WAR! appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- raw sexes war
- A war at Tarawa!
- Nam? Raw war man!
On this page:
War! a.k.a. War is a city in McDowell County, West Virginia, United States. The population was 862 at the 2010 census. War was incorporated in 1920 by the Circuit Court of McDowell County. Its name is derived from War Creek, whose confluence with Dry Fork is located within the city. Legend has it that War Creek was in turn named by the local Native Americans about 1788 because of a battle which occurred near the source of the creek. War is the only place in the United States with this name. War was formerly known as Miner's City. It is well known for being a setting in the movie "October Sky" as writer Homer Hickam is a Big Creek High School alumnus.
- also known as War, West Virginia; McDowell County / War city
- part of McDowell County, West Virginia, United States of America, Area codes 304 and 681
- official website: www.warwestvirginia.com/
Who is WAR!?
War! a.k.a. Christopher 'War' Martinez: Christopher 'War' Martinez is an actor.
- also known as Christopher War Martinez, Christopher Martinez, War
- profession: Actor
- read more about Christopher 'War' Martinez (actor)
- War! a.k.a. War: Total War was a Swedish black metal supergroup, formed by Tony "IT" Särkkä of Abruptum, David "Blackmoon" Parland of Dark Funeral and Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy.
- War! a.k.a. War is a musical group.
- albums: "Insanity of Faith", "Ex Tenebris Nasceris Ut Deleas", "Holy War"
- WAR! is a musical group.
- albums: "Breakdown in the Breakdown", "The Worst Day of My Life EP"
War! a.k.a. War is the name of three fictional characters, who are Marvel Comics supervillains. Two are discussed here: both members of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. the first War and Abraham Kieros. The title was also held by the mutant Gazer and, briefly, by Bruce Banner, the Hulk.
- created by Walt Simonson, Clayton Henry, Louise Simonson & Frank Tieri
- fictional universe: Marvel Universe
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is the third studio album by Irish rock band U2, released on 28 February 1983. The album has come to be regarded as U2's first overtly political album, in part because of songs like "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and "New Year's Day", as well as the title, which stems from the band's perception of the world at the time; Bono stated that "war seemed to be the motif for 1982.
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is a counterculture era soul song written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong for the Motown label in 1969. Whitfield first produced the song – a blatant anti-Vietnam War protest – with The Temptations as the original vocalists. After Motown began receiving repeated requests to release "War" as a single, Whitfield re-recorded the song with Edwin Starr as the vocalist, with the label deciding to withhold the Temptations' version from single release so as not to alienate their more conservative fans. Starr's version of "War" was a number-one hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1970, and is not only the most successful and well-known record of his career, but it is also one of the most popular protest songs ever recorded. It was one of 161 songs on the Clear Channel no-play list after September 11, 2001.
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is a song recorded and made popular by Bob Marley. It first appeared on Bob Marley and the Wailers' 1976 Island Records album, Rastaman Vibration, Marley's only top 10 album in the USA. The lyrics are almost literally derived from a speech made by Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie I before the United Nations General Assembly in June 1963.
- music by Carlton "Carly" Barrett
- "War!" a.k.a. "War": War is the third album by funk group War, or their first following the departure of singer Eric Burdon and the group's name change from the original: Eric Burdon and War. It was released in April 1971 on United Artists Records, their first for the label.
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is a single by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, released in 1998. It was featured on Small Soldiers and on the 1998 collection album The Collection Volume One. The song is performed by members Layzie, Flesh, and Wish, and also features Henry Rollins, Tom Morello and Flea.
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is the fourth studio album by the Dutch hardcore band Born from Pain. The album was released on November 17 and November 20 through Metal Blade Records.
- "War!" a.k.a. "War?" is a song from System of a Down's eponymous debut album. A live version of the song is also a B-side featured on the Sugar EP.
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is a composition.
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is a musical album of Regenerator.
- also known as War (bonus disc)
- released on (14 years ago)
- "War!" a.k.a. "Live War" is a musical album of Bolt Thrower.
"War!" a.k.a. "War" is a book by Gwynne Dyer.
- genre: War novel
- subjects: Military science, Military branch, Current events, World history, International relations, History, Warfare, Research, Security, World
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is a 2009 short film directed by Paolo Sassanelli and written with Antonella Gaeta.
