On this page:
- Definition of the noun Ukulele
- Phrases with Ukulele
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ukulele
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ukulele
- Photos about Ukulele
- Video language resources about Ukulele
- Quotes about Ukulele
- Scrabble value of U1K5U1L1E1L1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Ukulele
What does Ukulele mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ukuleles
- a small guitar having four strings
- examples: Tom was sitting on the edge of the desk playing his ukulele. | Tom can't even play one song on his ukulele without making mistakes. | Tom encouraged Mary to take ukulele lessons. | Tom doesn't want a ukulele made of plastic. | All Tom wanted was for Mary to play a couple of tunes on her ukulele. | "Looks like Maki's a twin!" Ken said. "Really now," I replied, totally uninterested. Maki was a member of a ukulele club that ran beside our club in the school lounge. She looked lovely in Ken's eyes, but to me she was just the sixth cutest girl in class - average, in my opinion. | I'll teach you how to play the ukulele if you want me to. | I haven't played the ukulele in years. | Tom sat under a tree, strumming his ukulele.
- region: Aloha State / Haw. / Hawai'i / Hawaii / HI
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of ukulele: uke
- more generic word: guitar = a stringed instrument usually having six strings
Alternative definition of the noun Ukulele
- [musical instruments] A small four-stringed guitar.
Ukulele is a musical group.
- also known as Yuko Lilun, Àu§J§õªL, 优客李林, You Ke Li Lin, 優克李林
- albums: "優客年代" (disc 1: 優盤), "精選優客李林", "Ocean Deep", "捍衛愛情", "認錯", "黃絲帶", "昨日·今日·永遠", "少年遊", "最深的想念: 未完成的優客李林", "Perhaps Love"
- Ukulele is a musical genre.
- "Ukulele" a.k.a. "Ukulélé" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music and lyrics by Thomas Fersen
- "Ukulele" is a musical album of Kaláka.
- released in (23 years ago)
Phrases with Ukulele
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ukulele
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Rob MacKillop
The ukulele is an extraordinary instrument with a remarkable history.
Easy Ukulele Method (2010)
by Mary Lou Stout Dempler
the ukulele is an instrument for everyone and every type of music! So begin today using this tablature method and discover the wonders of this little instrument.
by Beckwith & Stewart
A ukulele is a small musical instrument with 4 strings. Ukuleles are usually made of wood and have fretted necks. Ukuleles...
by David Hodge
The ukulele is a relatively new instrument, yet it has a rich history. • The four basic sizes of...
• The baritone ukulele is the largest of the four basic ukes and its strings are normally tuned quite lower than those of the soprano ...
Music Trades (1922)
It is a mistake to maintain that any music house THE SUCCESSOR TO THE UKULELE IS THE SLINGERLAND TENOR BANJO Prepare Now to Meet the Demand The TENOR BANJO is a real musical instrument and is as easy to play as the ...
Creative musical experiences (2006)
by Robert Smith
Background Sadly, the ukulele is a highly underrated yet incredibly versatile and effective instrument for accompanying music. It has its ancestry in the smaller Portuguese tenor guitar, and was adopted and adapted by Hawaiian musicians.
The ukulele is a small guitar developed in Hawaii during the 19th century from the Portuguese cavaquinho. It has four strings that are plucked or strummed, while the pitch of the notes is changed by fretting the strings at the neck. Different sizes ...
Gas Review (1915)
The ukulele is a small guitar which has been used for many years in the Hawaiian ...
Jack London and Hawaii (1918)
by Charmian London
The ukulele is the sweetest thing in the world — that petite guitar-shape, with its four slender strings, that seems a part of the native ...
Understanding Ukulele Chords (2004)
by Robbert Van Renesse
The ukulele is a wonderfully versatile, small, and easy to play nut - instrument. Like a guitar, it is very well suited to chord accompaniment, but as there are only four strings, the ukulele is much easier to master than a guitar. The Fretboard If you ...
Llewellyn's Complete Book Series by Michael Lennox
Ukulele: Any dream with a musical instrument may be a call to being more creatively expressive. However, a ukulele is a fairly obscure instrument, and the call here may be to explore something that is off the beaten path or truly unique.
by Carr, Joe
The ukulele is a great choice for those who may feel challenged by other stringed instruments. Almost immediately, the beginner can start strumming and have fun making music. The music and instruction here are designed for those with little ...
The Iowa Alumnus (1915)
0F FINE OLD NATIVEKA0W00D "' TH: Ukulele is the most popular instrument of the day. Played by College Men everywhere. No dance or promenade can be up-to-date without its characteristic music.
by Julia Cresswell
The ukulele is a development of a Portuguese instrument called the machete that ...
The History, Technique, and Appreciation of Music, Together with Lives of the Great Composers, for Music-lovers, Students and Teachers by Arthur Elson
The Hawaiian ukulele is a small instrument of guitar-like shape and tone quality. The mandolin comes in several forms, but the most usual one has four pairs of strings, tuned like the violin strings. The lowest pair are catgut covered with silver ...
