On this page:
- Definition of the noun trident
- Phrases with Trident
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Trident
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Trident
- Photos about Trident
- Videos about Trident
- Scrabble value of T1R1I1D2E1N1T1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun trident
What does trident mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: tridents
- a spear with three prongs
Alternative definition of the noun trident
- A three-pronged spear somewhat resembling a pitchfork.
- Trident is a brand of sugarless chewing gum popular in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Costa Rica, Australia, Greece, Lebanon, Guyana, Spain, Mexico, Algeria, Portugal, Venezuela, Morocco, Thailand, Peru, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador and in Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay & Uruguay as 'Beldent'. It was introduced by Cadbury in the United Kingdom. In many other European countries, Trident is branded as Stimorol gum; it is generally the same as Trident.
- official website: www.tridentgum.com
- Trident Cars Ltd was a British car manufacturer based originally in Woodbridge then in Ipswich, Suffolk between 1966 and 1974 and again after being restarted in 1976 from premises in Ipswich. The new company stopped production in 1977-78.
- Trident is a record label, defunct organization.
- Trident is a publisher.
- Trident: In the United Kingdom, Trident is an organisation which arranges school age students with work experience placements. Such placements usually occur when a student is aged 14 or 15.
- Trident is a musical group.
- album: "World Destruction"
- official website: www.trident666.com
- Trident is a musical group.
- albums: "ブルー・フィールド", "Purest Blue"
There are other groups with in their name, like Lords of the Trident.
Trident is the name of a number of supervillains in the DC Comics universe.
"Trident" a.k.a. "Thirisoolam" is a 1979 Tamil film directed by K. Vijayan. It has Sivaji Ganesan playing three different roles. The film was Sivaji's last all-time blockbuster and completed a 200-days run at the box office. About 30 million tickets were sold worldwide. This was significant as Tamil Nadu population was 47 million then.
- read more about Thirisoolam
- "Trident" is a 1975 album by jazz pianist McCoy Tyner, his eighth to be released on the Milestone label. It was recorded in February 1975 and features performances by Tyner with Ron Carter and Elvin Jones. It is available on CD.
- genre: Jazz
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Trident" is an album by the rock band Kingfish. Their second studio album and their third album overall, it was recorded at the Record Plant in Sausalito, California, and released by Jet Records in 1978.
- genre: Rock music
- released in (37 years ago)
- "Trident" is a musical album of Lomov.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Trident" is a musical single of Sato.
- released on (5 years ago)
Trident a.k.a. Trident, Arkansas: Trident is an unincorporated community in Township 13, Benton County, Arkansas, United States. It is located on Long Farm Road just off Arkansas Highway 244.
- read more about Trident, Arkansas
- Trident: A trident is a three-pronged spear. It is used for spear fishing and historically as a polearm. The trident is the weapon of Poseidon, or Neptune, the god of the sea in classical mythology. In Hindu mythology it is the weapon of Shiva, known as trishula.
- Trident is the name of the layout engine for the Microsoft Windows version of Internet Explorer.
- also known as MSHTML
- official website: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa741317.aspx
- The Trident missile is a submarine-launched ballistic missile equipped with multiple independently targetable reentry vehicles. The Fleet Ballistic Missile is armed with nuclear warheads and is launched from nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarines. Trident missiles are carried by fourteen active US Navy Ohio-class submarines, with US warheads, and four Royal Navy Vanguard-class submarines, with British warheads. The original prime contractor and developer of the missile was Lockheed Martin Space Systems.
- also known as Trident missile
- Trident is an anthology comic series published by Trident Comics from 1989 to 1990.
- Trident is a feature on Earth's Moon, a crater in Taurus-Littrow valley. Astronauts Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt landed about 300 m north of its rim in 1972, on the Apollo 17 mission. They drove along the east rim of Trident during EVA 1 of the mission, in their rover.
- Trident a.k.a. forkhead box M1 is a gene.
- also known as Forkhead, drosophila, homolog-like 16; forkhead (Drosophila)-like 16
Phrases with Trident
Phrases starting with the word Trident:
Other phrases containing the word Trident:
- Persian Trident Bat
- Percival's Trident Bat
- Temminck's Trident Bat
- Stoliczka's Trident Bat
- Trouessart's Trident Bat
- Patrizi's Trident Leaf-Nosed Bat
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Trident
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Policy Issues for The 1990's (1989)
by Ray C. Rist
Trident is a very expensive capital project with an in-service life of over thirty years and very low manpower and running costs. Less than 1 percent of British servicemen are required to run the Strategic Nuclear Force, which takes about 2.5 ...
