On this page:
- Definition of the adjective uneducated
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for uneducated
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for uneducated
- Photos about uneducated
- Video language resources about uneducated
- Quotes about uneducated
- Scrabble value of U1N1E1D2U1C3A1T1E1D2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective uneducated
What does uneducated mean as an attribute of a noun?
- not having a good education
- examples: On one occasion Aristotle was asked how much educated men were superior to those uneducated: "As much," said he, "as the living are to the dead." | It is simplicity that makes the uneducated more effective than the educated when addressing popular audiences. | By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, journalism keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community. | People that think and speak only about themselves are hopelessly uneducated.
- antonym: educated
- similar: ignorant / illiterate; ignorant / nescient / unlearned / unlettered; undereducated; unschooled / untaught / untutored; unstudied
- see also: noncivilised / noncivilized; innumerate; unenlightened; uninformed; illiterate
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for uneducated
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Dimwit's Dictionary (2006)
More Than 5,000 Overused Words and Phrases and Alternatives to Them by Robert Hartwell Fiske, Joseph Epstein
Abuses of language abound, especially among those who speak and write uneducated English.
still maintain standards of speech and observe distinctions between words, the uneducated, like some juggernaut, massacre and obliterate.
Ponapean-English Dictionary (1979)
by Kenneth L. Rehg, Damian G. Sohl
uncivilized, uneducated, uncultured: rotorot. uncle uncle, of the same clan: ullap. uncomfortable uncomfortable, causing minor discomfort: lokalok unconcerned: soukautih. sounsenoh. unconcerned about imposing on others: salamalam.
by Junius P. Rodriguez
®uneducated. labor is comparatively unprofitable labor. ̄ Mann concluded with a forceful moral attack against slavery, maintaining that. ®all. the noblest instincts of human nature rebel against it. ̄ During this first session in Congress, Mann ...
by Smith Timothy
levere rather lewd, lewed uneducated unlettered, or ignorant lewed man uneducated man, layman lewednesse ignorance leyser leisure licenciat licensed to hear confessions lief beloved; or archaic is ready/ willing lif, lyf life ligeance ...
Communication from Ancient Times to the Information Age by Theresa Enos
The factthat educated peopleuse adifferent kindof English fromthat usedby uneducated peoplecan easily be discovered by listening.The educated person willsay, for example, ...
by T.J. Carty
Michael Evelyn UNDERWOOD, MILES John Glassco AN UNEDUCATED MAN Thomas Flindell AN UNEDUCATED YOUTH John Jones AN UNFEIGNED ADMIRER OF GENUINE BRITISH JURISPRUDENCE Henry Constantine Jennings ...
With Exercises and Vocabulary by Geo P. Taylor
Though the educated Gujaratls all employ the Standard form of the language, of the uneducated, and these constitute by far the majoiity of the people, very few indeed speak it in its purity. The Gamadia, or Gramya, is a general name for the ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
and remain an utterly illiterate, uneducated person- Ruskin) but when directly applied to a person it usually implies inability to read or write (illiterate in the sense that they could not read or write, or...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for uneducated
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about uneducated
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Postmemes.com
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about uneducated
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of uneducated!
Quotes about uneducated
Scrabble value of U1N1E1D2U1C3A1T1E1D2
The value of this 10-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine