The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun wearable:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun wearable
- Definition of the adjective wearable
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for wearable
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for wearable
- Photos about wearable
- Video language resources about wearable
- Scrabble value of W4E1A1R1A1B3L1E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun wearable
What does wearable mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: wearables
- a covering designed to be worn on a person's body
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of wearable: article of clothing / clothing / habiliment / vesture / wear
- more generic terms: consumer goods = goods (as food or clothing) intended for direct use or consumption; covering = an artifact that covers something else
- more specific terms:
- accouterment / accoutrement / accessory = clothing that is worn or carried, but not part of your main clothing
- wearing apparel / apparel / clothes / dress = clothing in general
- raiment / regalia / array = especially fine or decorative clothing
- attire / dress / garb = clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion
- beachwear = clothing to be worn at a beach
- black = black clothing
- blue = blue clothing
- change = a different or fresh set of clothes
- civilian clothing / civilian dress / civilian garb / plain clothes = ordinary clothing as distinguished from uniforms, work clothes, clerical garb, etc.
- drag = clothing that is conventionally worn by the opposite sex
- footwear = clothing worn on a person's feet
- garment = an article of clothing
- gray / grey = clothing that is a grey color
- hand wear / handwear = clothing for the hands
- headdress / headgear = clothing for the head
- knitwear = knitted clothing
- leisure wear = informal clothing designed to be worn when you are relaxing
- loungewear = clothing suitable for relaxation
- man's clothing = clothing that is designed for men to wear
- neckpiece = an article of apparel worn about the neck
- nightclothes / nightwear / sleepwear = garments designed to be worn in bed
- overclothes / outerwear = clothing for use outdoors
- protective garment = clothing that is intended to protect the wearer from injury
- ready-to-wear = ready-made clothing
- slip-on = an article of clothing (garment or shoe) that is easily slipped on or off
- slops = cheap clothing
- street clothes = ordinary clothing suitable for public appearances
- tailor-made = custom-made clothing
- threads / duds / togs = informal terms for clothing
- uniform = clothing of distinctive design worn by members of a particular group as a means of identification
- vestiture = an archaic term for clothing
- woman's clothing = clothing that is designed for women to wear
- work clothing / work-clothing / work clothes / work-clothes = clothing worn for doing manual labor
- part: wardrobe = collection of clothing belonging to one person
Alternative definition of the noun wearable
- Something that can be worn; an item of clothing.
Definition of the adjective wearable
What does wearable mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more wearable / most wearable
- suitable for wear or able to be worn
- examples: wearable evening clothes | a wearable hearing aid
- antonym: unwearable
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for wearable
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J. Michael Spector
ByronHavardByron HavardHavard, Byron Wearable Learning Environments Wearable learning environments 835 837...
Wearable learning environments include a variety of bodyborne sensory, communication, and computational ...
The Social Media Revolution: An Economic Encyclopedia of Friending, Following, Texting, and Connecting (2016)
An Economic Encyclopedia of Friending, Following, Texting, and Connecting by Jarice Hanson
Though experiments and expensive prototypes have been around for 20 years or more, wearable technology has been primarily popular with cyber enthusiasts while the general public has retained a passing interest. Today, however ...
Ultimate Visual Dictionary (2017)
Wearable technology has been around since the late 1970s, with devices such as the calculator watch and digital...
by Kenneth Hudson
Wearable Not extreme, not tight-fitting, practical. This is a great favourite among those whose business it is to sell the more expensive kinds of clothes. One therefore has 'a natural cowhide European-styled wallet that's exquisitely slim and ...
by William J. Raynor, Jr., William Raynor
wearable computer systems 306 wearable computer systems As the term implies, these are computer systems that are designed to be worn or easily carried about. A wearable system allows the user to circumvent the usual limitations of a ...
by Harry Henderson
wearable computers For some time, technology pundits have talked about computers being literally woven into daily life, embedded in clothing and personal accessories. However, implementations have thus far seen ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for wearable
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about wearable
Click on an item to view that photo:
Mediamatic Wearable Workshop
Photo credit: saschapohflepp
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about wearable
Click on an item to play that video:
- Wearable Meaning
Video shows what wearable means. Able to be worn.. Wearable Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say wearable. Powered by ...
- ESL Smart Wearable ECG Arrhythmia Detection Systems
This video introduces a smart multi-lead wireless ECG monitoring system that automatically detects arrhythmias and informs automatically the doctor in that ...
- TRIA code language for A Wearable Devices
- Add language to samsung wearable app
A demonstration of how to add a localisation to a Samsung Wearable app.
- Conbrov Camcorder Security Wearable Recording - Product Description
See also the pronunciation examples of wearable!
Scrabble value of W4E1A1R1A1B3L1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of wearable to see it in context!