The Mid-Pacific Magazine (1915)
The Ukulele is the Hawaiian musical instrument that has become known the world over. The real Hawaiian ukulele is manufactured by Jonah Kumalae at 1719 Liliha Street, phone 2384-. Here a force of Hawaiian workmen who know and love ...
Ukulele Chord Encyclopedia (2013)
Since your ukulele has only four strings, you can play only three- or four-note voicings, but it is not uncommon to omit the root from a voicing. In this book,a rootless voicing is indicated with a single asterisk (*) to the right of the chord diagram.
by PM Ryan
density ukarere ukulele uki olden times ukiuki full-timework, continuity uku(-a) wash, clay soap ūkui(-a) wipe, tea-towel, erase ukupapa all U ...
by Vijaya Kumar
CORRECT WORD ubiquity ukulele ulceration ulterior ultimatum umbilical umpire undoubtin g undulatory unevenness unforgettable unforgivable unguent unison universal unleash unmistakably unsuitable unveil unwieldy unwrap unyielding ...
History, Language, Literature, Biography, Geography, Travel, Art, Government, Politics, Industry, Invention, Commerce, Science, Education, Natural History, Statistics and Miscellany : a Practical Handbook of Ready Reference Based Upon Everyday Needs
ukulele, do-kob-ld'-la. ultimatum, Hl-tl-md'-tum. umbrella, um-brll'-a. undersigned, Hn-derslnd'. uninterested, ...
by Noah Webster
Russian imperial ukulele (ö-kö-lä-le), п .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ukulele
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ukulele
Click on an item to view that photo:
Alien Bees on 1/16 thru umbrella camera right, FL36 thru umrella camera back left
Photo credit: William Bigelis
Photo credit: iambuggo
Photo credit: andrewmalone
Photo credit: johl
Photo credit: xordroyd
Photo credit: memespring
Photo credit: Simon Scarfe
Photo credit: Alberto
Photo credit: Chris Yarzab
Photo credit: texasfeel
- Watermelon Ukulele
Photo credit: Commodore Gandalf Cunningham
- Make your own Ukulele from notedco.com
Photo credit: dullhunk
Taken in a shop in Nashville, Indiana.
Dark, but okay!
Photo credit: sarahstierch
- Bass Ukulele
Close up of Bass Ukulele by Harmony
Photo credit: Slack pics
- Ukulele girl
Photo credit: gaelx
- Ukulele girl
Photo credit: gaelx
- Ukulele concert
Project 365 - 349
You know a graduation party is in full swing when the ukuleles come out!
Photo credit: JuditK
- Waikiki Ukulele Display
Ukulele display near Waikiki Beach, Hawaii.
Photo credit: HighRankingOfficial
- Ukulele Club Christmas
Have a very Hipster Christmas
Photo credit: Simon Scarfe
- Coffee and Ukulele
Photo credit: banjo d
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Ukulele
Click on an item to play that video:
- New Slang Ukulele Cover
- Ukulele Meaning
Video shows what ukulele means. A small four-stringed guitar.. Ukulele Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ukulele. Powered by ...
- New Slang (Season of the Ukulele 83)
Season of the Ukulele 83 "Let's get emotional" Ukulele Underground New Slang - The Shins | Saito Glockenspiel | Covered Bridge concert ukulele | vocals ...
- Ukulele slang
- Cover of The Shins : New Slang on Ukulele
Folky clawhammer style cover of The Shins song "New Slang"
- Ukulele sur The Shins - New Slang
- The Shins - New Slang, ukulele cover.
- American Slang acoustic (The Gaslight Anthem) ukulele cover
Cover of the acoustic version from The B Sides.
- New Slang - The Shins ukulele
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow verse explanation - Ukulele
- The Galaxy Song (Monty Python's Meaning Of Life) Ukulele Cover
- Mucus Vs. Jargon Ukulele battle
- The Shins "New Slang" Ukulele Cover
- American Slang (The Gaslight Anthem) ukulele cover
- The Shins "New Slang" cover on ukulele
- New Slang Ukulele Cover
- UKULELE the meaning of travel
- John Mayer - "Love Is A Verb" (Ukulele Cover)
Ukulele Manila Ambassador Ian Oliveros doing a sweet cover of John Mayer's "Love Is A Verb" at the Ukulele Manila Meet Strum Jam|Bar Tour April 2 2013 ...
- Ukulele Mandi sings "The Longest Word in the Dictionary"
Mandi heard her 13 year old brother talking about the longest word in the dictionary. She learned to say the word and then wrote a song about it. Olivia is ...
- Kanilea Ukulele bridge description
Bill production manager from Kanilea Ukulele recently paid a visist to Hilo Guitars and Ukuleles and gave us some insight on the construction of Kanilea ...
- Andrew Jackson-Jihad Brave As A Noun Ukulele Cover
Andrew Jackson-Jihad Brave As A Noun Ukulele Cover.
- Brave as a Noun ukulele cover
Quotes about Ukulele
Scrabble value of U1K5U1L1E1L1E1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ukulele to see it in context!