The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Comparison of usage frequency between the adjective unfair and its most common antonym:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective unfair
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Unfair
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Unfair
- Photos about Unfair
- Video language resources about Unfair
- Quotes about Unfair
- Scrabble value of U1N1F4A1I1R1
- Anagrams of UNFAIR
- Share this page
The word unfair is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective unfair
What does unfair mean as an attribute of a noun?
Unfair is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: more unfair / unfairer | most unfair / unfairest
- not fair; marked by injustice or partiality or deception
- examples: used unfair methods | it was an unfair trial | took an unfair advantage
- synonym of unfair: unjust
- antonym of unfair: fair
- similar: below the belt; cheating / dirty / foul / unsporting / unsportsmanlike; raw
- attribute: fairness / equity = conformity with rules or standards
- see also: unjust; partial
Alternative definition of the adjective unfair
Unfair is an action Japanese television drama with 11 episodes and one TV special, aired in Japan in 2006 on Fuji-TV, and followed by a movie Unfair: The Movie in 2007 with the same cast.
- begun on and completed on
- 11 episodes of 60 minutes each
- country: Japan
- created by Kansai Telecasting Corporation
- regular cast:
- Mari Hamada as Anna Hasumi between and (2 months)
- Masaya Kato as Kaoru Mikami between and (2 months)
- Sadao Abe as Yuji Kokubo between and (2 months)
- Teruyuki Kagawa as Kazuo Sato
- Ryoko Shinohara as Natsumi Yukihira between and (2 months)
- Susumu Terajima as Tetsuo Yamaji between and (2 months)
- Eita as Kazuyuki Ando between and (2 months)
- Mao Kobayashi as Ri'eko Matsumoto between and (2 months)
- Kotaro Shiga as Masahiro Yasumoto between and (2 months)
- Mion Mukaichi as Mio Sato between and (2 months)
- Tae Kimura as Kiyoko Makimura between and (2 months)
- Jun Inoue as Ryuichiro Kurume between and (2 months)
- genres: Japanese television drama, Drama, Mystery
- official website: www.ktv.jp/unfair
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Unfair
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jonathan Law
unfair. contract. terms. Contractual terms relatingto the exclusion or restriction ofa person's liability that, undertheUnfair Contract Terms Act1977and UnfairTerms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, are either ineffective or effective only ...
by François Collart Dutilleul, Jean-Philippe Bugnicourt
Unfair. Competition. In a market economy system based on the law of supply and demand, any economic operator may provide goods and services as they see fit because no one has an exclusive right to customers. This freedom still finds its ...
by David Mellinkoff
unfair competition 1. an umbrella for an almost infinite variety of acts that go beyond the flexible limits of competition that is fair (E1868) in a free enterprise system. Typical are ...
A Corpus-based Analysis of the Complementation Patterns of English Verbs, Nouns, and Adjectives by Thomas Herbst
unfair adjective P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 attr In the ancient Games the judges had canes to beat ...
by René David
Unfair competition is not covered by only one particular tort. While the tort of passing off is historically the most important, there are numerous other torts which have been applied in remedying damage to business interests: trespass to property, ...
unfair, untrue, or misleading advertising likely to lead the consumer to believe that certain goods are associated with another manufacturer. 2. imitating a competitor's product, package, or trademark in circumstances where the consumer ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Unfair
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Unfair
Click on an item to view that photo:
A simple "no", ruins a childs day.
Photo credit: Runar Pedersen Holkestad
Photo credit: Tim Green aka atoach
Photo credit: DoctorButtsMD
Photo credit: trix0r
- Unfair prices - Aneeka
The differences in the price (unfair)
Photo credit: nist6ss
Photo credit: aylamillerntor
- Unfair treatment
Photo credit: ami2amity
- Unfair advantage under-utilized
Photo credit: Lars Plougmann
- Unfair Sacrifices
Children have to miss school to fill water and walk in the scorching sun. They carry 3 to 4 pots of water on a bicycle and mostly have to push it as the weight is too heavy to cycle.
Photo credit: Milaap.org
- Unfair Shelters IAN
Photo credit: nist6ss
- Unfair on Welfare
The UK Crimestoppers organisation is launching a new campaign supposedly against benefit fraud, complete with a poster of angry screaming people ('the public') and the caption 'WEL-UN-FARE - dont let benefit fraud make you mad.'
The poster is excessive inflammatory and will encourage further prejudice, abuse and even violence towards welfare claimants in particular the sick and disabled. Despite what some may believe, the ongoing blitz by both the media and politicians against benefit fraud is a transparent attack on all claimants and an attempt to poison public opinion against all. The purpose of this is to help ease punishing and harmfull welfare so-called 'reforms' through with minimal opposition. These reforms are nothing more than mean spitefull and unnecassary cuts to already low benefit payments. And this from a government led by the multi-millionaire Prime Minister who claimed some of these very same benefits for his disabled son.
Furthermore - the proof of the real motives behind this false campaign against benefit fraud, is revealed by the sheer scale of the effort being put into a problem which causes the loss of a mere fraction of money compared to what tax evasion and aviodance costs us all. Do you see such a vigorous campaign being waged across the media and government against the latter? NO.
Photo credit: Byzantine_K
- An unfair fight
Photographed by Stefan Rieg
Photo credit: Lars Plougmann
- Unfair Way Of Living By Jump
Photo credit: nist6ss
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Unfair
Click on an item to play that video:
- Unfair Meaning
Video shows what unfair means. Not fair, unjust.. Unfair Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say unfair. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- UNFAIR MARIO Definition: W.T.F.
- This is the meaning of 'unfair'
- Puppet Team and Unfair Match-Up Explanation
- UNFAIR MARIO FAIL-THIS VIDEO IS THE DEFINITION OF FAIL
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = unfair terms of contract
- CaveyLaw - Long Term Disability Unfair Language 1
- CaveyLaw - Long Term Disability Unfair Language 7
- CaveyLaw - Long Term Disability Unfair Language 5
- CaveyLaw - Long Term Disability Unfair Language 6
- CaveyLaw - Long Term Disability Unfair Language 2
- CaveyLaw - Long Term Disability Unfair Language 4
- Unfair Mario #2| Load of Butts *DESCRIPTION*
- UNFAIR MARIO - Pas de commantaires - lire la description
- AJ unfair mario DESCRIPTION
- Unfair Mario!! - LEVEL 2 TERAKHIR!! Liat Description
View more videos about Unfair Competition.
See also the pronunciation examples of Unfair!
Quotes about Unfair
Scrabble value of U1N1F4A1I1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine