Definition of the noun virginity
What does virginity mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: virginities
- the condition or quality of being a virgin
- examples: Girls are losing their virginity earlier and earlier. | Shougongsha is an old Chinese technique to test woman's virginity. | I would rather die than relinquish my virginity before marriage
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- more generic words: condition / status = a state at a particular time
- attribute: chaste = morally pure
- "Virginity" is the fifth single by Japanese girl group NMB48.
- lyrics by Yasushi Akimoto
- "VIRGINITY" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Virginity" is a musical album of GOTCHAROCKA.
- released on
- "Virginity" is a 2012 single album by NMB48.
- released on
- "Virginity" is a musical EP of Jeffree Star.
- "Virginity" is a musical album of hot like (A) robot.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Virginity" is a 2008 film directed by Vitaly Mansky.
- released on (6 years ago)
- read more about Virginity (film)
- "Virginity" is a 1995 short film written and directed by Loren Marsh.
- Virginity is the state of a person who has never engaged in sexual intercourse. There are cultural and religious traditions which place special value and significance on this state, especially in the case of unmarried females, associated with notions of personal purity, honor and worth.
- also known as Virgin
- Virginity is a 1937 Czechoslovak drama film directed by Otakar Vávra.
- country: Czechoslovakia
- language: Czech Language
Phrases with VIRGINITY
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for VIRGINITY
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Cornelius Cornelii a Lapide, William Frederick Geikie-Cobb
But virginity does bridle it more, nay, it wholly bridles concupiscence, whereas marriage gives it play ; therefore virginity is a greater good, and more pleasing to God, and better than matrimony. This the Apostle teaches us expressly in ver.
by Cornelius Cornelii a Lapide
But virginity does bridle it more, nay, it wholly bridles concupiscence, whereas marriage gives it play; therefore virginity is a greater good, and more pleasing to God, and better than matrimony. This the Apostle teaches us expressly in ver.
Teen Film (2011)
A Critical Introduction by Catherine Driscoll
Virginity is a complex conjunction of social, cultural, and psychological limits. It does not mean the absence of sexual activity so...
Marriage and Virginity (1996)
by Saint Augustine (Bishop of Hippo.)
Virginity Is an Anticipation of Heavenly Immortality 13. All these ...
Perspectives from Philosophy, Geography, and Architecture by Gary Backhaus, John Murungi
A virgin land is still a cultured land since virginity is a cultural phenomenon. Nothing is inherently virgin. Virginity is a contingent patina of meaning that is placed on what is inherently without meaning. It is only by an act of violence that what is ...
The Anatomy of Melancholy (1837)
What it Is, with All the Kinds, Causes, Symptoms, Prognostics, and Several Cures of It. In Three Partitions: with Their Several Sections, Members, and Subsections, Philosophically, Medicinally, Historically Opened and Cut Up by Robert Burton
Consider the excellency of virgins, 3 Virgo coelum meruit, marriage replenishes the earth, but virginity Paradise ; Elias, Eliseus, John Baptist were bachelors ; Virginity is a pretious jewell, a fair garland, a never fading flowre ; 3 for why was ...
Family, Body, Sexuality And Health by Suad Joseph, Afsāna Naǧmābādī
Arab States Female virginity and chastity are deemed significant in all societies to varying degrees, yet as cultural ideals they have been conflated with Arab and Muslim cultures through popular depictions in the Western media. The highly ...
A Compilation of Jewish Medical Law on All Topics of Medical Interest ... by Avraham Steinberg, Fred Rosner
in the Bible is a woman who has never cohabited with a man and whose tokens of virginity remain intact.1 There is a difference between the virginity of a woman in ...
by Orlando O. Espín, James B. Nickoloff
Boisclair See also VIRGINITY OF MARY (BIBLICAL THEOLOGY). VIRGIN BIRTH The virgin birth is a traditional teaching that proposes the conception and birth of Jesus to occur through the influence of the Holy Spirit without sexual ...
by Fred Rosner
Virginity Visiting the Sick. drink strong vinegar. One should not drink vinegar prior to bloodletting, nor after fasting (Abodah Zarah 29a). Vinegar may be harmful to the teeth (Proverbs 10:26) but it is good for toothache (Betzah 18b; ...
by William J. Collinge
Virginity is a sign of an allencompassing love of God and, ...
Catholic Bible Dictionary (2009)
by Scott Hahn
VIRGIN BIRTH Virginity for the sake of the Kingdom is rooted in the recognition of Christ as the center of Christian life. Our bond with him takes precedence over all other bonds, including those of the family. The Church recognizes that from the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for VIRGINITY
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about VIRGINITY
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: criccicricci
Photo credit: anntinomy
Photo credit: The Torch
Phipps Conservatory, Pittsburgh, PA.
Photo credit: brunkfordbraun
Photo credit: zoonabar
- Virginity Van
Photo credit: Johnny Jet
- On the downsides of virginity
Parolles' monologue to Helena on the downsides of virginity -- "To speak on the part of virginity is to accuse your mothers"
Photo credit: madprime
- "Virginity Soap" (Spice Souk, Dubai)
Photo credit: dweekly
- Back to virginity...
Photo credit: Fábio Gianesi
- Desert virginity
Photo credit: Valerio Avvisati
- G-sus's virginity
Photo credit: Javi Cebrian
- Zoe losing her Font virginity!
Taken at Rocher Sablons
Photo credit: colinedwards99
- Riot 4 Peace (Next Step: Screw 4 Virginity)
Photo credit: trevorstone
- A good reason to lose your virginity
Photo credit: diaper
- Scarlet Fever Virginity is a Social Construct
Photo credit: sκullface
- Civilization v/s nature's virginity
Photo credit: godwin d
Quotes about VIRGINITY
Scrabble value of V4I1R1G2I1N1I1T1Y4
The value of this 9-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of VIRGINITY to see it in context!