The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb wear upon:
On this page:
Definition of the verb wear upon
What does wear upon mean as a doing phrase?
- exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress
- lexical domain: Body Actions - verbs of grooming, dressing and bodily care
- synonyms of wear upon: fag / fag out / fatigue / jade / outwear / tire / tire out / wear / wear down / wear out / weary
- more generic word: indispose = cause to feel unwell
- more specific terms:
- cause: fatigue / jade / pall / tire / weary
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for wear upon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Automobile Dictionary (2010)
by Albert Clough
than of a sliding character, in order to reduce wear upon the parts. It consists of a series of hardened steel rollers which fit ...
Thick cutaneous bulge, elastic and resistant to wear upon which the toe rests; it contributes to locomotion and absorbs shocks. Thick cutaneous ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for wear upon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of WEAR UPON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of wear upon!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of wear upon to find many related words and phrases!