On this page:
- Definition of the noun Valeria
- Phrases with Valeria
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Valeria
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Valeria
- Photos about Valeria
- Videos about Valeria
- Sign language
- Scrabble value of V4A1L1E1R1I1A1
- Anagrams of VALERIA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Valeria
What does Valeria mean as a name of something?
Valeria is a genus of Scrophulariaceae, described by Minod in 1918.
- synonym: genus Valeria
- kingdom: Plantae
- phylum: Magnoliophyta
- class: Magnoliopsida
- order: Lamiales
- family: Scrophulariaceae
- species Valeria trifoliata
Valeria is a genus of Acritarcha, described by T.V. Jankauskas in 1982.
- synonym: genus Valeria
- kingdom: Protozoa
- phylum: Acritarcha
Valeria is a genus of Bryozoa, described by Gistl in 1847.
Valeria is a genus of Pieridae, described by Horsfield in 1829.
- synonyms: genus Valeria / Valleria / genus Valleria
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Lepidoptera
- family: Pieridae
- species Valeria aeboja
- species Valeria aitola
- species Valeria anais
- species Valeria argolina
- species Valeria argolis
- species Valeria ariamena
- species Valeria arsamota
- species Valeria aureivena
- species Valeria austrosundana
- species Valeria aviena
- species Valeria bargylia
- species Valeria baweanica
- species Valeria bazilana
- species Valeria bicolor
- species Valeria bilinearis
- species Valeria boebera
- species Valeria caecinia
- species Valeria calliparga
- species Valeria ceylanica
- species Valeria chinki
- species Valeria chrysides
- species Valeria compacta
- species Valeria elaitia
- species Valeria elsa
- species Valeria euplexina
- species Valeria exanthema
- species Valeria flava
- species Valeria fraterna
- species Valeria gaea
- species Valeria gea
- species Valeria gulussa
- species Valeria hainanensis
- species Valeria hemara
- species Valeria hermocinia
- species Valeria hippia
- species Valeria jaspidea
- species Valeria jobaea
- species Valeria joboana
- species Valeria juventina
- species Valeria kangeana
- species Valeria leona
- species Valeria lilacina
- species Valeria livilla
- species Valeria luceria
- species Valeria lutea
- species Valeria lutescens
- species Valeria mamestrina
- species Valeria mieshani
- species Valeria murina
- species Valeria muscosula
- species Valeria naraka
- species Valeria niasica
- species Valeria nigrescens
- species Valeria nishiyamaii
- species Valeria obiana
- species Valeria octaviae
- species Valeria oleagina
- species Valeria olejaspidina
- species Valeria palawana
- species Valeria persides
- species Valeria persidina
- species Valeria phanzania
- species Valeria philomela
- species Valeria phocaea
- species Valeria photaca
- species Valeria pingasa
- species Valeria radenoides
- species Valeria sarasinorum
- species Valeria spiculifera
- species Valeria sulaensis
- species Valeria sumbawana
- species Valeria sundana
- species Valeria syriaca
- species Valeria torona
- species Valeria tricristata
- species Valeria trinobantes
- species Valeria tritaea
- species Valeria tryphena
- species Valeria valeria
- species Valeria viola
Valeria is a genus of Lepidoptera, described by Stephens in 1829.
Valeria is a kind of Noctuidae.
- class: Insecta
- Valeria a.k.a. Valeriya is a stage name of Alla Yurievna Perfilova, a Russian singer.
- read more about Valeriya
- Valeria a.k.a. Valeria Golino is an Italian actress and director. She is best known to English language audiences for the 1988 film Rain Man, and the Hot Shots! films. In addition to David di Donatello, Silver Ribbon, Golden Ciak and Italian Golden Globe awards, she also won a Best Actress award at the Venice Film Festival.
- read more about Valeria Golino (actress)
- Valeria a.k.a. Valeria Andrews, better known as Valeria, is an Australian dance pop singer-songwriter and actress, best known for her role in the film Just Married. She released her debut album, titled Freshly Squeezed in February 2009 on iTunes, Amazon MP3, and Rhapsody, among others.
- read more about Valeria Andrews
- Valeria was the fifth wife of Roman dictator Lucius Cornelius Sulla. She was the daughter of Marcus Valerius Messalla Niger and a sister of the consul of 53 BC, Marcus Valerius Messalla Rufus.
- also known as Valeria Messala
- Marriage with Sulla until 0077 B.C.
- Valeria a.k.a. Katerina Stehlikova is a pornographic actress.
- read more about Katerina Stehlikova
- Valeria is the daughter of Ekaterina Volkova.
Valeria is a musical group.
- album: "Loneliness"
- Valeria is a pirate and adventuress in the fictional universe of Robert E. Howard's Conan the Barbarian stories. She appears in Robert E. Howard's Conan novella Red Nails, serialized in Weird Tales 28 1-3. This was the last Conan story written by Howard, and published posthumously. The name was also used for Conan's love interest in the 1982 film Conan the Barbarian.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the 1998 film Those Who Love.
- Valeria is a fictional character in the 2011 Action/Adventure film Conan the Barbarian.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the 1982 film I Know That You Know That I Know.
- Valeria is a fictional film character.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the tv program Wild Arms: Twilight Venom.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the 2011 comedy film The Salt of Life.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the 2008 film Tell Me About Love.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the 1982 film The Girl from Trieste.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the 1957 film The Most Wonderful Moment.
- Valeria is a fictional character from the 2011 film The Student.
- Valeria is a fictional character from El Barco.
- "Valeria" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Markku Impiö
- "Valeria" is a 1965 chamber music composition by Tōru Takemitsu, recomposed from an earlier work, "Sonant".
- "Valeria" is a composition.
- music by Tōru Takemitsu
Valeria is a city in Jasper County, Iowa, United States. The population was 57 at the 2010 census.
- also known as Valeria, Iowa; Jasper County / Valeria city
- part of Jasper County, Iowa, United States of America
- Valeria: The Gens Valeria was a patrician family at Rome, which later included a number of plebeian branches. The Valeria gens was one of the most ancient and most celebrated at Rome; and no other Roman gens was distinguished for so long a period, although a few others, such as the Cornelia gens, produced a greater number of illustrious men. Publius Valerius, afterwards surnamed Poplicola or Publicola, played a distinguished part in the story of the expulsion of the Kings, and was elected consul in the first year of the Republic, BC 509. From this time forward, down to the latest period of the Empire, for nearly a thousand years, the name Valerius occurs more or less frequently in the Fasti, and it was borne by the emperors Maximinus, Maximianus, Maxentius, Diocletian, Constantius, Constantine the Great, and others.
- also known as Valerius
- Valeria is a Miami, Florida-based Spanish language telenovela produced by Venevisión Productions. The telenovela began airing on Univision on March 10, 2009 at the 2pm/1c timeslot.
- Valeria is a genus of moths of the Noctuidae family.
- Valeria was a name used in ancient Rome for women of the gens Valeria.
- Valeria: In the Lensman universe, Valeria is a Terran colony planet settled by the Dutch. The planet's gravity is nearly three times that of Earth, and the people of Valeria have, over the centuries, become large, brawny, and strong. The Galactic Patrol often employs Valerians as marines and shock troops.
Phrases with Valeria
Phrases starting with the word Valeria:
- Valeria Gea
- Valeria Elsa
- Valeria Gaea
- Valeria Anais
- Valeria Flava
- Valeria Leona
- Valeria Lutea
- Valeria Viola
- Valeria Aeboja
- Valeria Aitola
- Valeria Aviena
- Valeria Chinki
- Valeria Hemara
- Valeria Hippia
- Valeria Jobaea
- Valeria Murina
- Valeria Naraka
Phrases ending with the word Valeria:
View more phrases with the word Valeria in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Valeria
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A World of Lost Innocence (2012)
The Fiction of Elizabeth Bowen by Nicola Darwood
Valeria is a young woman who continues to live in a childish world...
