On this page:
- Definition of the noun vanda
- Phrases with Vanda
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vanda
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vanda
- Photos about Vanda
- Video language resources about Vanda
- Scrabble value of V4A1N1D2A1
- Anagrams of VANDA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun vanda
What does vanda mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: vandas
- any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- more generic terms: orchid / orchidaceous plant = any of numerous plants of the orchid family usually having flowers of unusual shapes and beautiful colors
- more specific terms: Vanda caerulea / blue orchid = famous orchid of northern India having large pale to deep lilac-blue flowers
- member of: genus Vanda = genus of showy epiphytic orchids of Himalayas to Malaysia
- Vanda a.k.a. Wanda Curtis is a Hungarian former pornographic actress who entered the industry in around 1997.
- read more about Wanda Curtis
- Vanda a.k.a. Judith Kostner is a pornographic actress.
- read more about Judith Kostner
- Vanda a.k.a. Ashley Bond is an actress.
- read more about Ashley Bond (actress)
- Vanda a.k.a. Vanda Hudson was an actress.
- read more about Vanda Hudson (actress)
Vanda a.k.a. VANDA. is a musical group, webpage.
- albums: "Unreleased", "Artichoque", "Why Do We Stare, Even When We Don't Want To?", "On the Tip of a Leaf"
- official website: www.vanda-music.de
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2002 film The Bubble.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2005 film Femeia visurilor.
- Vanda, a widow is a fictional character from the film Past and Present.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2010 film The Two Deaths of Quincas Wateryell.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 1989 film Kuarup.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2007 film A Stem.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 1973 film To Live on Love.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2013 film Venus in Fur.
- Vanda is a fictional film character.
"Vanda" is a grand opera in five acts by Antonín Dvořák. The Czech libretto was written by Václav Beneš-Šumavský and František Zákrejs after a work by Julian Surzycki.
- language: Czech Language
- music by Antonín Dvořák
Vanda a.k.a. Wanda Language: Wanda is a Bantu language of Tanzania.
- read more about Wanda Language
Phrases with Vanda
Phrases starting with the word Vanda:
- Vanda Storiei
- vanda caerulea
- Vanda coerulea
- Vanda Concolor
- Vanda Gigantea
- Vanda tricolor
- Vanda Undulata
- Vanda Bicaudata
- Vanda Batemannii
- Vanda Lindleyana
- Vanda Suaveolens
- Vanda Vietnamica
Phrases ending with the word Vanda:
- genus vanda
- Lethe Vanda
- Baccha Vanda
- Oeneis Vanda
- Kobrona Vanda
- Ocyptamus Vanda
- Gymnognathus Vanda
- Lethe Sinorix Vanda
View more phrases with the word Vanda in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vanda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Orchids of Asia (2005)
by Eng-Soon Teoh
Genus: Vanda Vanda is the Sanskrit name given to the orchids of Bengal. Today, it is the generic name of some 50 species which...
Vanda are monopodial orchids. A well grown strap-leaf Vanda is a majestic specimen, tall ...
Curtis's Botanical Magazine (1835)
* Vanda is the Hindoo name, according to Sir WILLIAM.
The Vanda is a most gorgeous genus of epiphytal orchids, found mostly in tropical Asia, The shape of the flowers, and the distinct markings of them, make them the most attractive epephytes in cultivation. One of the best, if not the very best, ...
The Orchid Whisperer (2012)
Expert Secrets for Growing Beautiful Orchids by Bruce Rogers
For example, if you live in southern Florida, a vanda is an outdoor growing orchid, but if you live in ...
by Peter Henderson
Vanda is the Sanscrit name of the original species of this genus ...
Polyglot Cinema (2010)
Migration and Transcultural Narration in France, Italy, Portugal and Spain by Verena Berger, Miya Komori
The fact that Vanda is the daughter of immigrants is not even directly acknowledged; on the ...
Baby Names Now (2002)
From Classic to Cool--The Very Last Word on First Names by Linda Rosenkrantz, Pamela Redmond Satran
VALDA, VANDA, and VARDA. Three names with different roots but a similar, occultish aura. Valda is from the German, meaning "the heroine of a battle," Vanda is a variant of Wanda, and Varda, which means "rose" in Hebrew, is widely used in ...
by Norman Taylor
Vanda is a native name, and the plants need a greenhouse kept at 70°-80°F. during the day and not below 60° at night. Ill. EASTERN ...
by Warwick F. Vincent
in Lake Vanda is the role of the benthic cyanobacterial mats. It is likely that there is a tight recycling of nutrients within these mixed assemblages of phototrophs and ...
by William Roxburgh
Vanda is the Sanscrit name. Sir William Jones thought this the general term for all Parasitic plants. Compare with Loranthus longiflorus, and also with falcatus. Willd. Teling. Yellinga-wodinaka (wodinaka means parasitical) .
A Practical and Scientific Encyclopaedia of Horticulture for Gardeners and Botanists by George Nicholson
Vanda — continued. Fia. 745. Flower op Vanda Hookeuiana. V. Boxallii (Boxall'sl A name applied to varieties of V. cceruleaceiui and V. lamellata, V. brunnea ( brown), jl. olive-brown on the inner surface, about as large as those *>f V. concolor ...
Encyclopedia of House Plants (1999)
by Nico Vermeulen, Richard Rosenfeld
Vanda coerulea, particularly popular hecause of its hlue colour, has heen used for cross hreeding. Vanda x rothschildiana is a cross hetween coerulea and Vanda sanderia- na. Unfortunately these plants are not suitahle for the ordinary living ...
A Practical and Scientific Encyclopedia of Horticulture for Gardeners and Botanists by George Nicholson
Vanda—continued. Vanda—continued. conical, acute. July.
by George Nicholson
Vanda—continued. V. Gowerae (Gower's). A garden name for V. undulam. V. Grlfllthll (Griffith's). 11. yellow, brown, and lilac, much mailer than those of V. criutala (which this species resembles); sepals linear-oblon , recurved; petals ecuminate ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vanda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Vanda
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Lion_Heart
Photo credit: alf.melin
Photo credit: r0sita
Photo credit: 陈霆, Ting Chen, Wing
Photo credit: Laurent_31
Photo credit: Laurent_31
Photo credit: byzantiumbooks
Photo credit: K_.
Photo credit: Beyond Forgetting
- APL VANDA
RWG Prinses Amaliahaven Maasvlakte 2
Photo credit: kees torn
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Vanda
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of V4A1N1D2A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VANDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Vanda!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Vanda to see it in context!