/drama film directed by Sean Nelson and Steven Schardt.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: Steven Schardt & Sean Nelson
- producers: Jennifer Maas & Steven Schardt
- executive producers: Stefan Ashkenazy & Vallejo Gantner
- written by Sean Nelson
- cinematography by Benjamin Kasulke
- edited by Sean Donavan
- genres: Black comedy, Comedy
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Treatment" is a documentary film directed by Wu Wenguang.
- country: China
- language: Standard Chinese
- genre: Documentary film
- rating: G
- released in (5 years ago)
"Treatment" is a book by A. C. H. Smith.
- Treatment is a song by English musician Labrinth. Written by Labrinth, Carl Falk and Rami Yacoub, it was released as the fifth single from his debut album Electronic Earth on 9 September 2012. The album version of the song features uncredited vocals from Etta Bond. It became Labrinth's only single as a lead artist to miss the UK top 15, peaking at #55.
- "Treatment" is a musical album of Digital Dance.
- released on (8 years ago)
Who is Treatment?
Treatment is one of the world’s leading screen content production companies.
Treatment is a medical trial design.
Phrases with Treatment
- Flour treatment agent
- full treatment
- shock treatment
- beauty treatment
- silent treatment
- Window treatment
- inhuman treatment
- summary treatment
- Exposure Treatment
- orthodontic treatment
- conservative treatment
- insulin shock treatment
- metrazol shock treatment
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Treatment
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Comparison among treatment means using the LSD test showed that the effect of benomyl on % infection on the test plants and RSD transmission was not significantly different from that of the control. However, by Duncan's multiple range test ...
Anesthesiology 1986 (2012)
Annual Utah Postgraduate Course in Anesthesiology 1986 by T.H. Stanley, W.C. Petty
reveals it to be the ratio of the variability between the two treatment means divided by the variability between the individual values. This concept of the ratio of the variabilities (the variances) can ...
Centralized Treatment For small systems, centralized treatment refers to both full scale conventional treatment and to...
Living Without Fear (2010)
by Ernest Holmes
A spiritual mind treatment is an act of the mind consciously conceiving the presence of some desired good which one has...
by Thomas M. Pankratz
TravaliftTM Traversing sludge collecting and pumping mechanism for package treatment plants by FMC Corp. Trebler Automatic sampler by Lakeside Equipment Corp. Trey Deaerator Three stage deaerator by Permutit Co., Inc. Tricellorator ...
by James R. Pfafflin, Edward N. Ziegler
INTRODUCTION Biological treatment is the most widely used method for removal , as well as partial or complete stabilization of biologically degradable substances present in waste-waters. Most often, the degradable substances are organic in ...
by Paul G Smith
package wastewater treatment plants A complete small treatment plant made at a factory and placed on site. For wastewater treatment, the package plant may contain primary sedimentation, aerobic biological ...
by Gerhard Nahler
laboratory data ( example given for a total of 170 subjects, x-axis: number of subjects with observations as specified after treatment, y-axis: number of observations before ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Treatment
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Treatment
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ChodHound
Northern Premier League Premier Division. FC United of Manchester 5-2 Bradford Park Avenue. Tameside Stadium, Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester.
Photo credit: Matthew Wilkinson
Photo credit: daninofal
Huge vats at the Crossness Sewage Treatment Works.
Photo credit: Ewan-M
- Spring Treatment
Photo credit: Thomas James Caldwell
- Ceiling treatment
Photo credit: patrickwoodward
- Treatment Versions.
Photo credit: PeterTea
- Treatment Facial
Photo credit: Zenspa1
- Treatment Versions.
Photo credit: PeterTea
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Treatment
Click on an item to play that video:
- Nutrition & Pancreatic Cancer Treatment Explanation Video
Anne Ammons, Registered Dietician and Certified Specialist in Oncology for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and the Pancreas Center of New York on the ...
- Pneumonia : Definition, Causes, Clinical Features, Morphology, Diagnosis, Treatment (HD)
A brief discussion on Pneumonia. Topics Included: - What is Pneumonia ? - Predisposing Factors of Pneumonia - Causes / Aetiology - Classification of ...
- This Doctor Delivers the Best Explanation and Treatment for Alzheimer's
Dr. Stephanie Seneff explains what she's found in her research into Alzheimer's Disease. Find out the complexity of the different minerals and their reactions ...
- Hydrocephalus - Definition, treatment and complications
Dr. Hermes Prado Jr, medical doctor and scientific artist, from the website...
- Asthma : Definition, Clinical Features, Pathogenesis, Treatment (HD)
A brief discussion on Asthma. Topics include: - Definition of Asthma - Clinical Features - Diagnosis of Asthma - Reversibility Test - Classifications - Atopy vs ...
- Kidney Disease Treatment Definition : Dialysis, Kidney Transplant and Diet Plans
Discover How To Cure & Reverse Kidney Disease Naturally in 4 Weeks. Improve Kidney Function Even If You Are On Dialysis or in End Stage.
- Conversion Disorder: Definition, Causes and Treatment
15 - Somatoform Disorders in Abnormal Psychology.
- Emphysema : Definition, Pathogenesis, Clinical Features, Diagnosis & Treatment (HD)
A brief discussion on Emphysema. Topics Include : - Definition of Emphysema - Causes of Emphysema - Types of Emphysema - Centriacinar Emphysema ...
- Pigmentation laser treatment - detailed explanation
Dr. Gavin Chan discusses the treatment of skin pigmentation problems.
- Morton's Neuroma Explanation & Treatment in 2.5 Minutes
What is a Morton's Neuroma, and how do you alleviate the foot and toe pain associated with it? This 2.5 minute video defines Morton's Neuromas and discusses ...
- Aplastic Anaemia : Definition, Aetiology, Clinical Features, Diagnosis, Treatment, Prognosis (HD)
Topics Included: -Definition -Classification -Idiopathic Aplastic Anaemia -Secondary Aplastic Anaemia -Familial Aplastic Anaemia -Aetiology -Role of Drug ...
- Sickle Cell Disease : Definition, Pathophysiology, Clinical & Lab Findings, Treatment
Sickle Cell Disease is a hereditary disorder of Haemoglobin. An abnormal haemoglobin named HbS is responsible for this disease . This video will discuss ...
- Acute Stress Disorder Definition, Causes and Treatment
14 - Stress Disorders.
- Phyllodes Tumor Definition and Treatment
Dr. Harness explains that phyllodes tumors are benign tumors in the breast, the indicators for its development, and potential treatment for the patient.
- Pernicious Anaemia : Definition, Pathophysiology, Clinical Features, Diagnosis, Treatment (HD)
Topics Include: - What is Pernicious Anaemia - Pathophysiology of Pernicious Anaemia - Genetic Factors - Auto Immune Factors - Antibodies Against Parietal ...
- Fraxel laser treatment - detailed explanation
Dr. Gavin Chan discusses the Fraxel laser, the theory behind the laser treatment, the procedure, and the pros and cons of treatment.
- Haemophilia : Definition, Types, Pathogenesis, Clinical Features, Diagnosis, Treatment ( HD )
A brief discussion on Haemophilia (also written as Hemophilia) : Topics include: -What is Haemophilia ? -Types of Haemophilia -Clinical Classification ...
- Dysthymia and Cyclothymia Definition, Symptoms & Treatment Video & Lesson Transcript Education
- Female Athlete Triad:Definition & Treatment
Chapter 16 : Eating Disorders: Risk to Nutrition.
- Depressive Disorders Definition, Types, Causes & Treatment Video & Lesson Transcript Education
- Speech Language Pathology : Stuttering Treatment
Stuttering treatment can include easy onset, block release, prolongations and some uses of different programs such as Speak Freely and Lithgow methods.
- Usura - Open Your Mind (Mason's Animal Language Treatment)
Usura - Open Your Mind (Mason's Animal Language Treatment) HD.
- Verbal Stereotypies - Description and Example ABA Treatment by Dr. Carbone
Dr. Carbone describes verbal stereotypies and comments an example of treatment of a child with autism using verbal stereotypies as a reinforcer for appropriate ...
- Bio Cellulose Facial Treatment Mask Description and Use.
Find out more...
- Ultraformer - Treatment Description - Dr. Noha Zeidan
- Rosedale Clinic treatment description
Chris Boardman describes the treatments available at the Rosedale Clinic.
- Encouraging language using your child's motivation - The Autism Treatment Center of America
- Audio Treatment - Language of light - message
Sabio - language of light /piano.
- Whole language treatment
- Stemcell Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment (PRP) Persian/Farsi Language Satellite Broadcast
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment (PRP)...
Medical doctor learns sign language to provide better treatment to hearing impaired
A doctor in Tainan was inspired to learn sign language after treating a hearing impaired patient. Now better communication skills allow her to provide better ...
Quotes about Treatment
The prime goal is to alleviate suffering, and not to prolong life. And if your treatment does not alleviate suffering, but only prolongs life, that treatment should be stopped. (Christiaan Barnard)
more quotes about treatment...
Scrabble value of T1R1E1A1T1M3E1N1T1
The value of this 9-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Treatment to see it in context!