On this page:
- Definition of the noun Trow
- Definition of the verb Trow
- Phrases with Trow
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Trow
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Trow
- Photos about Trow
- Video about Trow
- Quotes about Trow
- Scrabble value of T1R1O1W4
- Anagrams of TROW
- Share this page
Trow is sometimes a misspelling of true.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Trow
What does Trow mean as a name of something?
- [obsolete, uncountable] trust or faith
- [dated, nautical, countable] Any of several flat-bottomed sailing boats used for fishing or for carrying bulk goods
- [Scottish, dated] troll
Definition of the verb Trow
What does Trow mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: trowed | trowing | trows
- [obsolete] To trust or believe
- [obsolete] To have confidence in, or to give credence to
- Trow a.k.a. Trousers are an item of clothing worn from the waist to the ankles, covering both legs separately. In the UK the word "pants" generally means underwear and not trousers. Shorts are similar to trousers, but with legs that come down only to around the area of the knee, higher or lower depending on the style of the garment. To distinguish them from shorts, trousers may be called "long trousers" in certain contexts such as school uniform, where tailored shorts may be called "short trousers", especially in the UK.
- read more about Trousers
- Trow: In the folkloric traditions of the Orkney and Shetland islands, a trow is a small, troll-like fairy creature. Trows, in general, are inclined to be short of stature, ugly and both shy and mischievous in nature. Like the troll of Scandinavian legend, with which the trow shares many similarities, trows are nocturnal creatures; venturing out of their 'trowie knowes' solely in the evening, they often enter households as the inhabitants sleep. Trows traditionally have a fondness for music, and folktales tell of their habit of kidnapping musicians or luring them to their dens.
- Trow: A trow was a type of cargo boat found in the past on the rivers Severn and Wye in Great Britain and used to transport goods.
Phrases with Trow
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Trow
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Rick Wilson
A trow is a flatbottomed sailing barge, andthe Llandoger part ofthe name comes from a small Welsh village called Llandogo on the River Wye in Monmouthshire. The Llandoger Trow is certainly oneofthe architectural gems in King Street along ...
by Oscar Wilde
Trow is an old-fashioned way of saying “think.
by Marie Loughlin, Sandra Bell, Patricia Brace
trow-wise A trow iS a flat-bottomed boat. 3 lodestone magnetic compass. 4 peradventure perhaps. 5 harking Scyllas, ravening Celaenos, and Laestglgons monsters from Homer's The Odyssey and Virgil's Aeneid Scylla is a sea monster; ...
by Constantine Santas, James M. Wilson, Maria Colavito, Djoymi Baker
Trow argues that then,
Trow, El Cid, 83–85. 13. Trow, El Cid ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Trow
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Trow
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Trow
Video shows what trow means. To trust or believe.. To have confidence in, or to give credence to.. Trow Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
View more videos about Drop Trow.
See also the pronunciation examples of Trow!
Quotes about Trow
Finger stink you can't cut it trow it wey.
more quotes about trow...
Scrabble value of T1R1O1W4
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of TROW
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Trow!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Trow to see it in context!