Voila appears in the following tongue twister:
- V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves V into poster on wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
(from the screenplay of the movie "V for Vendetta", at the beginning, when V meets Evie for the first time)
Voila appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Al, I overuse both selfsame nice cinemas’ flesh, to be sure… voila!
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of Voila
What does Voila mean?
- "Lo! There it is", ta-da, presto
- Voila a.k.a. VOILA! is a musical group.
- album: "Décollage"
- official website: www.voila-music.com
- Voila a.k.a. Voilà! is a musical group.
- album: "Le Congo pour les lions"
- "Voila" a.k.a. "Voilà!": Voila! is the third studio album by Italian singer In-Grid. It was released in 2005, and it featured songs on French and English languages. An English vocal album was also released.
- "Voila" is the seventh studio album by the American singer Belinda Carlisle, released in 2007. It was Carlisle's first studio album in over a decade, and is a covers album of "classic French chansons and pop standards", much different from Carlisle's previous English language pop records. The album was critically praised however did sell moderately. Although all of the songs are sung in French, many of the musicians featured on the album are Irish. The English musician Brian Eno also performs keyboards on the album.
- "Voila" a.k.a. "Voilà" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Jeanne Cherhal
- "Voila" is a composition.
- "Voila" a.k.a. "Voilà" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Françoise Hardy
- "Voila" is a musical single of Radio Killer.
- "Voila" a.k.a. "Voilà" is a musical album of Embrasserie.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Voila" a.k.a. "Voilà..." is a musical album of Stéphane Mercier.
- "Voila" is a musical album of Spank Rock.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Voila" is a musical album of Moi, le voisin.
- Voila a.k.a. Voilà is the first album of the Brazilian singer Rhaissa Bittar, who arose from from the alternative music scene of São Paulo. It was released in 2010.
- Voila is a screen capture and annotation tool for the Macintosh platform developed by Global Delight. It provides an easy an intuitive way to Capture, Annotate, add Effects and Publish the annotated images through a simple workflow.
- official website: www.globaldelight.com/voila_overview.html
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Voila
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Essential Guide by Paul Gregutt
Walla Voila is a delightful throwback to the early days of Washington winemaking when chenin was a popular off-dry white wine intended as a tasting-room take on Vouvray. Three different dry sémillons are produced, along with a late-harvest ...
The Wrong Word Dictionary (2012)
2,500 Most Commonly Confused Words by Dave Dowling
Voila is a French expression that means behold or look there. The vlclous dog lapped up the vlscous honey. Viral, Virile Viral refers to a virus. Some community-acquiredpneumonias are viral ...
Searcher Magazine's Guide to Sites and Strategies for Global Business Research by Sheri R. Lanza, Barbara Gilder Quint
Voila http://www.voila.com/Network Voila is a search engine covering the Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, France, Italy, and Germany. It is searchable in English, Danish, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, ...
Volume 3 - CompuServe to Computer Programs: Outliners by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
Voila!  for the Apple Macintosh also follows the ThinkTank style of outlining. It does accommodate paragraphs, but they must be separate from headings, which can be no larger than 80 characters. If the heading is long, it can disappear past ...
by Thomas E. Zurinskas
vldeodlsk ~vldee'oekusset - videocassette ~vldee'oetaep - videotape ~ vldeeyoe - video ~vldeeyoedlsk - vldeodlsk ~vldeeyoekusset - videocassette ~ vldeeyoetaep - videotape ~vle - vie ~vle"atlklm - vlatlcum ~vle"oelu - viola ~vle" oelu - voila ...
by Hugh Moore
Si vous avez le malheur d'être médiocre, voila des remords pour la vie ; si vous reussissiez, voila des ennemis ; vous marchez sur le bord d'un abime entre le mepris et la haine.
Lives of illustrious and distinguished Scotsman, forming a complete Scottish biographic dictionary (1841)
Embellished with splendid and authentic Portraits. Verstehendes Exemplar kam im Juli 1859 an der Stelle das früher hier Stehender u ab. d. Titel: "A biographical dictionary of eminent Scotsman. 4 Voll. Gl. 1839 by Robert Chambers
vous voila done — Eh bien ...
Lexicon of Musical Invective (2000)
Critical Assaults on Composers Since Beethoven's Time by Nicolas Slonimsky
Le rythme, le chant, la tonalite, voila trois choses inconnues k M. Debussy et volontairement dedaign£es par lui. Sa musique est vague, flottante, sans couleur et sans contours, sans mouvement et sans vie.
History, Language, Literature, Biography, Geography, Travel, Art, Government Politics, Industry, Invention, Commerce, Science, Education, Natural History, Statistics and Miscellany by Henry Woldmar Ruoff
voila. See there; there is; there are. voilti tout. That's all. voila une autre chose. That's quite another thing. voir le dessous des cartes. To see the face of the cards; to be in the secret. vous y pcrdrez vos pas. You will have your ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Voila
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Voila
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: amrit1983
Photo credit: Adib Roy
Photo credit: Rowena of the Rants
Photo credit: TajaTaja
Photo credit: cogdogblog
Photo credit: mkooiman
Photo credit: Neeta Lind
Photo credit: AlphaTangoBravo / Adam Baker
Photo credit: Mrs. Cupcake
Photo credit: Pauline Mak
Photo credit: Chris Winters
Photo credit: Aine D
Photo credit: Victor O'
- Voila LosAngeles Graffiti Art
Photo credit: anarchosyn
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Voila
Click on an item to play that video:
- Voila Meaning
Video shows what voila means. "Lo! There it is", ta-da, presto. Voila Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say voila. Powered by ...
- Salut tous le monde je voila ma prmiere intro liser la description :)
- Voila ma nouvelle chaine est dans la description !!
- Voila ma premiere intro slvp liser la description
See also the pronunciation examples of Voila!
Scrabble value of V4O1I1L1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of VOILA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Voila!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Voila to see it in context!