Definition of the noun triskele
What does triskele mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: triskeles
- a figure consisting of three stylized human arms or legs (or three bent lines) radiating from a center
Alternative definition of the noun triskele
- A symbol consisting of three (or sometimes more) connected curves or spirals.
- Triskele is a musical group.
- albums: "Kolga-Jaani vaimulikud rahvalaulud", "Lõuna-Eesti vaimulikud rahvalaulud II", "Ridala vaimulikud rahvalaulud", "Lõuna-Eesti vaimulikud rahvalaulud", "Eesti vaimulikud rahvalaulud", "Tartumaa rahvamuusika, volüüm 2: Kodavere laulud"
- official website: www.triskele.ee
- Triskele a.k.a. Triskèle is a musical group.
- albums: "Origines", "Les murmures de la foret..."
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for triskele
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Carl McColman
A Triskele is a popular symbol among lovers of Celtic wisdom. In combining three branches emanating from a unified center ...
by Thomas McDowell Nelson Lewis
Cross motif: Another geometric design motif that occurs with more variation than the triskele is the cross. This element of design, which may be distinguished on the thorax of the spider (fig. 8.4B), on the naturalistic rattlesnake (fig. 8.4C), and on ...
Encyclopedia of Religions (2013)
by John G. R. Forlong
Triskele. Triquetra. See. Svastika. This. is. the "three-legged" emblem, which appears to represent the sun's movement. Dr Isaac Taylor regards it as of Phoenician origin (see Notes and Queries, 11th June 1887). It is common on early coins, ...
by Udo Becker
Triskele - Or "triquetra." The division of a circle into three parts; it was used as an ornament even on pre-historic clay pots and as a symbol on coats of arms and coins (of ancient Agrigento, for example); the Christian symbol of the Trinity ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for triskele
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about triskele
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of T1R1I1S1K5E1L1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TRISKELE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of triskele!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of triskele to find many related words and phrases!