Definition of Vanda
What does Vanda mean?
- any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes
- more generic terms: orchid / orchidaceous plant = any of numerous plants of the orchid family usually having flowers of unusual shapes and beautiful colors
- more specific terms: Vanda caerulea / blue orchid = famous orchid of northern India having large pale to deep lilac-blue flowers
- member of: genus Vanda = genus of showy epiphytic orchids of Himalayas to Malaysia
Phrases with Vanda
Phrases starting with the word Vanda:
- vanda caerulea
- Vanda coerulea
- Vanda tricolor
Phrase ending with the word Vanda:
- genus vanda
Other phrases containing the word Vanda:
- species Vanda coerulea
- species Vanda tricolor
- Vanda a.k.a. Wanda Curtis is a Hungarian pornographic actress who entered the industry in around 1997.
- also known as Hajnalka Katalin Kovacs, wanda_curtis, Hajni, Hayni Hilford, Ajnalka Kovacs, Laura, Lisa, Annalisa Montezemolo, Najna, Wanda, Hayni C., Vanda Curtis, Hajni Kovacs, Angie, Judy, Hanji Kovacs, Annalisa Montezomolo
- born on (38 years ago) in Hungary
- ethnicity: Hungarian people
- nationality: Hungary
- profession: Pornographic actor
- Marriage with Herschel Savage since
- Vanda a.k.a. Judith Kostner is a pornographic actress.
- Vanda a.k.a. Ashley Bond is an actress.
- Vanda a.k.a. Vanda Hudson was an actress.
There are other people with Vanda in their name, like Vanda Lago, Harry Vanda, Vanda Barra, Vanda Dupre, Vanda Svarc, Vanda Duarte, Vanda Osiris, Vanda Arányi, Vanda Correia and many others.
Vanda a.k.a. VANDA. is a musical group, webpage.
- albums: "Unreleased", "Artichoque", "Why Do We Stare, Even When We Don't Want To?", "On the Tip of a Leaf"
- official website: www.vanda-music.de
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2002 film The Bubble.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2005 film Femeia visurilor.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2013 film Venus in Fur.
- Vanda, a widow is a fictional character from the film Past and Present.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2010 film The Two Deaths of Quincas Wateryell.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2007 film Um Ramo.
"Vanda" is a grand opera in five acts by Antonín Dvořák. The Czech libretto was written by Václav Beneš-Šumavský and František Zákrejs after a work by Julian Surzycki.
- language: Czech Language
- music by Antonín Dvořák
Vanda a.k.a. Wanda Language: Wanda is a Bantu language of Tanzania.
- also known as Wandia, Ichiwanda, Iciwanda, Kiwanda
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vanda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Orchids of Asia (2005)
by Eng-Soon Teoh
Genus: Vanda Vanda is the Sanskrit name given to the orchids of Bengal. Today, it is the...
by Vanda Symon
A former pharmacist, Vanda is heavily involved in the community, sitting on numerous committees, and hosts a monthly local radio showcalled 'Write On', focusing onwriters and the worldof books. Vanda is the author ofOverkill, published by ...
Antarctic Research: the Matthew Fontaine Maury Memorial Symposium (1962)
by Harry Wexler
Abstract — Lake Vanda is a perennially frozen lake which occupies an undrained bedrock basin in the Wright Valley, South Victoria Land, Antarctica. Elevated beaches, deltas, and lacustrine cliffs prove that it was once approximately 185 feet ...
Flora indica (1832)
or, Descriptions of Indian plants by William Roxburgh, Nathaniel Wallich
' Vanda is the Sanscrit ' name. Sir William Jones thought this the general term for all Parasitic plants.
Mountains of Madness (2001)
A Scientist's Odyssey in Antarctica by John Long, Tim Bowden
Lake Vanda is a stratified lake. The denser layers of salt and chemi- cal-rich waters at the bottom have a higher temperature due to the magnifying glass effect of the four-meter thick ice sheet over the top of the lake. During times of high ...
The "1900" supplement to the dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists (1901)
by George Nicholson
Vanda — continued. Fia. 745. Flower op Vanda Hookeuiana. V. Boxallii (Boxall'sl A name applied to varieties of V. cceruleaceiui and V. lamellata, V. brunnea ( brown), jl. olive-brown on the inner surface, about as large as those *>f V. concolor ...
Encyclopedia of House Plants (1999)
by Nico Vermeulen, Richard Rosenfeld
Vanda coerulea, particularly popular hecause of its hlue colour, has heen used for cross hreeding. Vanda x rothschildiana is a cross hetween coerulea and Vanda sanderia- na. Unfortunately these plants are not suitahle for the ordinary living ...
An Encyclopaedia of Gardening (1897)
A Dictionary of Cultivated Plants, Etc by Thomas William Saunders
Cowslip-scented Orchid ( Vanda furva) — see Vanda. Cowslip-scented Tulip ( Tulipa ilyensis)— see Tulipa. Crab's Byes (Abrus precatorius) — see Abrus. Crambe (Heart-leaved Colewort, Shrubby Colewort, Sea Cabbage, Seakale).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vanda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Vanda
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Vanda "Wild Cherry"
Vanda "Wild Cherry", Mai 2011
Creative Commons Licence BY 2.0
Quellenangabe / Credit:
Photo by Maja Dumat - flickr.com
Photo credit: blumenbiene
- Vanda Scartezini and Paul Twomey
Vanda Scartezini and Paul Twomey at dinner in Lisbon.
Photo credit: Joi
- Vanda Miss Joaquim
Parentage determination of Vanda Miss Joaquim (Orchidaceae) through two chloroplast genes rbcL and matK. AoB PLANTS 2011 doi: 10.1093/aobpla/plr018
Photo credit: AJC1
Scrabble value of V4A1N1D2A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VANDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Vanda!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Vanda to find many related words and phrases!