On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun true toad
What does true toad mean as a name of something?
- tailless amphibian similar to a frog but more terrestrial and having drier warty skin
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- more generic terms: anuran / batrachian / frog / salientian / toad / toad frog = any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping
- more specific terms:
- bufo = any toad of the genus Bufo
- Bufo marinus / agua toad / agua = largest known toad species; native to Central America
- European toad / Bufo bufo = common toad of Europe
- Bufo calamita / natterjack = common brownish-yellow short-legged toad of western Europe
- Bufo americanus / American toad = common toad of America
- Eurasian green toad / Bufo viridis = Eurasian toad with variable chiefly green coloring
- American green toad / Bufo debilis = small green or yellow-green toad with small black bars and stripes
- Yosemite toad / Bufo canorus = of high Sierra Nevada meadows and forest borders
- Bufo speciosus / Texas toad = nocturnal burrowing toad of mesquite woodland and prairies of the United States southwest
- Bufo microscaphus / southwestern toad = a uniformly warty stocky toad of washes and streams of semiarid southwestern United States
- western toad / Bufo boreas = of a great variety of habitats from southern Alaska to Baja California west of the Rockies
- member of: Bufonidae / family Bufonidae = true toads
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for True Toad
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Essential Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians of USA, Canada, and Mexico by MobileReference
also known as the Giant Neotropical Toad or Marine Toad, is a large, terrestrial true toad native to Central and South America. It is a member of the subgenus Chaunus of the genus ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for True Toad
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about True Toad
Click on an item to view that photo:
Mr. Content, the True Toad
Marc-Anthony Macon, 2014
Photo credit: Marc-Anthony Macon
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Anagrams of TRUE TOAD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of True Toad!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of True Toad for some fun with words!