On this page:
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a 2007 American action film directed by Philip G. Atwell his directorial debut, and also fight choreography by Corey Yuen. The film stars Jet Li and Jason Statham. The film was released in the United States on August 24, 2007. War features a collaboration between Jet Li and Jason Statham, reuniting them for the first time since 2001's The One. Jason Statham plays an FBI agent determined to take down a mysterious assassin known as Rogue, after his partner is murdered.
- also known as Rogue Assassin
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, Japanese Language, Standard Chinese, Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese
- director: Philip Atwell
- art direction by Catherine Ircha
- cinematography by Pierre Morel
- music by Brian Tyler
- location: Darwin
- genres: Martial Arts Film, Thriller, Action Film, Crime Thriller, Action/Adventure, Gangster Film
- subjects: Yakuza, Sicilian Mafia
- Vengeance is the ultimate weapon.
- One wants justice, the other wants revenge.
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (7 years ago)
- official website: www.warthefilm.com
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a 2002 Russian film by Aleksei Balabanov about the realities of the Second Chechen War starring Aleksei Chadov and Ian Kelly.
- also known as Voyna
- country: Russia
- languages: Russian Language, English Language, Chechen Language
- producer: Sergey Selyanov
- production design by Pavel Parkhomenko
- art direction by Steve Sharratt
- written by Aleksei Balabanov
- Ian Kelly as John
- Sergei Bodrov, Jr. as Captain Medvedev
- Aleksei Chadov as Ivan
- Ingeborga Dapkūnaitė as Margaret
- Euclid Kyurdzidis as Ruslan
- Giorgi Gurgulia as Aslan
- Vladimir Gostyukhin as Ivan's Father
- Ben Foster
- Yuri Stepanov as Aleksandr Matrosov
- David McAlister
- Andrei Kormunin
- Steve Jamieson
- Lev Erenburg as Предприниматель-заложник
- Stanislav Stotsky as Fedya
- Viktoriya Smirnova as Katka
- cinematography by Sergei Astakhov
- edited by Marina Lipartiya
- music by Vyacheslav Butusov, Bi-2
- costume design by Tatyana Patrakhaltseva
- set decoration by Svyatoslav Korsakov & Andrei Parkhomenko
- genres: War film, Action Film, Drama
- tagline: Это не Брат 3, это Война...
- rating: 16+ (RU), R (USA)
- released on (12 years ago)
- Nika Award for Best Film nomination for Aleksei Balabanov & Sergey Selyanov
- Nika Award for Best Director nomination for Aleksei Balabanov
- Nika Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Sergei Astakhov
- Nika Award for Best Sound nomination for Maksim Belovolov
- Nika Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Sergei Bodrov, Jr.
- Nika Award for Best Supporting Actor, received by Sergei Bodrov, Jr.
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a 2009 short film directed by Paolo Sassanelli and written with Antonella Gaeta.
- also known as Uerra
- country: Italy
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Tommaso Arrighi
- written by Paolo Sassanelli & Antonella Gaeta
- cinematography by Federico Annicchiarico
- genres: War film, Family, Comedy
- released in (6 years ago)
- award: - David di Donatello for Best Short Film nomination for Paolo Sassanelli
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a film.
- "War?" a.k.a. "Atomic War Bride", is a 1960 Yugoslav science fiction drama film directed by Veljko Bulajić.
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a film.
- country: United States of America
- genres: Documentary film, Drama
"War?" a.k.a. "War" is a book by Gwynne Dyer.
- genre: War novel
- subjects: Military science, Military branch, Current events, World history, International relations, History, Warfare, Research, Security, World
- War? a.k.a. War is a card game typically involving two players. It uses a standard French playing card deck. Due to its simplicity, it is played most often by children.
- also known as 賭場戰爭
- "War?" a.k.a. "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning" was a massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy setting. It was developed by Mythic Entertainment and was simultaneously released in North and South Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand on September 18, 2008. The game revolved around the continual worldwide conflict that the Warhammer Fantasy setting is known for, and the game is geared toward ongoing, constant war laced with dark humour.
- also known as Warhammer Online: Время Возмездия, WAR
- mode: Multiplayer video game
- designers: Mark Jacobs & Paul Barnett
- developer: Mythic Entertainment
- genres: Massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Fantasy, Massively multiplayer online game, Role-playing video game
- publisher: Electronic Arts
- released on (6 years ago)
- VGX Award for Best RPG
- VGX Award for Best PC Game
- official website: www.warhammeronline.com
- "War?" a.k.a. "W.A.R." was a computer game produced by Martech.
- also known as WAR
- mode: Single-player video game
- genres: Scrolling shooter, Shoot 'em up, Action game
- publisher: Martech
- released in (29 years ago)
War? a.k.a. War is the name of three fictional characters, who are Marvel Comics supervillains. Two are discussed here: both members of the Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. the first War and Abraham Kieros. The title was also held by the mutant Gazer and, briefly, by Bruce Banner, the Hulk.