The Land of the Dragon (2014)
by Carl Skiff
The trident is a symbol of both power and authority. THE TWELVE ORNAMENTS Among the earliest designs used as decorations is a group of symbols known as The Twelve Ornaments, all of which signify power and authority. These symbols ...
Vol. 2: Oral and Written Evidence by Great Britain: Parliament: House of Commons: Scottish Affairs Committee
Trident is a very big issue in this campaign. Q 1797 Chair: One of our anxieties is about people being asked to vote for a...
by Boris Zhivkov
The trident is a widely used symbol in Khazaria and is part of the Eurasian Steppe world tradition and especially that of the Sarmatians. On Khazar coins, the trident is placed where Muslim rulers usually wrote the names and titles denoting ...
Love and Intimacy with Multiple Partners by Deborah Anapol
The trident is an ancient symbol still associated with Shiva and, in the Creco- Roman pantheon, with Poseidon or Neptune, god of the oceans and the underworld. Whether conceived of as three aspects of the one or as three different ...
Terminating Trident - Days Or Decades?, Fourth Report of Session 2012-13, Report, Together with Formal Minutes by Great Britain: Parliament: House of Commons: Scottish Affairs Committee
Trident is a joint venture between the UK and the United States. The UK has bought title to a number of D5 missiles in the stockpile, maintained and stored in King's Bay Georgia.5 The UK contributes £12 million a year to the US as part of the ...
The Second Perimeter (2011)
A Joe DeMarco Thriller by Mike Lawson
A Trident is a sleek, sinisterlooking killing machine, and it wasn't hard for DeMarco to imagine it sitting motionless beneath the waves, a missile hatch silently opening—and then the entire world being set on fire. But “Gee that thing's ...
by George R. Murray, CPA.
Because Trident is a new business, its partners are happy with its current ROE and expect it to improve in the future. Typically, all ratios involving net income and a balance sheet item use the average of the balance sheet item (for example , ...
The Sheriff of Ramadi (2013)
Navy Seals and the Winning of Al-Anbar by Dick Couch
Today Trident is a dynamic, growing, and evolving value-added element of the deploying squadrons. The SEAL squadrons are also able to draw on the invaluable help and expertise found in our naval ratings: masters-at-arms, operations ...
Motor Age (1908)
— Nathan Tike Trunk Lock with elastic or inelastic bases; the Goodrich is a two-piece side ring detachable rim; the Firestone is a four-piece universal detachable rim; the Trident is a side ring detachable rim, and the Crescent is a removable ...
Encyclopedia of Ukraine (2016)
Volume V: St-Z by Danylo Husar Struk
The trident appeared not only on coins but also on the bricks of the Church of the Tithes in Kiev (98696), the tiles of the Dormition Cathedral in VolodymyrVolynskyi (1160), and the stones of other churches, castles, and palaces. It was also ...
by Anthony Bruce, William Cogar
Trident We American Trident nuclear missile, a long'range SU BMARINE— LAUNCHED BALLISTIC MISSILE (SLBM), was...
Submarine-Launched Missiles Poseidon and the newer Trident are solid-fuel ballistic missiles with multiple nuclear warheads, launched from submerged submarines. Poseidon has replaced the obsolete Polaris missile in the remaining 31 of ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms. Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Triaena Kunth Gramineae Triaena Kunth Gramineae Origins: Greek triaina "trident," referring to the flowers. Triaenacanthus Nees Acanthaceae Origins: Greek triaina "trident, three-pronged fork" and akantha "thorn." Triaenophora ( Hook.f ...
by Paul Akermann
TRIDENT also belonged to the very small group of submarines, of either side, which managed to serve as ...
by Richard J. Samuels
Sea-launched ballistic missiles are carried by Ohio class, Trident submarines, the largest submarines deployed by the U.S. Navy, second in size only to Russian Typhoon submarines. These submarines, specifically designed for extended ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Trident
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Trident
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: fabiencambi
Photo credit: allenthepostman
Kiba Park at Tokyo -- its leaves work for asthma by appropriate dose, bark for animal parasites, and fruit as food for birds only; do NOT eat them!
Photo credit: bonjour_de_y5i
Three wheeled electric urban shopping car of the sixties. LeMay Family Collection
Photo credit: Hugo-90
Photo credit: KirkOls
Photo credit: Roycin
Photo credit: grongar
- Trident Seafoods, Akutan
Hard to believe that about 1000people call this shelf on the rock home.
Photo credit: PoweredbyLycoming
- Trident Venturer
Photo credit: pyntofmyld
- Trident family
Photo credit: km30192002
View more pictures about The Trident.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Trident
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of T1R1I1D2E1N1T1
The value of this 7-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine