We Are Dad
is an acrostic for wad.
On this page:
"We Are Dad" is a 2005 documentary film chronicling the story of two male pediatric AIDS nurses who have taken in a number of HIV positive infants as their foster parents. The film outlines the couple's struggle to provide a stable and loving home to their children. When one child, who tested HIV-positive at birth, is discovered to be HIV negative, the state of Florida determined that the child should be adopted, but refused to allow his foster parents, a gay couple, to adopt him. The fight over this decision thrust this family into the center of the debate over gay adoption.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Michel Horvat
- genres: Documentary film, Gay Themed, LGBT, Culture & Society
- subject: Social issues
- released in (10 years ago)
- award: - GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Documentary
- official website: www.sho.com/site/schedules/product_page.do?episodeid=124530&seriesid=0
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for We Are Dad
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about We Are Dad
I didn't know my dad for a long time. My dad was on drugs and my dad was at the VA Hospital, my dad was off in his own world selling drugs or using them or there would be crack heads in the house or whatever it would be. (Shia LaBeouf)
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of We Are Dad for some fun with words!