- also known as Uerra
- country: Italy
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Tommaso Arrighi
- written by Paolo Sassanelli & Antonella Gaeta
- cinematography by Federico Annicchiarico
- genres: War film, Family, Comedy
- released in (7 years ago)
- award: - David di Donatello for Best Short Film nomination for Paolo Sassanelli
- "War!" a.k.a. "Atomic War Bride", is a 1960 Yugoslav science fiction drama film directed by Veljko Bulajić.
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is a film.
- "War!" a.k.a. "War" is a film.
- country: United States of America
- genres: Documentary film, Drama
- "War!" a.k.a. "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning" was a massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy setting. It was developed by Mythic Entertainment and was simultaneously released in North and South Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand on September 18, 2008. The game revolved around the continual worldwide conflict that the Warhammer Fantasy setting is known for, and the game is geared toward ongoing, constant war laced with dark humour.
- also known as Warhammer Online: Время Возмездия, WAR
- mode: Multiplayer video game
- designers: Mark Jacobs & Paul Barnett
- developer: Mythic Entertainment
- genres: Massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Fantasy, Massively multiplayer online game, Role-playing video game
- publisher: Electronic Arts
- released on (7 years ago)
- VGX Award for Best RPG
- VGX Award for Best PC Game
- official website: www.warhammeronline.com
- "War!" a.k.a. "W.A.R." was a computer game produced by Martech.
- also known as WAR
- mode: Single-player video game
- genres: Scrolling shooter, Shoot 'em up, Action game
- publisher: Martech
- released in (30 years ago)
"War!" a.k.a. "The Pestilence" is a 1918 painting by American artist Hugh Henry Breckenridge.
- also known as War
- completed in (98 years ago)
- media: oil paint
- artist: Hugh H. Breckenridge
- genre: History painting
- subjects: 1918 flu pandemic, World War I, War, Disease
- War! a.k.a. WAR: In software engineering, a WAR file is a JAR file used to distribute a collection of JavaServer Pages, Java Servlets, Java classes, XML files, tag libraries, static web pages and other resources that together constitute a web application.
- War! a.k.a. WAR: Wrestle and Romance, and later Wrestle Association R, was a professional wrestling promotion founded and run by Genichiro Tenryu as the successor to Super World of Sports, and which lasted from 1992 to 2000. The promotion had very few regular contracted workers, instead most of the workers were either freelance or employed in other promotions. Because of this WAR ran many all-star cards. It had interpromotional feuds against New Japan Pro Wrestling, Frontier Martial Arts Wrestling, the new Tokyo Pro Wrestling, and UWF International. WAR also continued, albeit in a loose fashion, SWS's old working agreement with the WWF, when they backed the WWF's first Japan tour, in 1994, which unfortunately did not sell out any buildings.
- War! a.k.a. Waray-Waray Language: Waray-Waray is the fifth most spoken native language of the Philippines, specific to the provinces of Samar, Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Biliran, and in the north-east of Leyte Island. The name comes from the word often heard by non-speakers, "waray", in the same way that Cebuanos are known in Leyte as "mga Kana".
- also known as Binisaya, Waray, Samaran, Samar-leyte, Samareño
- War! a.k.a. War: War: A Commentary by Gwynne Dyer is a 1983 Canadian television miniseries filmed by Gwynne Dyer. The miniseries was commissioned by the National Film Board of Canada and consists of 8 one-hour episodes.
- begun in (34 years ago)
- country: Canada
- genres: History, War film, Documentary film
- War! a.k.a. War Language: War, Waray, War-Jaintia or Amwi is an Austroasiatic language spoken by about 16,000 people in Bangladesh and 12,000 people in India.
- also known as War-Jaintia language, War Jaintia language, War Jaintia, Waar, Amwi, War
- War! a.k.a. Taua: A taua is a war party in the tradition of the Maori, the indigenous people of New Zealand. Contemporary knowledge of taua is gleaned from missionary observations and writings during the Musket Wars of the early 19th century and the later New Zealand wars. The reason to engage gather a taua may be for reasons of seeking revenge or seeking compensation for an offence against an individual, community or society.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for WAR!
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about WAR!
um 16 at war
16 at war with life
16 at war with destiny
16 at war with the universe
16 at war with the world
16 at war in iraq
16 at war with my soul
16 at war with my spirit
16 at war with teenage ways
16 at war with you
16 at war with whom? (Shameka Jones)
more quotes about war!...
Anagrams of WAR!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of WAR!!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of WAR! to see it in context!