On this page:
Definition of the verb trick out
What does trick out mean as a doing phrase?
- put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive
- lexical domain: Body Actions - verbs of grooming, dressing and bodily care
- synonyms of trick out: attire / deck out / deck up / dress up / fancy up / fig out / fig up / get up / gussy up / overdress / prink / rig out / tog out / tog up / trick up
- more generic terms: dress / get dressed = put on clothes
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the verb trick out
- [informal, transitive, of a person or thing] To dress or decorate in an especially fancy, elaborate, or excessive manner.
- [informal, transitive, of a motor vehicle, etc.] To mod or customize an object, typically for the purposes of personalization and enhancing performance capabilities such as the ability to perform stunts.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for trick out
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James Main Dixon
— To trick out — to decorate; to dress brilliantly. P. It finds itself tricked out in gay garments, and it has money put in its pocket, and it is bidden to dance and be merry.— Wm. Black. Trip. — To trip -to cause to fall. P. Paddy was tripped up.
Urban Dictionary (2009)
Fularious Street Slang Defined by urbandictionary.com, Aaron Peckham
trick out 1. In the car tuning scene: to modify a vehicle with as many ...
A Dictionary of English Synonymes and Synonymous Or Parallel Expressions Designed as a Practical Guide to Aptness and Variety of Phraseology (1891)
by Richard Soule
bedizen, set out, set off, trick out. See AKRAY. Bedew, v. a. Moisten, wet, damp, dampen, sprinkle, besprinkle. Bedim, v. a. Darken, bedarken, dim, obscure, cloud , becloud. Bedizen, v. a. Adorn (ra*dZy\ deck, bedeck, trick out, begawd, prank.
treciaw, furnish or harness, trick out, ( trec, an £ harness, gear.] To dress; trim; deck; prank; specifically, to arrange, dress, or decorate, especiall in a fanciful way, as the person or the hair: often followed by out or up.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for trick out
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about trick out
Trick Out Your Blog Panel
From left to right, Dunstan Orchard, Matthew Mullenweg, Jay Allen, and Tantek Celik.
Photo credit: Stephan Segraves
Video about trick out
Trick out Meaning
Video shows what trick out means. To dress or decorate in an especially fancy, elaborate, or excessive manner.. To mod or customize an object, typically for the ...Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine