Unable appears in the following tongue twister:
- I know a boy named Tate
who dined with his girl at eight eight.
I'm unable to state what Tate ate at eight eight
or what Tate's tête à tête ate at eight eight.
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective unable
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Unable
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Unable
- Photos about Unable
- Video language resources about Unable
- Quotes about Unable
- Scrabble value of U1N1A1B3L1E1
- Anagrams of UNABLE
- Share this page
Unable is sometimes a misspelling of enable.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective unable
What does unable mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- (usually followed by `to') not having the necessary means or skill or know-how
- (usually followed by `to') lacking necessary physical or mental ability
- examples: dyslexics are unable to learn to read adequately | the sun was unable to melt enough snow
- adjective position: predicative adjective (it occurs after a verb that follows the noun)
- similar: incapable
- lacking in power or forcefulness
Alternative definition of the adjective unable
- Not able; lacking a certain ability.
- antonym: able
- "Unable" is a musical album of Cane.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Unable" is a composition.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Unable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Mongolian-English Dictionary (2013)
by Ferdinand D Lessing
To have no strength or power; to exhaust; to be in need; to suffer; to be unable. ——n zobaxu. To suffer. ——xu du. At least. ——xu ygei. Not being unable; ——zu jabuxu. To suffer, be tormented. ary-a ——xu. To have exhausted all means; ...
by Peter L. Hahn
But the British proved unable to govern effectively given the mounting tension and outbursts of violence between Jews and Arabs and the determination of both groups to challenge British influence. The modern Arab—Israeli conflict erupted ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Unable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Unable
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: benjaflynn
- Nieve a porrillo / unable to translate
Photo credit: MSECO
- Currently unable to tell up from down.
Around 3000 meters above sea level surrounded by the wind and snow. It got a little confusing.
Photo credit: Ralph-Thompson
- T unable to pose for a nice photo
Photo credit: Sara Athari
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Unable
Click on an item to play that video:
- Unable Meaning
Video shows what unable means. Not able; lacking a certain ability.. Unable Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say unable.
- Circuit City was unable to find a buyer, meaning all of its stores will be forced to close. Circuit
HEADLINE: Money Minute: Circuit City to close --------------------------------------- CAPTION: Circuit City was unable to find a buyer, meaning all of its stores will be ...
- Tutorial: Unable to Save Item Definition Tibia Auto
- "Unable to create image :(" Bug Explanation
- ORIGIN LANGUAGE SETTINGS - Unable to change to English
Origin Application: Unable to change the language to English and it's website. If EA games or the makers of Origin are listening, then please update and change ...
- Halo 2A :: Unable to add name and description when saving as new
- Unable to Read Social Body Language
- IFace302 Unable to change System Language
- Unable to change youtube mail language :(
See also the pronunciation examples of Unable!
Quotes about Unable
Unable to do
he became able to do,
unable to do again,
able to do again
and unable to do again.
He was unpotentialized,
Someone said it was the honey. (Douglas Scotney)
more quotes about unable...
Scrabble value of U1N1A1B3L1E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of UNABLE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Unable!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Unable to see it in context!