Warts appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- straw warts
- Didi won straw warts, now I did.
- Straw? No, too stupid a fad, I put soot on warts.
On this page:
Warts is a fictional character from Super-Sleuth.
- Warts a.k.a. Wart: A wart is a small, rough growth resembling a cauliflower or a solid blister. It typically occurs on humans' hands or feet but often in other locations. Warts are caused by a viral infection, specifically by one of the many types of human papillomavirus. There are as many as 10 varieties of warts, the most common considered to be mostly harmless. It is possible to get warts from others; they are contagious and usually enter the body in an area of broken skin. They typically disappear after a few months but can last for years and can recur.
- read more about Wart
- Warts a.k.a. LATS, large tumor suppressor, homolog 1 (Drosophila) is a gene.
- also known as LATS (large tumor suppressor, Drosophila) homolog 1; LATS homolog 1
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Warts
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Vulva (2016)
A Practical Handbook for Clinicians by Gayle Fischer, Jennifer Bradford
A presentation with genital warts is an ideal opportunity to organise routine gynaecological ...
by L.G. Keith
The term mosaic warts refers to plaque-like growths usually afflicting the soles, heels, palms, and periungual areas; these are generally recalcitrant to treatment ( Bunney, 1982). Condylomata acuminata represent warts of anogenital areas; ...
Modern Surgical Pathology (2009)
by Noel Weidner, Richard J. Cote, Saul Suster, Lawrence M. Weiss
Intraurethral spread of venereal warts is a serious complication and clinically manifests with severe irritative symptoms. The disorder is more common in men. Recurrence is frequent ...
by Herbert Pfister
venereal warts is an infrequent event in both sexes, occurring in up to 5 to 10% of condyloma acuminata of long duration (10 or more years).” When this happens , the neoplasm is usually very aggressive locally. The rare, large, locally ...
by Clare Stephenson
The main clinical problem with seborrheic warts is that they can be perceived as unsightly, and in some cases they may be confused with malignant growths.
Black’s Medical Dictionary (2017)
by Harvey Marcovitch
Common warts (verruca vulgaris) are seen mainly in children and young adults on the backs of the fingers and hands, and less often on the knees, face or scalp. They may be single or numerous and range from 1 mm to 10 mm or more in size.
by J. P. Schadé
Introduction Warts or verrucae are small skin growths caused by any of 60 related human papillomavirus types. Warts can develop at any age, but they are most common in children and leat common in the elderly. Although Macroscopic view ...
by Carol Turkington, Jeffrey S. Dover
genital warts syndrome, biotin responsive carboxylase deficiency, marie unna hypotrichosis, congenital skin defect (APLASIA CUTIS), CONRADI'S DISEASE, incontinentia pigmenti, focal dermal hypoplasia, and Haller- mann- Streiff ...
by John Henry Clarke
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Warts
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Warts
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Warts
Plant Identification Terminology | Plantar Warts In Kids | Practica By Plantronics T100
View more videos about Warts and All.
See also the pronunciation examples of Warts!
Quotes about Warts
Scrabble value of W4A1R1T1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WARTS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
- W STAR
See also the blanagrams of Warts!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Warts to see it in context!