|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun vanda
What does vanda mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: vandas
- any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- more generic terms: orchid / orchidaceous plant = any of numerous plants of the orchid family usually having flowers of unusual shapes and beautiful colors
- more specific terms: Vanda caerulea / blue orchid = famous orchid of northern India having large pale to deep lilac-blue flowers
- member of: genus Vanda = genus of showy epiphytic orchids of Himalayas to Malaysia
- Vanda a.k.a. Wanda Curtis is a Hungarian former pornographic actress who entered the industry in around 1997.
- also known as Hajnalka Katalin Kovacs, wanda_curtis, Hajni, Hayni Hilford, Ajnalka Kovacs, Laura, Lisa, Annalisa Montezemolo, Najna, Wanda, Vanda Curtis, Annalisa Montezomolo, Hanji Kovacs, Angie, Judy, Hayni C., Hajni Kovacs
- born on (39 years ago) in Hungary
- ethnicity: Hungarians
- nationality: Hungary
- profession: Pornographic film actor
- Marriage with Herschel Savage since
- Vanda a.k.a. Judith Kostner is a pornographic actress.
- Vanda a.k.a. Ashley Bond is an actress.
- Vanda a.k.a. Vanda Hudson was an actress.
There are other people with Vanda in their name, like Vanda Lago, Harry Vanda, Vanda Barra, Vanda Boban, Vanda Dupre, Vanda Ninic, Vanda Pelly, Vanda Svarc, Vanda Arányi, Vanda Duarte and many others.
Vanda a.k.a. VANDA. is a musical group, webpage.
- albums: "Unreleased", "Artichoque", "Why Do We Stare, Even When We Don't Want To?", "On the Tip of a Leaf"
- official website: www.vanda-music.de
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2002 film The Bubble.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2005 film Femeia visurilor.
- Vanda, a widow is a fictional character from the film Past and Present.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2010 film The Two Deaths of Quincas Wateryell.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 1989 film Kuarup.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2007 film A Stem.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 1973 film To Live on Love.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2013 film Venus in Fur.
- Vanda is a fictional film character.
"Vanda" is a grand opera in five acts by Antonín Dvořák. The Czech libretto was written by Václav Beneš-Šumavský and František Zákrejs after a work by Julian Surzycki.
- language: Czech Language
- music by Antonín Dvořák
Vanda a.k.a. Wanda Language: Wanda is a Bantu language of Tanzania.
- also known as Wandia, Ichiwanda, Kiwanda, Iciwanda
Phrases with Vanda
Phrases starting with the word Vanda:
Phrases ending with the word Vanda:
Other phrases containing the word Vanda:
- species Vanda coerulea
- species Vanda tricolor
- Form Vanda Coerulea Delicata
- Form Vanda Coerulea Luwangalba
- Variety Vanda Coerulea Rogersii
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vanda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Orchids of Asia (2005)
by Eng-Soon Teoh
Genus: Vanda Vanda is the Sanskrit name given to the orchids of Bengal. Today, it is the generic name of some 50 species which...
Vanda are monopodial orchids. A well grown strap-leaf Vanda is a majestic specimen, tall ...
A True Story of Light and Darkness ; The Ill-omened Marriage, Other Tales & Poems ; and The Pilgrims of the Rhine by Edward Bulwer Lytton Baron Lytton
But Vanda is a Hero's child , The Mother of a Hero's land; ~ They saw not — when the Martyr smil'd , And, calm, resigned the plighted hand, — They saw not how, that smile below , Realms fairer than Sarmatia lay , " “Raum ist in der kleinsten ...
Comprising the Names, History, and Culture of All Plants Known in Britain; with a Full Explanation of Technical Terms. New Ed. Including All the New Plants Up to the Present Year by Sir Joseph Paxton
Vanda is the Sanscrit name ...
Curtis's Botanical Magazine (1835)
* Vanda is the Hindoo name, according to Sir WILLIAM.
Pharmacographia Indica (1893)
by William Dymock
Vanda is a general name in Sanskrit and the vernaculars for parasitic plants ; other ♢Sanskrit names for these plants are Vrikshadani and Vrikshartiha " growing on trees." They are further distinguished by the addition of the names of the tree ...
Fathers, Adolescent Daughters, and Postwar American Culture by Rachel Devlin
Paul Vanda is a self-confessed failure as a father ...
The Phytologist (1851)
A Popular Botanical Miscellany by George Luxford, Edward Newman
Vanda is a genus of orchidaceous plants, with noble evergreen foliage, fine vigorous habit, and splendid fragrant blossoms. ' On the Construction and Uses of Hygrometers ; by E. J. Lowe, Esq., F.R.A.S., &c.' ' Pomegranates in Beloochistan ...
by Peter Henderson
Vanda is the Sanscrit name of the ' original species of ...
by William Roxburgh, William Carey
Vanda is the Sanscrit name. Sir William Jones thought this the general term for all Parasitic plants. Compare with Loranthus longiflorus, and also with falcatus. Willd . Bd oLet /HA C <5U Teling. Yellinga-wodinaka (-wotlinaka means parasitical.) ...
The Vanda is a most gorgeous genus of epiphytal orchids, found mostly in tropical Asia, The shape of the flowers, and the distinct markings of them, make them the most attractive epephytes in cultivation. One of the best, if not the very best, ...
The Orchid Whisperer (2012)
Expert Secrets for Growing Beautiful Orchids by Bruce Rogers
For example, if you live in southern Florida, a vanda is an outdoor growing orchid, but if you live in ...
Polyglot Cinema (2010)
Migration and Transcultural Narration in France, Italy, Portugal and Spain by Verena Berger, Miya Komori
The fact that Vanda is the daughter of immigrants is not even directly acknowledged; on the ...
Mountains of Madness: (2001)
A Scientist's Odyssey in Antarctica by Tim Bowden, John Long
Lake Vanda is a stratified lake. The denser layers of salt and chemical-rich waters at the bottom have a higher temperature due to the magnifying glass effect of the four-meter thick ice sheet over the top of the lake. During times of high ...
A Practical and Scientific Encyclopaedia of Horticulture for Gardeners and Botanists by George Nicholson
Vanda — continued. V. Roxburghii unicolor (one-coloured). A synonym of V. eonoolar. Vanda — continued. V. s. Veitohii (Veitch's).* 4. very strongly scented ; segments cinnamon-yellow, with very dark spots, pinkish on the edges ; middle lobe ...
Encyclopedia of House Plants (1999)
by Nico Vermeulen, Richard Rosenfeld
Vanda coerulea, particularly popular hecause of its hlue colour, has heen used for cross hreeding. Vanda x rothschildiana is a cross hetween coerulea and Vanda sanderia- na. Unfortunately these plants are not suitahle for the ordinary living ...
A Practical and Scientific Encyclopaedia of Horticulture for Gardeners and Botanists by John Garrett, James William Helenus Trail
Vanda — continued. Fio. 745. Flower ok Vanda Hookeriana. V. Boxallii (Boxall's). V. ccerulescem and V. lai A name applied to varieties of eltata. V. brunnea ( brown). Jl. olive-brown on the inner surface, about as large as those of V. concolor; ...
by George Nicholson
Vanda—continued. V. Gowerae (Gower's). A garden name for V. undulam. V. Grlfllthll (Griffith's). 11. yellow, brown, and lilac, much mailer than those of V. criutala (which this species resembles); sepals linear-oblon , recurved; petals ecuminate ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vanda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Vanda
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of V4A1N1D2A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VANDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Vanda!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Vanda to see it in context!