On this page:
Definition of the noun visual signal
What does visual signal mean as a name of something?
- a signal that involves visual communication
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic words: sign / signal / signaling = any nonverbal action or gesture that encodes a message
- more specific terms:
- watch fire = a fire lighted at night as a signal
- light = a visual warning signal
- warning light / red light = a cautionary sign of danger
- flare / flash = a burst of light used to communicate or illuminate
- signal flag / flag = a rectangular piece of fabric used as a signalling device
- wind sleeve / air-sleeve / wind cone / wind sock / air sock / windsock / drogue / sock = a truncated cloth cone mounted on a mast
- stake / post = a pole or stake set up to mark something
- turn indicator / trafficator / turn signal / blinker = a blinking light on a motor vehicle that indicates the direction in which the vehicle is about to turn
- armband = worn around arm as identification or to indicate mourning
- skyrocket / rocket = propels bright light high in the sky, or used to propel a lifesaving line or harpoon
- beacon fire / beacon = a fire (usually on a hill or tower) that can be seen from a distance
- brake light / stoplight = a red light on the rear of a motor vehicle that signals when the brakes are applied to slow or stop
- barber's pole = striped pole outside a barbershop
- part of: visual communication = communication that relies on vision
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Visual Signal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Martin H. Weik
visual signal code. See international visual signal code. visual spectrum. The band of color produced by decomposing ...
An Illustrated Vocabulary of Terms which Designate American Railway Signals, Their Parts, Attachments and Details of Construction, with Descriptions of Methods of Operation and Some Illustrations of British Signals and Practice by Railway Signal Association, Braman Blanchard Adams, Rodney Hitt, Arthur David Cloud, Harold Hoyt Simmons
visual signal. If required an "answer back," visual or audible, can be provided as an indication that the system has operated properly. The system embodies new principles with desirable features. viz. : The method of supplying operating ...
The Structure of the Lexicon (1995)
Human Versus Machine by Jürgen Handke
Whenever a visual signal is processed, the visual system picks up the image with a system of specialised cells. After a filtering process, the two images, one recorded with each eye, are fused. Because of the spatial difference between the ...
by Ray Horak
A visual signal is a stream-oriented optical signal.Audio and visual signals travel in a waveform that can vary continuously and infinitely along two parameters amplitude and frequency.Amplitude refers to signal intensity or signal strength, ...
by Martin Weik
See also audio, call, dedicated circuit, dedicated service, fiber optic net, handset, hotline, network, off-hook, off-hook signal, permanent signal, permanent virtual circuit, signaling, telephone, user, user end instrument, visual signal. off-hook ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Visual Signal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Visual Signal
If you need images about Visual Signal for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Visual Signal to see it in context!