On this page:
- Definition of the adjective versatile
- Phrases with Versatile
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Versatile
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Versatile
- Photos about Versatile
- Video language resources about Versatile
- Quotes about Versatile
- Scrabble value of V4E1R1S1A1T1I1L1E1
- Anagrams of VERSATILE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective versatile
What does versatile mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more versatile / most versatile
- having great diversity or variety
- changeable or inconstant
- example: versatile moods
- similar: variable
- competent in many areas and able to turn with ease from one thing to another
- example: a versatile writer
- similar: skilled
- able to move freely in all directions
Alternative definition of the adjective versatile
- Capable of doing many things competently.
- Having varied uses or many functions.
- Changeable or inconstant.
- [biology] Capable of moving freely in all directions.
Versatile is a Canadian brand of agricultural equipment that has produced augers, swathers and combine harvester. In the 1970s, it was an independent operation, founded by Peter Pakosh and Roy Robinson, that had 70% of the 4WD tractor market and then was later owned by Ford and Fiat's New Holland, spun off when Case-International merged with New Holland to form CNH Global.
- also known as Versatile Farm Equipment Company, ヴァーサタイル
Versatile is a musical group.
- album: "La habitación de la Luz"
- "Versatile" is a musical album of Jean Corti.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Versatile" is a musical album of Panzer Kunst.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Versatile" is a musical album of Naoki Kenji.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Versatile" is a musical album of Play Patrik.
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Versatile" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music by Jean Corti
Versatile is a breed temperament.
Phrases with Versatile
- Versatile Fairy Shrimp
- Chytridium Versatile Acaule
- Phyle Versatile
- Laganum Versatile
- Viburnum Versatile
- Cyclidium versatile
- Gerronema Versatile
- Ophrydium Versatile
- Chytridium Versatile
- Gnaphalium Versatile
- Acrostichum Versatile
- Sorosporium Versatile
- Species Phyle Versatile
- Species Laganum Versatile
- Species Viburnum Versatile
- Species Cyclidium Versatile
- Species Gerronema Versatile
- Species Ophrydium Versatile
- Species Chytridium Versatile
- Species Acrostichum Versatile
View more phrases with the word Versatile in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Versatile
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jerry Bobrow
The adjective versatile means accomplished in many areas, able to turn easily from one subject to another, many-sided. The word comes from ...
A Practical and Comprehensive Guide by Mary Maude McCain, Martha Merrill
Digital versatile disc (DVD): Also referred to as digital video disc. For some people, the ...
by Frederick F. Wherry, Juliet B. Schor, Consulting Editor
DVDs, short for “digital versatile discs” or, more commonly, “digital video discs,” are an optical storage format for digital information that was developed through a collaboration between Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony, and Philips during the ...
A Practical Compilation of Today's Acronyms and Abbreviations
Douay Version DVD digital versatile disc; ...
by Binh Nguyen
html DVDR Digital Versatile Disk Recodable (DVD), "DVD−R" From VERA http://www. tldp.org/LDP/Linux−Dictionary/html/index.html DVDRAM Digital Versatile Disk ...
For Information and Communication Technologies and Related Areas by Jakob Vlietstra
DVD Digital Versatile|Video Disc DVD Direct View Display DVD Dividend DVD Dope Vector Description DVD-R Digital Versatile Disc — Recordable DVD-RAM Digital Versatile Disc — Random Access Memory DVD- ROM Digital ...
by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer
Versatile, ver'.tu.tile, variable, unsteady. Versatile genius, a mind of numerous talents. Versatile disposition, dis.pH.zish'.un, a changeable...
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
VERSATILE, a vér'sí-til [F. versatile, versatile—from L. versâtilis, that turns round, movable—from versaire, to turn much or often, frequentative of vertéré, to turn]: that can be turned round; changeable; unsteady; easily turned from one thing to ...
Versatile. Leaders. Leadership assessment anddevelopment isa multistepprocess. After assessinga leader's weaknesses (lopsidedness) with aninstrument such as the LVI, it is criticalto create adevelopment plan withthe ...
by Sharon Zardetto, Andy Baird
Versatile. Disc). Originally called "digital video disc," the DVD was developed by Toshiba and adopted in the mid-'90s for both video format and data. DVDs come in a plethora of formats; the basics (-ROM, -R, -RW, -DL) are rounded up in CDs ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Versatile
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Versatile
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Be Versatile
Self promo piece showcasing different hand creating methods
See video of the making process here...
Photo credit: Lauren Manning
- Versatile (TM) Tractor: View from Cab
View from the cab of a Versatile (TM) tractor working a summer fallow field in Gove County, Kansas.
Photo credit: C. K. Hartman
- Versatile Species
Photo credit: FeatheredTar
- Comil Versatile Gold
Foto:Comil / Moglia Ass Press Comil
Photo credit: Galeria de Fan Bus, difusión y prensa
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Versatile
Click on an item to play that video:
- Versatile Meaning
Video shows what versatile means. Capable of doing many things competently.. Having varied uses or many functions.. Changeable or inconstant.. versatile ...
- ESL Vocabulary : versatile
- Most versatile word in English language.
- The most versatile word in the English language
Great resource for ESL learners looking to study proper usage of verbs, adjectives and nouns.
- ESL Vocabulary : versatile
- GURU SHAM: The most versatile word in the English Language...
Guru Sham explains the most versatile word in the English language...
- Annotator 5: Versatile description schema
See also the pronunciation examples of Versatile!
Quotes about Versatile
Scrabble value of V4E1R1S1A1T1I1L1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VERSATILE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Versatile!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Versatile to see it in context!