- created by Walt Simonson, Clayton Henry, Louise Simonson & Frank Tieri
- fictional universe: Marvel Universe
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is the third studio album by Irish rock band U2, released on 28 February 1983. The album has come to be regarded as U2's first overtly political album, in part because of songs like "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and "New Year's Day", as well as the title, which stems from the band's perception of the world at the time; Bono stated that "war seemed to be the motif for 1982.
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a counterculture era soul song written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong for the Motown label in 1969. Whitfield first produced the song – a blatant anti-Vietnam War protest – with The Temptations as the original vocalists. After Motown began receiving repeated requests to release "War" as a single, Whitfield re-recorded the song with Edwin Starr as the vocalist, with the label deciding to withhold the Temptations' version from single release so as not to alienate their more conservative fans. Starr's version of "War" was a number-one hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1970, and is not only the most successful and well-known record of his career, but it is also one of the most popular protest songs ever recorded. It was one of 161 songs on the Clear Channel no-play list after September 11, 2001.
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a song recorded and made popular by Bob Marley. It first appeared on Bob Marley and the Wailers' 1976 Island Records album, Rastaman Vibration, Marley's only top 10 album in the USA. The lyrics are almost literally derived from a speech made by Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie I before the United Nations General Assembly in June 1963.
- music by Carlton "Carly" Barrett
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is the fourth studio album by the Dutch hardcore band Born from Pain. The album was released on November 17 and November 20 through Metal Blade Records.
- "War?" a.k.a. "War": War is the third album by funk group War, or their first following the departure of singer Eric Burdon and the group's name change from the original: Eric Burdon and War. It was released in April 1971 on United Artists Records, their first for the label.
- "War?" est un single et une chanson du groupe de rock américain System of a Down, tiré de l'album homonyme System of a Down sortit le 30 juin 1998. C'est la piste 8 de l'album, elle dure deux minutes et quarante secondes.
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a single by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, released in 1998. It was featured on Small Soldiers and on the 1998 collection album The Collection Volume One. The song is performed by members Layzie, Flesh, and Wish, and also features Henry Rollins, Tom Morello and Flea.
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a composition.
- "War?" a.k.a. "War" is a musical album of Regenerator.
- also known as War (bonus disc)
- released on (13 years ago)
Who is WAR??
War? a.k.a. Christopher 'War' Martinez: Christopher 'War' Martinez is an actor.
- also known as Christopher War Martinez, Christopher Martinez, War
- profession: Actor
- read more about Christopher 'War' Martinez (actor)
- War? a.k.a. War is an American funk band from California, known for the hit songs "Low Rider", "Spill the Wine", "Summer", "Why Can't We Be Friends?", "The Cisco Kid", and "The World Is a Ghetto". Formed in 1969, War was a musical crossover band which fused elements of rock, funk, jazz, Latin, rhythm and blues, and reggae. The band also transcended racial and cultural barriers with a multi-ethnic line-up. War was also subject to many line-up changes over the course of its formation, leaving member Leroy "Lonnie" Jordan as the only original member in the current line-up.
- also known as Eric Burdon and War; Eric Burdon & War; Burdon, Eric & War
- Eric Burdon (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Lee Oskar (Harmonica) between and (25 years)
- J.B. Eckl (Guitar) between and (2 years)
- Francisco "Pancho" Tomaselli (Bass guitar) since
- Lonnie Jordan (Keyboard) since
- Stuart Ziff (Guitar) since
- Fernando Harkles (Saxophone) since
- Stanley Behrens (Harmonica) since
- Rae Valentine (Keyboard) between and (8 years)
- Sal Rodriguez (Drums) since
- Pat Rizzo (Saxophone) between and (4 years)
- Harold Ray Brown (Drums) between and (25 years)
- Charles Miller (Saxophone) between and (10 years)
- B. B. Dickerson (Bass guitar) between and (10 years)
- Pat Rizzo (Saxophone) between and (2 years)
- Howard E. Scott (Guitar) between and (25 years)
- Papa Dee Allen between and (19 years)
- David Urquidi (Saxophone) since
- Marcos J. Reyes (Percussion) since
- genres: Funk, Brown-eyed soul, Music of Latin America, Rock music, Chicano rock, Jazz fusion, Funk rock, Reggae, Soul music, Ska, Reggae fusion, Electric blues, Rhythm and blues
- albums: "Best of Eric Burdon & War", "Eric Burdon Declares "War"", "Love Is All Around", "The Black-Man's Burdon", "Deliver the Word", "Why Can't We Be Friends?", "Peace Sign", "The Very Best of War", "All Day Music", "Anthology 1970 - 1994", "Galaxy", "The Best of War and More", "The Best of War... and More, Volume 2", "Grooves & Messages: The Greatest Hits of War", "The World Is a Ghetto", "Collección Latina", "Platinum Jazz", "Low Rider / So", "Greatest Hits", "War", "War Live", "Life", "The Music Band 2", "Outlaw", "The Music Band – Jazz", "The Music Band", "Slippin' Into Darkness (Armand van Helden remix)", "Youngblood", "Black Man's Burdon II - Guilty", "Good, Good Feelin'", "The Cisco Kid And Other Hits", "Icon: War", "Evolutionary", "Spill the Wine"
- award: - Grammy Hall of Fame Award - "Low Rider / So" (Award for 'Low Rider')
- official website: www.war.com
- War? a.k.a. War: Total War was a Swedish black metal supergroup, formed by Tony "IT" Särkkä of Abruptum, David "Blackmoon" Parland of Dark Funeral and Peter Tägtgren of Hypocrisy.
