On this page:
- Definition of the adjective Vert
- Definition of the noun Vert
- Other definitions of Vert
- Phrases with Vert
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vert
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vert
- Photos about Vert
- Videos about Vert
- Scrabble value of V4E1R1T1
- Anagrams of VERT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective Vert
What does Vert mean as an attribute of a noun?
- [tincture] In blazon, of the colour green.
Definition of the noun Vert
What does Vert mean as a name of something?
- [tincture] A green colour, now only in heraldry; represented in engraving by diagonal parallel lines 45 degrees counter-clockwise.
- [archaic] Green undergrowth or other vegetation growing in a forest, as a potential cover for deer.
- [archaic] The right to fell trees or cut shrubs in a forest.
- [colloquial] In sport, a type of bicycle stunt competition.
- A vertical surface used by skateboarders.
Specialised definition of the noun Vert
Glossary of sports / skateboard
an event held in a half-pipe in which skateboarders perform aerials (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
Other definitions of Vert
What does Vert also mean?
The Vert, is a left tributary of the Gave d'Oloron, that drains the Barétous in the High-Béarn, in the Southwest of France. It flows into the gave in Moumour, downstream from Oloron-Sainte-Marie.
Who is Vert?
Vert is an electronic music producer who has been active since 1996. His music incorporates elements from various electronic genres, as well as other genres, such as jazz and hip hop.
- born in (44 years ago) in Portsmouth
- profession: Musician, singer-songwriter, composer
- genres: Jazz, Experimental music, Electronica, Electronic dance music
- albums: "Some Beans and an Octopus", "Nine Types of Ambiguity", "The Köln Konzert", "New Thing at Novara"
- official website: www.v-e-r-t.com
VERT is a record label.
- Vert: In classical heraldry, vert is the name of the tincture roughly equivalent to the colour "green". It is one of the five dark tinctures. The word vert is simply the French for "green". It is used in English in the sense of a heraldic tincture since the early 16th century. In Modern French, vert is not used as a heraldic term. Instead, the French heraldic term for green tincture is sinople. This has been the case since ca. the 16th century. In medieval French heraldry, vert also meant "green" while sinople was a shade of red. Vert is portrayed by the conventions of heraldic "hatching" by lines at a 45-degree angle from upper left to lower right, or indicated by the abbreviation vt. when a coat of arms is "tricked".
- also known as 韦尔
- Vert is a term used in extreme sports especially vert skating, vert skateboarding, snowboarding and BMX to denote a competition held on a vert ramp which allows the competitors to fly into the air and land back on the ramp. This time in the air allows the competitor to perform moves which would otherwise be extremely difficult. An example of this would be a flip, or a spin.
- Vert is a premier, full-service advertising and marketing agency providing strategy, media, and creative services for everything mobile, social and digital.
- official website: vertmob.com/agency
- Vert is a canonical version, musical recording.
Phrases with Vert
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Vert
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Kevin Daimi
Gregory Vert is a US citizen, who specializes in advanced security research in the areas of authentication, malware...
Dave Mirra (2005)
BMX Superstar by Aaron Rosenberg
Vert is a specialized kind of ramp riding, using 9- to 12-foot-high (2.7- to 3.7- meter-high) ramps that end at a vertical wall. The rider rides up the ramp, performs a stunt, and then lands back on the ramp to ride back down. Street riding involves ...
by Ephraim Chambers
It is called vert in the blazon of the coats of all under the degree of nobles ; but in coats of nobles it is called emerald; and in those of kings, Venus. In engraving, it is expressed by diagonals, or lines drawn athwart, ...
by William Nicholson
It is called vert in the blazon of the coats of all under the degree of nobles , but in coats of nobility, it is called emerald ; and in those of kings, Venus. In engraving, it is expressed by diagonals, or lines drawn athwart from right to left, from the ...
The British Encyclopedia (1809)
Or, Dictionary of Arts and Sciences. Comprising an Accurate and Popular View of the Present Improved State of Human Knowledge by William Nicholson
It is called vert in the blazon of the coats of all under the degree of nobles ; but in coats of nobility, it is called emerald ; and in those of kings, Venus. In engraving, it is expressed by diagonals, or lines drawn athwart from right to left, from the ...
by Temple H. Croker
It is called vert in the blazon of the coats of all under the degree of nobles ; but in coats of nobility, it is called emerald ; and in thofe of kings, venus. In engraving, it is exprefied by diagonals, or lines drawn athwart, from right to left, from the ...
The Complete Dictionary of Arts and Sciences. In which the Whole Circle of Human Learning is Explained, and the Difficulties Attending the Acquisition of Every Art, Whether Liberal Or Mechanical, are Removed, in the Most Easy and Familiar Manner ... (1766)
by Wilson and Fell (Londres), Fletcher and Hodson (Cambridge)
It is called vert in the blazon of the coats of all under the degree of nobles ; but in coats of nobility, it is called emerald ; and in those of kings, venus. In engraving, it is expressed by diagonals, or lines drawn athwart, from right to left, from the ...
by William Berry
stalked and leaved vert, a woman's head of the ...
A Rhyming Dictionary, Answering at the Same Time the Purposes of Spelling and Pronouncing the English Language ... (1824)
by John Walker
Vert Every ...
by Daniel Bell
The games feature the standard extreme sports such as aggressive in-line, bike ( dirt, street, vert), motocross, skateboarding (downhill, street, vert), street luge and wakeboarding. Year Host City Host Nation Dates Nations Athletes Sports 1999 ...
A New Law Dictionary (1999)
Containing Explanations of Such Technical Terms and Phrases as Occur in the Works of Legal Authors, in the Practice of the Courts, and in the Parliamentary Proceedings of the Houses of Lords and Commons, to which is Added an Outline of an Action at Law and of a Suit in Equity by Henry James Holthouse, Henry Penington
Over vert, sometimes also called hault boys, is all manner of great wood, as well such as bear fruit as do not. Old ash and holly trees are accounted over vert., Nea - ther vert, sometimes also called south boys, comprises all kinds of underwood, ...
I. The Whole Language is Arranged According to Its Terminations. II. Every Word is Explained and Divided Into Syllables Exactly as Pronounced ... to which ... is Added an Index of Allowable Rhymes, with Authorities for Their Usage from Our Best Poets by John Walker
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vert
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Vert
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: eddiedangerous
Photo credit: Groume
Casey Stratton concert at Harvest Coffeehouse in Bay City, Michigan.
Photo credit: TerryJohnston
Photo credit: jarnix
- Tapis Vert
Photo credit: The Eggplant
- Venise Vert
Photo credit: acrib
- Bleu et vert
Photo credit: jfgornet
- Feuillage vert et ciel bleu
Feuillage vert et ciel bleu au petit matin
Photo credit: zigazou76
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Vert
Click on an item to play that video:
- Vert Meaning
Video shows what vert means. vertebrate. vertical. vert pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. vert meaning. Powered by ...
- Vert ramp Meaning
Video shows what vert ramp means. A ramp used in skateboarding that transitions from a horizontal surface to a vertical one.. Vert ramp Meaning. How to ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Vert!
Scrabble value of V4E1R1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VERT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Vert!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Vert to see it in context!