On this page:
- Definition of the noun Waldorf
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Waldorf
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Waldorf
- Photos about Waldorf
- Videos about Waldorf
- Quotes about Waldorf
- Scrabble value of W4A1L1D2O1R1F4
- Anagrams of WALDORF
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Waldorf
What does Waldorf mean as a name of something?
- A Waldorf salad.
- Waldorf is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Charles County, Maryland, United States. It is 23 miles south-southeast of Washington, D.C. The population of the census-designated area was 67,752 at the 2010 census. Waldorf was settled before 1900 as a rural crossroads with a train station and was called "Beantown" after a local family.
- Waldorf is a city in Waseca County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 229 at the 2010 census.
- Waldorf is a musical group.
- albums: "Waldorf", "Twelve Seconds to None"
- official website: www.abandcalledwaldorf.com
- Waldorf is a musical group.
- album: "You're My Disco"
- official website: www.worldofwaldorf.com
- Waldorf is a fictional character from the tv series The Muppet Show.
- also known as P. Fenton Cosgrove, Uncle Waldorf, Robert Marley, Wally-D, Willy R
- in films:
- "The Muppet Movie", played by Jim Henson
- "The Muppets at Walt Disney World", played by Jim Henson
- "Muppets from Space", played by Dave Goelz
- "The Great Muppet Caper", played by Jim Henson
- "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie", played by Dave Goelz
- "The Muppets Take Manhattan", played by Jim Henson
- "The Muppets", played by Dave Goelz
- "The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years", played by Jim Henson
- Waldorf is a fictional character from the 2013 film Seasick Sailor.
- Waldorf is a fictional film character.
"Waldorf" is a musical album of Waldorf.
- released in (11 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Waldorf
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Writing the Self (2015)
Henry James and America by Peter Collister
Like the Church of the Ascension, decorated by James's old friend John La Farge , the Waldorf is a refuge from the onslaught of the city with its 'clangorous charge of cars';. The comparison is apposite: this microcosm which epitomizes the ...
Rittenhouse Writers (2016)
Reflections on a Fiction Workshop by James Rahn
saral waldorf is a medical anthropologist who has lived and worked in Uganda, Lesotho, Cameroon, Malawi, Benin, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Malta, ...
by Francis Morrone
The Waldorf is an exception. Though it is a floor above street level, there is nothing uninviting about this vast through- block lobby, which was restored in the 1980s to its original Art Deco appearance after some twenty years in which it had ...
Walking Into Colorado's Past (2006)
50 Front Range History Hikes by Ben Fogelberg, Steve Grinstead
All around Waldorf is a network of interconnecting roads and trails, ...
Volume Two: Periodical Literature and Guide to Sources of Current Information by Y G-M Lulat
Waldorf is a Harvard law student who has lived in SA. 0824 — Walker, Matthew. "The Cost of Doing Business in SA.: AntiApartheid [U.S.] Coalition Boycotts Shell." MULTINATIONAL MONITOR 7, no.
by Craig Kridel
The Waldorf Schools curriculum is inspired by spiritual and moral discourses and is experienced as a union of sensory life and inner experience: a spiritual science approach. The Waldorf curriculum was developed by Rudolf Steiner ( 1861– ...
Second Edition by John W. Collins, Nancy Patricia O'Brien
Waldorf education Founded in Stuttgart, in 1919, by Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner, this educational philosophy and methodology is based upon a spiritual and psychological view that understands child development as moving ...
by Thomas C. Hunt
Although Waldorf schools' literacy curriculum has been challenged by some mainstream educators because reading instruction does not begin until age 7, Steiner adopted a wide definition of literacy that included not only reading and writing ...
Encyclopedia of the Social and Cultural Foundations of Education: A-H ; 2, I-Z ; 3, Biographies, visual history, index (2009)
Waldorf education, which is synonymous with Steiner education, is based on an anthroposophical view of the human being, that is, a being of body, soul, and spirit. The school system's founder, Rudolf Steiner (1861–1925), a philosopher, ...
by W. Edward Craighead, Charles B. Nemeroff
WALDORF EDUCATION Also known as Steiner education. this alternative educational system is based on the ideas of Rudolf Steiner tl86l-l925l. the Austrian scientist. educator. and philosopher. Steiner founded the first Waldorf school in l9l9 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Waldorf
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Waldorf
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Uncle Fester
Photo credit: patruby83
- London Waldorf
Enjoying a cigar in the bar at the Waldorf
Photo credit: Jason Cartwright
- Waldorf Astoria tablery
Photo credit: librarylvr
- Waldorf MicroQ Omega Edition
75 Voices instead of 25 .. :-) wooooh
Photo credit: acidpix
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Waldorf
Click on an item to play that video:
- Waldorf Meaning
Video shows what Waldorf means. A Waldorf salad.. Waldorf Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Waldorf. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- *Waldorf Astoria New York No description
- WalTV News: The Waldorf Choir -sharing the language of song.
The Waldorf Choir is "sharing the language" of song. Story by Jonathan Aguilar.
View more videos about Waldorf salad.
See also the pronunciation examples of Waldorf!
Quotes about Waldorf
Scrabble value of W4A1L1D2O1R1F4
The value of this 7-letter word is 14 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WALDORF
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Waldorf!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Waldorf to see it in context!