- Valeria a.k.a. Valeriya is a stage name of Alla Yurievna Perfilova, a Russian singer.
- read more about Valeriya
- Valeria a.k.a. Valeria Golino is an Italian actress and director. She is best known to English language audiences for the 1988 film Rain Man, and the Hot Shots! films. In addition to David di Donatello, Silver Ribbon, Golden Ciak and Italian Golden Globe awards, she also won a Best Actress award at the Venice Film Festival.
- read more about Valeria Golino (actress)
- Valeria was the fifth wife of Roman dictator Lucius Cornelius Sulla. She was the daughter of Marcus Valerius Messalla Niger and a sister of the consul of 53 BC, Marcus Valerius Messalla Rufus.
- also known as Valeria Messala
- Marriage with Sulla until 0077 B.C.
- Valeria a.k.a. Valeria Andrews, better known as Valeria, is an Australian dance pop singer-songwriter and actress, best known for her role in the film Just Married. She released her debut album, titled Freshly Squeezed in February 2009 on iTunes, Amazon MP3, and Rhapsody, among others.
- read more about Valeria Andrews
- Valeria a.k.a. Katerina Stehlikova is a pornographic actress.
- read more about Katerina Stehlikova
Valeria is a musical group.
- album: "Loneliness"
- Valeria is a pirate and adventuress in the fictional universe of Robert E. Howard's Conan the Barbarian stories. She appears in Robert E. Howard's Conan novella Red Nails, serialized in Weird Tales 28 1-3. This was the last Conan story written by Howard, and published posthumously. The name was also used for Conan's love interest in the 1982 film Conan the Barbarian.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the 1998 film Those Who Love.
- Valeria is a fictional character in the 2011 Action/Adventure film Conan the Barbarian.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Student.
- Valeria is a fictional character from El Barco.
There are other characters with Valeria in their name, like Valeria Messalina.
- "Valeria" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Markku Impiö
- "Valeria" is a 1965 chamber music composition by Tōru Takemitsu, recomposed from an earlier work, "Sonant".
Valeria is a city in Jasper County, Iowa, United States. The population was 57 at the 2010 census.
- also known as Valeria, Iowa; Jasper County / Valeria city
- part of Jasper County, Iowa, United States of America
- Valeria: The Gens Valeria was a patrician family at Rome, which later included a number of plebeian branches. The Valeria gens was one of the most ancient and most celebrated at Rome; and no other Roman gens was distinguished for so long a period, although a few others, such as the Cornelia gens, produced a greater number of illustrious men. Publius Valerius, afterwards surnamed Poplicola or Publicola, played a distinguished part in the story of the expulsion of the Kings, and was elected consul in the first year of the Republic, BC 509. From this time forward, down to the latest period of the Empire, for nearly a thousand years, the name Valerius occurs more or less frequently in the Fasti, and it was borne by the emperors Maximinus, Maximianus, Maxentius, Diocletian, Constantius, Constantine the Great, and others.
- also known as Valerius
- Valeria is a Miami, Florida-based Spanish language telenovela produced by Venevisión Productions. The telenovela began airing on Univision on March 10, 2009 at the 2pm/1c timeslot.
- Valeria was a name used in ancient Rome for women of the gens Valeria.
- Valeria is a genus of moths of the Noctuidae family.
- Valeria: In the Lensman universe, Valeria is a Terran colony planet settled by the Dutch. The planet's gravity is nearly three times that of Earth, and the people of Valeria have, over the centuries, become large, brawny, and strong. The Galactic Patrol often employs Valerians as marines and shock troops.
Phrases with Valeria
- Planes Valeria
- Catocala Valeria
- Therasia Valeria
- Volucella Valeria
- Celastrina Valeria
- Copestylum Valeria
- Melaloncha Valeria
- Chalcosyrphus Valeria
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Valeria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
To which are Added Copious Exercising in Parsing, and False Syntax for Correction : Designed for the Use of Schools and Private Learners by Elijah A. Burns
Valeria is a proper noun, of the feminine gender, third person, singular number, in the objective case, governed by the preposition to; according to Rule 9. Prepositions govern the objective case. Reasons for the positions taken in parsing ...
A World of Lost Innocence (2012)
The Fiction of Elizabeth Bowen by Nicola Darwood
Valeria is a young woman who continues to live in a childish world...
by John Douglas Cook, Philip Harwood, Frank Harris, Walter Herries Pollock, Harold Hodge
Valeria is a commonplace novel, just as we should say that a man of 5 ft.
The Month (1897)
An Illustrated Magazine of Literature, Science and Art
Valeria is a girl of good family not ...
by Julius Sophus Felix Dahn
" " Valeria is a Roman." " Yes, but these enemies are the most ferocious barbarians. For it is Huns, Massagetae, Scythians, Avari, S (Slavonians, and Saracens ...
A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby by Laura Wattenberg
but Valeria is a graceful international favorite.
by Sir Sidney Lee
Very artistically are the other female characters of the tragedy, Coriolanus' wife, Virgilia, and Virgilia's friend Valeria, presented as Volumnia's foils. Valeria is a high-spirited and honourable lady of ...
Along the Skunk valley near Valeria is a low terrace which belongs to the second class. ECONOMIC PRODUCTS. Coal. Polk county is one of the largest coal- producing counties in the state. In 1893 it stood second to Mahaska alone, but since ...
It is called Valeria — the heroine's other name being considered too strong to figure on a play-bill. Rachel plays the two characters of Massalina and the courtezan — of course with the most perfect success.
Valeria's Last Stand (2009)
by Marc Fitten
“Valeria is a good woman ...
by Ted Briscoe, Ann Copestake, Valeria de Paiva
Ted Briscoe, Ann Copestake, Valeria de Paiva. CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS Cambridge, New York, Melbourne, Madrid, Cape Town, Singapore, Sao Paulo Cambridge University Press The Edinburgh Building, Cambridge CB2 2RU, UK ...
by Matthew Bunson, Stephen Bunson
Valeria > See Zenais, Cyria, Valeria, and Mar- cia (June 5). Valeria (date unknown) > Maiden converted to Christianity by ...
by Sabine Haenni, Sarah Barrow, John White
Goya Toledo (Valeria), Emilio Echeverría ...
by J. S. Forsyth
VALERIA'NA Us'unca. The systematic name of the Celtic nard. Nardui Cellica. Celtic nard. Valeriamz Cellica, of Linnaeus. The root of this plant, anatire of the Alps, has been recommended as a swmochic, carminatire, and diuretic. At present it ...
by Adolf Berger
Lex Valeria de provocations.
An Archæological Dictionary; or, Classical Antiquities of the Jews, Greeks, and Romans alphabetically arranged (1793)
by Rev. Thomas WILSON (of Clitheroe.)
,-*- Valeria Horatio, ...
by Thomas W. Sheehan
Valeria (variant) See Valerie. Valeriane (French double) See Valerie+ Anne. Valerie "The Strong One" (Old French). Patron Saints: There are about a dozen Sts. Valeria from which to choose. One of them was the mother of Sts. Gervase and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Valeria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of V4A1L1E1R1I1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VALERIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Valeria!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Valeria to see it in context!