Vital appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- One vital rep uses a base superlative, no?
- Spare vital bases runts dim amidst nurses’ ablative raps.
- Set a gyro-memorial flat, I verify; fire vital flair, O memory gates.
Definition of the adjective vital
What does vital mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- urgently needed; absolutely necessary
- performing an essential function in the living body
- full of spirit; full of life
- manifesting or characteristic of life
Alternative definition of the adjective vital
- Relating to, or characteristic of life.
- Necessary to the continuation of life; being the seat of life; being that on which life depends.
- Invigorating or life-giving.
- Necessary to continued existence.
- Relating to the recording of life events.
- See Important.
Phrases with Vital
Phrases starting with the word Vital:
- Vital Air
- vital sign
- vital force
- vital organ
- Vital Signs
- vital capacity
- Vital Function
- vital principle
- Vital Statistic
- vital statistics
Phrases ending with the word Vital:
- Vital a.k.a. David Majzlin is a film composer. His film credits include Sunshine Cleaning and Asylum Seekers. Majzlin's music has appeared in Ugly Betty, CSI, The Cleaner, The Ghost Whisperer, Grey's Anatomy, The Tony Awards, CNN, Desperate Housewives, and 60 Minutes.
- profession: Film score composer
- genre: Film score
- filmography: "Mutant Vampire Zombies from the 'Hood!"
- nomination: - nominated to News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Music & Sound - "HBO Documentary Film Series" (Sins of My Father), with Susan Jacobs, Didi Gutman, John Carbonara & Jesica Suárez
- official website: www.davidmajzlin.com
- Vital a.k.a. Geymond Vital was an actor.
Vital is a record label.
- official website: www.hentai-vital.com
- "Vital" a.k.a. "Devotion" is a musical album of Anberlin.
- "Vital" is Van der Graaf Generator's first live album. Except for one-off reunions, it marked the end of Van der Graaf Generator as a band until their 2005 reunion. The album (on vinyl and, later, on CD) was credited under the truncated name Van der Graaf. It had the same line-up as on the previous year's The Quiet Zone/The Pleasure Dome (also credited to Van der Graaf), plus newcomer cellist Charles Dickie. Original saxophonist David Jackson re-joined the band for this recording.
- genre: Progressive rock
- released in (36 years ago)
- "Vital" is a musical album of Tamara Castro.
- "Vital" is a musical album of Izmore.
- released on (7 years ago)
"Vital" is a Japanese film made in 2004. It was directed by Shinya Tsukamoto and stars Tadanobu Asano as Hiroshi Takagi, a man whose girlfriend dies and who loses his memory in a car accident.
- country: Japan
- language: Japanese Language
- producer: Shinya Tsukamoto
- written by Shinya Tsukamoto
- music by Der Eisenrost, Chu Ishikawa
- genres: Psychological thriller, Thriller, World cinema, Romance Film, Japanese Movies, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released in (10 years ago)
VITAL is a suite of digital asset management products by VTLS based on the open source Fedora architecture.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Vital
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Easyread Super Large 24pt Edition by Steven Hayes
Being vital means there will always be some new way to pursue your values. Achieving your goals isn't an end, but a new beginning; a point of closure at which you can refresh your journey by starting anew. Guideposts are important, but don't ...
by Neil J. Salkind
The National Vital Statistics Reports are a series of reports published by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics. The mission of the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), the principal ...
by K. Bradley Penuel, Matt Statler, Ryan Hagen
Vital records are official records, usually maintained by state or county governments, of major life events. They include birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses, certificates of adoption, and closely related legal decrees. The term is ...
Encyclopedia of Epidemiology (2007)
by Sarah Boslaugh
The NCHS conducts a wide range of annual, periodic, and longitudinal sample surveys and administers the National Vital Statistics Systems. Among the best known of the NCHS surveys are the National Health and Nutritional Examination ...
Encyclopaedia medica (1903)
Fallacies 411 Vital statistics is the science of numbers applied to the life- history of communities. Its significance is similar to that of the more recently coined word, Demography — though the latter does not necessarily confine itself strictly to ...
by Norman B. Anderson
VITAL. EXHAUSTION. Vital exhaustion is a psychosocial risk indicator for adverse cardiovascular health outcomes, including myocardial infarction and recurrent cardiac events following percutaneous ...
by Neil J. Salkind
For example, a previously conducted cross-sectional study may be augmented with the current vital status information of participants. Case–Control Studies Case–control studies involve recruiting a sample of participants who are classified on ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Vital
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Vital
Click on an item to view that photo:
- VITAL! SERIO
Photo credit: FunGi_ (Trading)
- Vital Voices
Ambassador Roemer speaking at a Roosevelt House reception September 16 for the Vital Voices Women's Empowerment Summit delegates.
Photo credit: U.S. Embassy New Delhi
- Vital Voices
September 16, 2010 Ambassador Roemer speaking at a Roosevelt House reception for the Vital Voices Women's Empowerment Summit delegates.
Photo credit: U.S. Embassy New Delhi
- Vital Processes
Photo credit: InkHong
- Edificio de la Vital
Oficinas centrales de la Caja Vital, ahora Kutxa Bank
Photo credit: Alfredo.Ruiz
- Vital Tinfoil Phonograph
Tinfoil Phonograph made by Vital
France circa 1879
First step in voic recording and play back.
Photo credit: phonogalerie.com
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Vital
Click on an item to play that video:
- Video Vocabulary - "vital" definition
This video tells you what vital means and how do you use the word vital. Created by Emily at Seisen International School.
- Vital Definition
- Vital Vocabulary with All GV Students
- The Vital Role of Brand Definition
Brand Definition is imperative to the success of your practice. Not only does it clarify what differentiates your practice from others but also makes decisio...
- Secretary of the Army says language and culture vital for future missions
Secretary of the Army John McHugh said that language and culture skills are critical for the successful accomplishment of missions overseas today and in the ...
- How to Learn a Language: Why Going on Exchange is Vital
Freya Cole talks to Rowan Kunz from Study TV...
- Systems Thinking: How Language Impedes This Vital Skill
Full video from the Long Now Foundation available at...
- Language Access: Identifying Vital Documents and Languages
A presentation for HONSAC by Mr. Kleber Palma, Director of the New York City Department of Education's Translation and Interpretation Unit, on Thursday, Dece...
View more videos about Elan vital.
See also the pronunciation examples of Vital!
Quotes about Vital
Scrabble value of V4I1T1A1L1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VITAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- V TAIL
See also the blanagrams of Vital!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Vital to see it in context!