On this page:
- The Waal or Rivier Waal is the main distributary branch of river Rhine flowing through the Netherlands. Approximately 80 km, it is the major waterway connecting the port of Rotterdam to Germany. Before it reaches Rotterdam, it joins with the Afgedamde Maas near Woudrichem to form the Boven Merwede. Along its length, Nijmegen, Tiel, Zaltbommel and Gorinchem are towns of importance with direct access to the river.
- Waal is a municipality in the district of Ostallgäu in Bavaria in Germany. The town has a municipal association with Buchloe.
- Waal a.k.a. Ponggaluku Airport is an Airport in Indonesia.
- WAAL a.k.a. The wandering albatross, snowy albatross or white-winged albatross is a large seabird from the family Diomedeidae, which has a circumpolar range in the Southern Ocean. It was the first species of albatross to be described, and was long considered the same species as the Tristan albatross and the Antipodean albatross. A few authors still consider them all subspecies of the same species. The SACC has a proposal on the table to split this species, and BirdLife International has already split it. Together with the Amsterdam albatross, it forms the wandering albatross species complex. The wandering albatross is the largest member of the genus Diomedea, one of the largest birds in the world, and one of the best known and studied species of bird in the world.
- read more about Wandering albatross
- WAAL is a classic rock radio station broadcasting at 99.1 MHz and licensed to Binghamton, NY and is under ownership of Townsquare Media. WAAL is the oldest FM radio station in the Southern Tier. During weekday mornings and weekday afternoons, traffic reports are announced after every classic rock ride.
- official website: www.991thewhale.com
- waaL is a gene.
- Waal a.k.a. rfaL is a gene.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Waal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Our Inner Ape (2006)
A Leading Primatologist Explains Why We Are Who We Are by Frans de Waal
—The Washington Post “De Waal is an original thinker and writes with such a light hand that the reader can take a stimulating ride through this imaginative philosophical discourse.” —The Boston Globe “For those ready for some self- scrutiny, ...
by Garrett Cullity
Alex de Waal is a human rights activist, currently Director of Justice Africa, and has worked as a consultant to Oxfam. David Sogge is an aid analyst who has worked for private American, Canadian, and Dutch aid agencies. . Rieff, A Bed for the ...
The Question of the Animal from Heidegger to Derrida by Matthew Calarco
In view of this task, the commitment to biological continuism we find in such thinkers as Darwin, Dawkins, and de Waal is an essential path for thought, inasmuch as it both decenters the human and offers the possibility of uncovering traits ...
by Peter O. Gray
Frans de Waal (2005). Our inner ape. New York: Riverhead Books. De Waal is a leading expert on both chimpanzees ...
de Waal F. Peacemaking among primates. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press; 1989. de Waal F. Our inner ape. New York: Riverhead Books; 2005. de Waal F. Primates and philosophers. Princeton, NJ: Princeton ...
by C.W. Grein, F. Groschopp, J.A. Harrison, W.M. Baskerville
waal-rec. st. т. death-bringing rock, sutfoeating smoke. waal», waell-regn. st. т. deadly rain. shower (deluge). waal- rest, ...
by Mike Morris, Michael Ashley Morris
Daly, Gérard Prunier, and Alex de Waal. Further reading: De Waal (2005); Flint & de Waal ( 2008).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Waal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Waal
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: empracht
Photo credit: cafuego
- Waal Bridge
From "One Bridge Too Far"
Photo credit: markjhandel
- Hochschule Rhein Waal in Kleve
Photo credit: Maarten Takens
- Waal and Sky
Photo credit: markjhandel
- Waal meets Pannerdenschkanaal
Photo credit: Victor Sassen
- Waal River
The Waal river where arch bridge The Crossing Nijmegen (De Oversteek) where American soldiers crossed the river to secure the existing Waal bridge during Operation Market Garden 1944.
Photo credit: pezzaz888
View more pictures about De Waal.
Video about Waal
Video shows what Waal means. a distributary of the Rhine in Western Europe that runs through the Netherlands. Waal Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
Scrabble value of W4A1A1L1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WAAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Waal!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Waal to see it in context!