On this page:
Definition of the noun visual aspect
What does visual aspect mean as a name of something?
- outward or visible aspect of a person or thing
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonym of visual aspect: appearance
- more generic word: quality = an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone
- more specific terms:
- agerasia = youthful appearance in an old person
- look = physical appearance
- view = outward appearance
- colour / color = the appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation
- complexion = texture and appearance of the skin of the face
- impression / effect = an outward appearance
- linear perspective / perspective = the appearance of things relative to one another as determined by their distance from the viewer
- phase = the particular appearance of a body's state of illumination
- vanishing point = the appearance of a point on the horizon at which parallel lines converge
- superficies = the purely external aspect of a thing
- format = the general appearance of a publication
- shape / cast / form = the visual appearance of something or someone
- persona / image = a personal facade that one presents to the world
- semblance / colour / color / gloss = an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading
- face = the general outward appearance of something
- countenance / visage = the appearance conveyed by a person's face
- hairiness / pilosity = the quality of having hair
- hairlessness = the quality of not having hair
- beauty = the qualities that give pleasure to the senses
- ugliness = qualities of appearance that do not give pleasure to the senses
- disfiguration / disfigurement / deformity = an appearance that has been spoiled or is misshapen
- homeliness / plainness = an appearance that is not attractive or beautiful
- blemish / defect / mar = a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something
- discolouration / discoloration / stain = a soiled or discolored appearance
- plainness = the appearance of being plain and unpretentious
- elaborateness / ornateness = an ornate appearance
- decorativeness = an appearance that serves to decorate and make something more attractive
- etiolation = a pale and sickly appearance
- sleekness = the quality of being well-groomed and neatly tailored
"Visual Aspect" is a musical album of Brain Bubbles.
- released in (15 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Visual Aspect
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Dictionary of Symbols (2013)
by J. E. Cirlot
It is probable that, from the earliest times, the visual aspect of wounds helped to strengthen the association between the concept of the hole and that of passing into the other life. All this seems to be corroborated by the fact that in many ...
Volume 23: Folk Art by Carol Crown, Cheryl Rivers, Charles Reagan Wilson
Vernacular art is cultural art, and, in the African Atlantic diaspora, it serves as a visual aspect of the oral culture. It encompasses various manifestations of folkways, including storytelling, remembrance, proverbs, acts of spirituality, veneration of ...
The Giant Encyclopedia of Transition Activities for Children 3 to 6 : Over 600 Activities Created by Teachers for Teachers (2005)
by Kathy Charner, Maureen Murphy, Jennifer Ford
The visual aspect is the number of fingers held up, the audio is saying the correct number and naming the desired behavior ...
Volume 5: Asia/Pacific by Katherine Brisbane, Ravi Chaturvedi, Ramendu Majumdar, Chua Soo Pong, Minoru Tanokura
The term itself emphasizes the visual aspect of drama, the spectacle of it ...
Encyclopedia of 5,000 Spells (2011)
by Judika Illes
The visual aspect of the pun remains today, in the akua'ba, the fertility producing and thus lifeaffirming doll from Ghana, whose shape also recalls the ankh. Although the mirror is a reflective tool, magically it's also believed to possess powers ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Visual Aspect
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Visual Aspect
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Visual Aspect to find many related words and phrases!