Visionary appears in the following tongue twister:
- An illusory vision is a visionary illusion. Is it?
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun visionary:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective visionary:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun visionary
- Definition of the adjective visionary
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Visionary
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Visionary
- Photos about Visionary
- Video language resources about Visionary
- Quotes about Visionary
- Scrabble value of V4I1S1I1O1N1A1R1Y4
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun visionary
What does visionary mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: visionaries
- a person given to fanciful speculations and enthusiasms with little regard for what is actually possible
- a person with unusual powers of foresight
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of visionary: illusionist / seer
- more generic words: intellect / intellectual = a person who uses the mind creatively
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the noun visionary
- someone who has visions; a seer
- an impractical dreamer
- someone who has positive ideas about the future
Definition of the adjective visionary
What does visionary mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more visionary / most visionary
- not practical or realizable; speculative
Alternative definition of the adjective visionary
- having vision or foresight
- imaginary or illusory
- prophetic or revelatory
- idealistic or utopian
"Visionary" a.k.a. "Vixens", known in Japan as Visionary, is a three-episode Japanese erotic direct-to-video anime series based on the manga by U-Jin.
- read more about Vixens
- "Visionary" is a studio album by German progressive rock band Eloy, released on 18 November 2009 through Artist Station Records.
- "Visionary" is a 1976 studio album by guitarist Gordon Giltrap.
- "Visionary" is a musical album of David Arkenstone.
- also known as Visionary - The Ultimate Narada Collection (disc 1)
- released in (13 years ago)
- "Visionary" is a musical album of Dødsengel.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Visionary" is a musical album of ESNO.
- released on
- "Visionary" is a musical EP of Tiger Cub.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Visionary" is a musical album of Visionary.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Visionary" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Bob Mould
- Visionary is a musical group, record producers.
- Visionary is a musical group.
- albums: "Visionary", "Strange but Familiar Shores..."
There are other groups with in their name, like Visionary Underground.
Visionary is a defunct organization, record label.
Visionary: Defined broadly, a visionary, is one who can envision the future. For some groups this can involve the supernatural.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Visionary
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Impact Investor (2014)
Lessons in Leadership and Strategy for Collaborative Capitalism by Cathy Clark, Jed Emerson, Ben Thornley
Being visionary means having a robust investment thesis of change, discussed in chapter 3, and articulating that ITC more clearly than many investors might be accustomed to. In mainstream investment markets, organizational vision tends to ...
Encyclopedia of Earth Myths (2005)
An Insider's A-Z Guide to Mythic People, Places, Objects, and Events Central to the Earth's Visionary Geography by Richard Leviton
An Insider's A-Z Guide to Mythic People, Places, Objects, and Events Central to the Earth's Visionary Geography Richard Leviton. environment to make it easier to see the inner expression. The Earth of Hurqalya, as Corbin translates it, is a ...
by Su Mi Dahlgaard-Park
Visionary. Leadership. Personal leadership is not about personal charisma, which is often considered an inherent individual trait belonging only to certain people with almost superhuman powers; charismatic leaders are capable of articulating ...
abstract, complete, exemplar, fanciful, notional, romantic, standard09archetype , benchmark, criterion, imaginary, nonpareil, principle, prototype, visionary, yardstick 10 archetypal, conceptual, consummate,idealistic, perfection 11 impractical, ...
by Gerard C. Wertkin
While visionary artis predominantly associated with African American communities, there arealsoa goodmanywhite practitioners, of whom the best- known istheReverend Howard Finster (1916¥2001). Finster,a Baptist preacher and self-styled ...
An Encyclopedia for Students by Anand Prahlad
Further Reading Adele, Lynne, 1989, Black History/Black Vision: The Visionary Image in Texas (Austin: Archer M. Huntington Art Gallery, College of Fine Arts, University of Texas at Austin); Arnett, Paul, and William Arnett, eds., 2000, Souls ...
The Mississippi Encyclopedia (2017)
by Ted Ownby, Charles Reagan Wilson, Ann J. Abadie, Odie Lindsey, James G. Thomas
Visionary art is conventionally defined as art with spiritual or mystical themes. It suggests a wider vision of awareness or portrays experiences based on such awareness. In Mississippi, where evangelical Christianity dominates, much of the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Visionary
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Visionary
Click on an item to view that photo:
Copyright Free 100%
Photo credit: Wendelin Jacober
Photo credit: Brett Jordan
- UNITED EARTH VISIONARY
Photo credit: Wendelin Jacober
- Visionary gleam
Mr B by the river. Tirra lirra by the river ...
Photo credit: goforchris
- Visionary Artist
That's what it says on the label.
Photo credit: garryknight
- Future visionary ;)
Photo credit: blancastella
- RAW : Visionary Sydney Showcase
RAW: Natural Born Artists.
Photography by Rhiannon Hopley | RH Photography & Design
Photo credit: rawartistsmedia
View more pictures about American Visionary Art Museum.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Visionary
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mrs. C's Awesome Visionary Vocabulary
Created using PowToon -- Free sign up at...
- 3 Questions: Herminia Ibarra on the Meaning of Visionary Leadership
HERMINIA IBARRA is the Cora Chaired Professor of Leadership and Learning, and Professor of Organizational Behavior at INSEAD. Prior to joining INSEAD ...
- Visionary Meaning
Video shows what visionary means. having vision or foresight. imaginary or illusory. prophetic or revelatory. visionary pronunciation. How to pronounce ...
- Instant LookUp Dictionary Visionary Idea
- Visionary - Another Language
- Ollie Cantos Visionary Series - Hey, WATCH Your LANGUAGE!
See also the pronunciation examples of Visionary!
Quotes about Visionary
Scrabble value of V4I1S1I1O1N1A1R1Y4
The value of this 9-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine