On this page:
- Definition of the noun weaver
- Phrases with Weaver
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Weaver
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Weaver
- Photos about Weaver
- Videos about Weaver
- Sign language
- Quotes about Weaver
- Scrabble value of W4E1A1V4E1R1
- Anagrams of WEAVER
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun weaver
What does weaver mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: weavers
- a craftsman who weaves cloth
- finch-like African and Asian colonial birds noted for their elaborately woven nests
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonyms of weaver: weaver finch / weaverbird
- more generic terms: oscine / oscine bird = passerine bird having specialized vocal apparatus
- more specific terms:
- Ploceus philippinus / baya = common Indian weaverbird
- widow bird / whidah / whydah = mostly black African weaverbird
- Padda oryzivora / Java sparrow / Java finch / ricebird = small finch-like Indonesian weaverbird that frequents rice fields
- amadavat / avadavat = red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds
- grass finch / grassfinch = usually brightly-colored Australian weaverbirds
- member of: family Ploceidae / Ploceidae = weaverbirds
Alternative definition of the noun weaver
- One who weaves
- Any bird in the family Ploceidae.
- Weaver is a city in Calhoun County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census the population was 3,038. It is included in the Anniston-Oxford, Alabama Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Weaver is an unincorporated community in Minneiska Township, Wabasha County, Minnesota, United States. The Whitewater River and the Mississippi River meet at Weaver.
- Weaver a.k.a. Weaver, Illinois: Weaver is an unincorporated community in Clark County, Illinois, United States. Weaver is located along U.S. Route 40 northeast of Marshall.
- read more about Weaver, Illinois
- Weaver a.k.a. Weaver, West Virginia: Weaver is an unincorporated community in Randolph County, West Virginia.
- read more about Weaver, West Virginia
WEAVER is a musical group.
- albums: "新世界創造記・後編", "新世界創造記・前編", "Tapestry", "それを強さと呼びたい"
- official website: www.weavermusic.jp
- Weaver is a fictional character from the film Antz.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 2012 film House at the End of the Street.
- Weaver is a fictional film character created by Ben Ramsey.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the film Zambezia.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 2009 film Bad Bush.
- Weaver is a fictional character from Sunshine.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1965 film King Rat.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1940 film Colorado.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 2008 film Wanted.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Errand Boy.
- The Weaver is a fictional character from the 1958 film The Key.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Guns of Navarone and from the 1978 film Force 10 from Navarone.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1978 film Force 10 from Navarone.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 2005 film Æon Flux.
- Weaver is a fictional film character.
- Weaver is a fictional film character.
There are other characters with in their name, like Dan Weaver, Jim Weaver, Sam Weaver, Tim Weaver, Tom Weaver, Buck Weaver, Dave Weaver, Doug Weaver, Legs Weaver, Nate Weaver, Ruby Weaver, Sara Weaver, Boris Weaver, Dream Weaver, Frank Weaver, Helen Weaver, James Weaver, Julie Weaver, Kerry Weaver and Linda Weaver.
"Weaver" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Sally Oldfield
"Weaver" is an alternate history and science fiction work authored by Stephen Baxter. It is the fourth and final novel in his Time's Tapestry quartet, which deals with psionic broadcast of history-altering content within trans-temporal lucid dreams.
- also known as "Weaver (Outernet)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Speculative fiction, Alternate history
- copyright: 2008-02
- released in (8 years ago)
"Weaver" is an artwork by Cheong Soo Pieng.
- Weaver is a profession.
- Weaver is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Weaver
Phrases with Weaver
Phrases starting with the word Weaver:
Phrases ending with the word Weaver:
- Baya Weaver
- Cape Weaver
- Juba Weaver
- Fox's Weaver
- Giant Weaver
- Cuckoo Weaver
- Finn's Weaver
- Funnel Weaver
- Little Weaver
- Loango Weaver
- Orange Weaver
- Taveta Weaver
- Yellow Weaver
- Bates's Weaver
- Meshweb Weaver
- Speke's Weaver
- Strange Weaver
View more phrases with the word Weaver in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Weaver
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Historic Building FaÃ§ades (1997)
The Manual for Maintenance and Rehabilitation by William G. Foulks, New York Landmarks Conservancy
Weaver is a leading international specialist in the conservation of historic buildings and sites.
A prolific writer and lecturer, Weaver is the author of the standard textbook, Conserving Buildings: A Guide to Techniques and Materials, ...
by Lionel Seinturier, Renaud Pawlak
With compile-time weaving, the weaver is a program that, prior to any execution, produces an application code in which the classes are extended by the aspects. AspectJ, which is presented in detail in Chapter 3, is the most well-known ...
Marketing Communications (1905)
Another gang sign had the phrase “ Mayor Weaver is a Shrewd Sehemer.” says Dr. Parkhurs'o—“Vote the Full Republican Ticket.
History, gazetteer, and directory of Nottinghamshire, and the town and county of the town of Nottingham (1832)
by William White
Robert Weaver is the pastor. The Quaker's meeting house is a plain stone fabric, erected about forty years ago, in a retired situation, at the head of Chapel-alley. Its burial ground is partly cultivated as a flower garden, and its congregation is ...
Fifty Nests and the Birds that Built Them
THE STRANGE WEAVER IS A MEMBER OF THE PLOCEIDAE,A LARGE family of sixty—seven species found mostly in Africa, with a few living in southern Asia and some islands in the West Indian Ocean. Remarkable if not notorious nest ...
A Practical Guide to the Productivity Measurement and Enhancement System (ProMES) by Robert D. Pritchard, Sallie J. Weaver, Elissa Ashwood
Weaver is a senior graduate research associate at the ...
Luo Biological Dictionary (1998)
by J. O. Kokwaro, Timothy Johns
Osogo, (Black-headed weaver) Ploceus cucullatus, see fig. 144. A thickset black- headed yellow weaver with chestnut hind crown and nape; broad yellow collar on hind neck; mantle mottled black and yellow; below throat black, remainder ...
Wherein Any Passage May be Found by the Recollection of Any Material Word in It. ...
George Norie, Drumsturdymui: James Nicoll, Monikie Thomas Norrie, weaver, do Alexander Ogilvie, tayor, do Roderick Ormond, brewer, do John Ogilvie, taylor, do Thomas Ogilvie, weaver, do David Ogilvie, flaxdresser, do | ". Ogilvie ...
by Jan Onofrio
WEAVER, DENNIS, (1925- ) — actor, was born on June 4, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Weaver
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Weaver
Click on an item to view that photo:
A work of art, heart and soul. Inle Lake, Myanmar
Photo credit: KX Studio
On vacation at Animal Kingdom.
Photo credit: rachel_pics
Photo credit: losays
Photo credit: Frederic Merchán
Crawford Bay, BC
Photo credit: Joris_Louwes
- Jackie Weaver
@ Carrie Furnace, Pittsburgh PA
Photo credit: Thomas James Caldwell
- Basket Weaver
Traditional skills on display at a country fair.
Photo credit: Rubber Dragon
Photo credit: sjsharktank
- Golden Orb Weaver. Doctor's Lake Florida
Photo credit: axollot
- Orb Weaver
Mangora maculata. Rock Creek Park, Washington, DC, USA.
Photo credit: treegrow
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Weaver
Click on an item to play that video:
- Weaver Meaning
Video shows what weaver means. One who weaves.. Any bird in the family Ploceidae.. An aquatic beetle of the genus .. weaver pronunciation. How to ...
- SDL Language Weaver: "Expanding the MT ecosystem"
At the TAUS European Summit, Matthias Heyn of SDL talks about his current perspective on machine translation, how to his imaginary company value is what ...
- SDL Language Weaver: "Report back to plenary"
- About Language Weaver: Statistical Machine Translation
A Global by Design...
- SDL Language Weaver - SDL BeGlobal
- Sean Weaver Plays the Blues on Louis Electric Trem-o-Verb
The son of a prominent Washington dentist may not truly be the real-deal blues guitar player; he plays too many notes sometimes, has had a lifelong love of ...
- FAITH IS A VERB! Mason Weaver
- Mark Tapling, Language Weaver at The PhoCusWright Conference 2009
- SDL Language Weaver Image Film
- Real-time Conversations with Language Weaver
- LCC5 1-5 Zachary Weaver - Set Semantics in the Davin Language
Zachary Weaver - Set Semantics in the Davin Language LCC5 - Saturday, May 4, 2013.
- LANGUAGE WEAVER
- Peace Trains Station, vision-description, Peace Weaver
A wholistic event bringing together traveling artist, healers, teachers and local community to synergize a learning, sharing, uplifting, mini-festival... teaching ...
- Radu Soricut:2012 winner META Seal of Recognition: Language Weaver. META-FORUM 2012
- FAITH IS A VERB Mason Weaver
See also the pronunciation examples of Weaver!
Bro.Troy Weaver doing sign language.
Quotes about Weaver
Scrabble value of W4E1A1V4E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WEAVER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Weaver!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Weaver to see it in context!