To which are Added Copious Exercising in Parsing, and False Syntax for Correction : Designed for the Use of Schools and Private Learners by Elijah A. Burns
Valeria is a proper noun, of the feminine gender, third person, singular number, in the objective case, governed by the preposition to; according to Rule 9. Prepositions govern the objective case. Reasons for the positions taken in parsing ...
by John Douglas Cook, Philip Harwood, Frank Harris, Walter Herries Pollock, Harold Hodge
Valeria is a commonplace novel, just as we should say that a man of 5 ft.
A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby by Laura Wattenberg
but Valeria is a graceful international favorite.
Valeria's Last Stand (2009)
by Marc Fitten
“Valeria is a good woman ...
The Taming of the Shrew (2011)
by William Shakespeare
Many of its characters have quite different names; for example, Petruchio is called Ferando, and Tranio is called Valeria. Katherine has two sisters, and there is no character equivalent to Gremio. Furthermore, there is very little resemblance ...
The Month (1897)
An Illustrated Magazine of Literature, Science and Art
Valeria is a girl of good family not ...
by Julius Sophus Felix Dahn
" " Valeria is a Roman." " Yes, but these enemies are the most ferocious barbarians. For it is Huns, Massagetae, Scythians, Avari, S (Slavonians, and Saracens ...
Along the Skunk valley near Valeria is a low terrace which belongs to the second class. ECONOMIC PRODUCTS. Coal. Polk county is one of the largest coal- producing counties in the state. In 1893 it stood second to Mahaska alone, but since ...
It is called Valeria — the heroine's other name being considered too strong to figure on a play-bill. Rachel plays the two characters of Massalina and the courtezan — of course with the most perfect success.
Lexicon universae rei numariae veterum et praecipue graecorum ac romanorum cum observationibus antiquariis geographicis ... edidit Io. Christophorus Rasche. Praefatus est Christ. Gottl. Heyne (1793)
mormora, Cain Valeria Diogene.
Being a Voluminous and Exhaustive Hand-book of Medical and Scientific Terminology, with Phonetic Pronunciation, Accentuation, Etymology, Etc by John Marie Keating
of the natural order Valerianacezr, comprising many species natives of Europe, America, India, etc. Also the name for the rhizome and rootlets of Valeriana oficinal'is, having stimulant and antispasmodic properties. Valeria'na. Oel'tica.
by Ted Briscoe, Ann Copestake, Valeria de Paiva
Ted Briscoe, Ann Copestake, Valeria de Paiva. CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS Cambridge, New York, Melbourne, Madrid, Cape Town, Singapore, Sao Paulo Cambridge University Press The Edinburgh Building, Cambridge CB2 2RU, UK ...
by Matthew Bunson, Margaret Bunson, Stephen Bunson
Valeria > See Zenais, Cyria, Valeria, and Mar- cia (June 5). Valeria (date unknown) > Maiden converted to Christianity by ...
by Sabine Haenni, Sarah Barrow, John White
Goya Toledo (Valeria), Emilio Echeverría ...
by J. S. Forsyth
VALERIA'NA Us'unca. The systematic name of the Celtic nard. Nardui Cellica. Celtic nard. Valeriamz Cellica, of Linnaeus. The root of this plant, anatire of the Alps, has been recommended as a swmochic, carminatire, and diuretic. At present it ...
by Adolf Berger
Lex Valeria de provocations.
An Archæological Dictionary; or, Classical Antiquities of the Jews, Greeks, and Romans alphabetically arranged (1793)
by Rev. Thomas WILSON (of Clitheroe.)
,-*- Valeria Horatio, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Valeria
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Valeria
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Valeria
Click on an item to play that video:
- Vocabulary Video Log Phonetic Vowel Sounds (Valeria Guerra)
- Valeria Todorova on the meaning of freedom.
- Valeria - Otpusti menya
Video of the song Otpusti menya by Valeria.
- Valeria Gastaldi - Cuando No Estas
Music video by Valeria Gastaldi performing Cuando No Estas. (C) 2007 Universal Music Latino.
- Valeria and Nikolay Baskov - Keeping Love
The official channel of Valeria...
Valeria Leone international sign language and tons of personality all in one!
Scrabble value of V4A1L1E1R1I1A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VALERIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Valeria!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Valeria to see it in context!