- War? a.k.a. War is a musical group.
- albums: "Insanity of Faith", "Ex Tenebris Nasceris Ut Deleas", "Holy War"
- War? a.k.a. WAR! is a musical group.
- albums: "Breakdown in the Breakdown", "The Worst Day of My Life EP"
War? a.k.a. War is a city in McDowell County, West Virginia, United States. The population was 862 at the 2010 census. War was incorporated in 1920 by the Circuit Court of McDowell County. Its name is derived from War Creek, whose confluence with Dry Fork is located within the city. Legend has it that War Creek was in turn named by the local Native Americans about 1788 because of a battle which occurred near the source of the creek. War is the only place in the United States with this name. War was formerly known as Miner's City. It is well known for being a setting in the movie "October Sky" as writer Homer Hickam is a Big Creek High School alumnus.
- also known as War, West Virginia; McDowell County / War city
- part of McDowell County, West Virginia, United States of America, Area codes 304 and 681
- official website: www.warwestvirginia.com/
- War? a.k.a. War film: War films are a film genre concerned with warfare, usually about naval, air, or land battles, sometimes focusing instead on prisoners of war, covert operations, military training, or other related subjects. At times war films focus on daily military or civilian life in wartime without depicting battles. Their stories may be fiction, based on history, docudrama, biographical, or even alternate history fiction. Themes explored in war films include combat, survivor and escape stories, tales of sacrifice, studies of the futility and inhumanity of battle, the effects of war on society, and explorations of the moral and human issues raised by war.
- also known as War
- War? a.k.a. WAR: In software engineering, a WAR file is a JAR file used to distribute a collection of JavaServer Pages, Java Servlets, Java classes, XML files, tag libraries, static web pages and other resources that together constitute a web application.
- War? a.k.a. WAR: Wrestle and Romance, and later Wrestle Association R, was a professional wrestling promotion founded and run by Genichiro Tenryu as the successor to Super World of Sports, and which lasted from 1992 to 2000. The promotion had very few regular contracted workers, instead most of the workers were either freelance or employed in other promotions. Because of this WAR ran many all-star cards. It had interpromotional feuds against New Japan Pro Wrestling, Frontier Martial Arts Wrestling, the new Tokyo Pro Wrestling, and UWF International. WAR also continued, albeit in a loose fashion, SWS's old working agreement with the WWF, when they backed the WWF's first Japan tour, in 1994, which unfortunately did not sell out any buildings.
- War? a.k.a. War: War: A Commentary by Gwynne Dyer is a 1983 Canadian television miniseries filmed by Gwynne Dyer. The miniseries was commissioned by the National Film Board of Canada and consists of 8 one-hour episodes.
- begun in (33 years ago)
- country: Canada
- genres: History, War film, Documentary film
- War? a.k.a. Waray-Waray Language: Waray-Waray is the fifth most spoken native language of the Philippines, specific to the provinces of Samar, Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Biliran, and in the north-east of Leyte Island. The name comes from the word often heard by non-speakers, "waray", in the same way that Cebuanos are known in Leyte as "mga Kana".
- also known as Binisaya, Waray, Samaran, Samar-leyte, Samareño
- War? a.k.a. Taua: A taua is a war party in the tradition of the Maori, the indigenous people of New Zealand. Contemporary knowledge of taua is gleaned from missionary observations and writings during the Musket Wars of the early 19th century and the later New Zealand wars. The reason to engage gather a taua may be for reasons of seeking revenge or seeking compensation for an offence against an individual, community or society.
- War? a.k.a. War Language: War, Waray, War-Jaintia or Amwi is an Austroasiatic language spoken by about 16,000 people in Bangladesh and 12,000 people in India.
- also known as War-Jaintia language, War Jaintia language, War Jaintia, Waar, Amwi, War
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for WAR?
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about WAR?
um 16 at war
16 at war with life
16 at war with destiny
16 at war with the universe
16 at war with the world
16 at war in iraq
16 at war with my soul
16 at war with my spirit
16 at war with teenage ways
16 at war with you
16 at war with whom? (Shameka Jones)
more quotes about war?...
Anagrams of WAR?
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of WAR?!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of WAR? to see it in context!