|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun vanda
What does vanda mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: vandas
- any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- more generic terms: orchid / orchidaceous plant = any of numerous plants of the orchid family usually having flowers of unusual shapes and beautiful colors
- more specific terms: Vanda caerulea / blue orchid = famous orchid of northern India having large pale to deep lilac-blue flowers
- member of: genus Vanda = genus of showy epiphytic orchids of Himalayas to Malaysia
Phrases with Vanda
Phrases starting with the word Vanda:
Phrase ending with the word Vanda:
Other phrases containing the word Vanda:
- Vanda a.k.a. Wanda Curtis is a Hungarian pornographic actress who entered the industry in around 1997.
- also known as Hajnalka Katalin Kovacs, wanda_curtis, Hajni, Hayni Hilford, Ajnalka Kovacs, Laura, Lisa, Annalisa Montezemolo, Najna, Wanda, Hayni C., Vanda Curtis, Hajni Kovacs, Angie, Judy, Hanji Kovacs, Annalisa Montezomolo
- born on (38 years ago) in Hungary
- ethnicity: Hungarian people
- nationality: Hungary
- profession: Pornographic actor
- Marriage with Herschel Savage since
- Vanda a.k.a. Judith Kostner is a pornographic actress.
- Vanda a.k.a. Ashley Bond is an actress.
- Vanda a.k.a. Vanda Hudson was an actress.
There are other people with Vanda in their name, like Vanda Lago, Harry Vanda, Vanda Barra, Vanda Boban, Vanda Dupre, Vanda Pelly, Vanda Svarc, Vanda Arányi, Vanda Duarte, Vanda França and many others.
Vanda a.k.a. VANDA. is a musical group, webpage.
- albums: "Unreleased", "Artichoque", "Why Do We Stare, Even When We Don't Want To?", "On the Tip of a Leaf"
- official website: www.vanda-music.de
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2002 film The Bubble.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2005 film Femeia visurilor.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2013 film Venus in Fur.
- Vanda, a widow is a fictional character from the film Past and Present.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2010 film The Two Deaths of Quincas Wateryell.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 1989 film Kuarup.
- Vanda is a fictional character from the 2007 film A Stem.
"Vanda" is a grand opera in five acts by Antonín Dvořák. The Czech libretto was written by Václav Beneš-Šumavský and František Zákrejs after a work by Julian Surzycki.
- language: Czech Language
- music by Antonín Dvořák
Vanda a.k.a. Wanda Language: Wanda is a Bantu language of Tanzania.
- also known as Wandia, Ichiwanda, Iciwanda, Kiwanda
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vanda
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Orchids of Asia (2005)
by Eng-Soon Teoh
Genus: Vanda Vanda is the Sanskrit name given to the orchids of Bengal. Today, it is the...
Mountains of Madness: (2001)
A Scientist's Odyssey in Antarctica by Tim Bowden, John Long
Lake Vanda is a stratified lake. The denser layers of salt and chemi- cal-rich waters at the bottom have a higher temperature due to the magnifying glass effect of the four-meter thick ice sheet over the top of the lake. During times of high ...
The "1900" supplement to the dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists (1901)
by George Nicholson
Vanda — continued. Fia. 745. Flower op Vanda Hookeuiana. V. Boxallii (Boxall'sl A name applied to varieties of V. cceruleaceiui and V. lamellata, V. brunnea ( brown), jl. olive-brown on the inner surface, about as large as those *>f V. concolor ...
A Practical and Scientific Encyclopaedia of Horticulture for Gardeners and Botanists by George Nicholson
Vanda — continued. V. Roxburghii unicolor (one-coloured). A synonym of V. eonoolar. Vanda — continued. V. s. Veitohii (Veitch's).* 4. very strongly scented ; segments cinnamon-yellow, with very dark spots, pinkish on the edges ; middle lobe ...
Encyclopedia of House Plants (1999)
by Nico Vermeulen, Richard Rosenfeld
Vanda coerulea, particularly popular hecause of its hlue colour, has heen used for cross hreeding. Vanda x rothschildiana is a cross hetween coerulea and Vanda sanderia- na. Unfortunately these plants are not suitahle for the ordinary living ...
by Sir George Watt
Vanda Roxburghii, R. Br.; Fl. Br. Ind., VI., 5a; Wight, Ic, t. Syn. — Cymbidium tesselloides, Roxb.; C. tessellatum, Swart*.; Epidendrum tessellatum, Roxb. ; Brides tessellatum, Wight. Weta.—Rdsnd, nii, vanda, blind a, persdrd, ...
by George Nicholson
Vanda—continued. V. Gowerae (Gower's). A garden name for V. undulam. V. Grlfllthll (Griffith's). 11. yellow, brown, and lilac, much mailer than those of V. criutala (which this species resembles); sepals linear-oblon , recurved; petals ecuminate ...
Encyclopaedia perthensis, or, Universal dictionary of the arts, sciences, literature, etc. : intended to supersede the use of other books of reference (1816)
Aklro- vanda, Averrhoa, Drosera, Fagonia, Germanium, Guaiacuni, Linum, Oxalis , Quallia, Tnbulus, and Zygophyllum. (194.) 15. Inundatæ, 8 genera; viz. Cerato- phyllum, Elatinc, Hippuris, Myriophyllum, Po- tamogeton, Proserpinacea, Ruppia ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vanda
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Vanda
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Beyond Forgetting
- Blue Vanda, Singapore
Blue vanda. Singapore Botanic Garden. Taken 12 December 2010
Photo credit: chipmunk_1
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of V4A1N1D2A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VANDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Vanda!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Vanda to see it in context!