|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Weaver
What does Weaver mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: weavers
- a craftsman who weaves cloth
- finch-like African and Asian colonial birds noted for their elaborately woven nests
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonyms of weaver: weaver finch / weaverbird
- more generic terms: oscine / oscine bird = passerine bird having specialized vocal apparatus
- more specific terms:
- Ploceus philippinus / baya = common Indian weaverbird
- widow bird / whidah / whydah = mostly black African weaverbird
- Padda oryzivora / Java sparrow / Java finch / ricebird = small finch-like Indonesian weaverbird that frequents rice fields
- amadavat / avadavat = red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds
- grass finch / grassfinch = usually brightly-colored Australian weaverbirds
- member of: family Ploceidae / Ploceidae = weaverbirds
Alternative definition of the noun Weaver
- One who weaves
- Any bird in the family Ploceidae.
- Weaver is a city in Calhoun County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census the population was 3,038. It is included in the Anniston-Oxford, Alabama Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Weaver is an unincorporated community in Minneiska Township, Wabasha County, Minnesota, United States. The Whitewater River and the Mississippi River meet at Weaver.
- Weaver a.k.a. Weaver, Illinois: Weaver is an unincorporated community in Clark County, Illinois, United States. Weaver is located along U.S. Route 40 northeast of Marshall.
- read more about Weaver, Illinois
- Weaver a.k.a. Weaver, West Virginia: Weaver is an unincorporated community in Randolph County, West Virginia.
- read more about Weaver, West Virginia
WEAVER — японская группа в жанре пиано-рок.
- albums: "新世界創造記・後編", "新世界創造記・前編", "Tapestry", "それを強さと呼びたい"
- official website: www.weavermusic.jp
- Weaver is a fictional character from the film Antz.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 2012 film House at the End of the Street.
- Weaver is a fictional film character created by Ben Ramsey.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the film Zambezia.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 2009 film Bad Bush.
- Weaver is a fictional character from Sunshine.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1965 film King Rat.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1940 film Colorado.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 2008 film Wanted.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Errand Boy.
- The Weaver is a fictional character from the 1958 film The Key.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1961 film The Guns of Navarone and from the 1978 film Force 10 from Navarone.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 1978 film Force 10 from Navarone.
- Weaver is a fictional character from the 2005 film Æon Flux.
- Weaver is a fictional film character.
- Weaver is a fictional film character.
There are other characters with Weaver in their name, like Dan Weaver, jim weaver, sam weaver, Tim Weaver, Tom Weaver, buck weaver, Dave Weaver, doug weaver, Nate Weaver, Sara Weaver, dream weaver, Frank Weaver, helen weaver, James Weaver, julie weaver, Linda Weaver, randy weaver, george weaver, shadow weaver and Phyllis Weaver.
"Weaver" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by Sally Oldfield
"Weaver" is an alternate history and science fiction work authored by Stephen Baxter. It is the fourth and final novel in his Time's Tapestry quartet, which deals with psionic broadcast of history-altering content within trans-temporal lucid dreams.
- also known as "Weaver (Outernet)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Speculative fiction, Alternate history
- copyright: 2008-02
- released in (7 years ago)
"Weaver" is an artwork by Cheong Soo Pieng.
- Weaver is a profession.
- Weaver is a website.
- official website: stateofillinois.us/people/Weaver
Phrases with Weaver
Phrases starting with the word Weaver:
Phrases ending with the word Weaver:
- Baya Weaver
- Cape Weaver
- Juba Weaver
- Fox's Weaver
- Giant Weaver
- Cuckoo Weaver
- Finn's Weaver
- Funnel Weaver
- Little Weaver
- Loango Weaver
- Orange Weaver
- Taveta Weaver
- Yellow Weaver
- Bates's Weaver
- Meshweb Weaver
- Speke's Weaver
- Strange Weaver
View more phrases with the word Weaver in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Weaver
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Historic Building Faades (1997)
The Manual for Maintenance and Rehabilitation by William G. Foulks, New York Landmarks Conservancy
Weaver is a leading international specialist in the conservation of historic buildings and sites.
A prolific writer and lecturer, Weaver is the author of the standard textbook, Conserving Buildings: A Guide to Techniques and Materials, ...
Its Story and Biography, 1848-1913 by Ellis Baker Usher
Weaver is a member of the Association of American Physicians, of the American Association of Pathologists and Bacteriologists, Chicago Medical and Illinois Medical Societies, and American Medical Association; is secretary of the ...
by Uwe Aßmann
Feature Group Weaver: A feature group weaver is a distributor that extends join points with new feature groups. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 268 Feature Group: A feature group is an interprocedural slice, consisting of a set of ...
by Lionel Seinturier, Renaud Pawlak
Compile-Time Weaving With compile-time weaving, the weaver is a program that, prior to any execution, produces an application code in which the classes are extended by the aspects.AspectJ, which is presented in detail in Chapter 3, is the ...
Golden Hours (1877)
A Magazine for Boys and Girls
Perhaps the best weaver is the Baltimore oriole, before referred to. This bird chooses the ends of high bending branches for its nest, and begins in a forked twig by fastening strong strings of hemp or flax around both branches of the fork, just as ...
History, gazetteer, and directory of Nottinghamshire, and the town and county of the town of Nottingham (1832)
by William White
Robert Weaver is the pastor. The Quaker's meeting house is a plain stone fabric, erected about forty years ago, in a retired situation, at the head of Chapel-alley. Its burial ground is partly cultivated as a flower garden, and its congregation is ...
Litugy Ethiopian Church (2013)
The weaver is the Holy Spirit. 30. How marvellous and wonderful is this thing! O' bridge over which the ancient fathers crossed from death unto life! O ladder from earth to heaven, through thee the first creation was renewed! . # :: *}: 31.
Promises to Confess to (2012)
An Encouraging Word by Elder Harvey Marshall
A weaver is a person who sews and the shuttle is the slender holder that holds the thread/yarn until it runs out. The observance of how soon the thread runs out when making or creating an outfit is as we are also like the wind vapor here on ...
Fifty Nests and the Birds that Built Them
THE STRANGE WEAVER IS A MEMBER OF THE PLOCEIDAE,A LARGE family of sixty—seven species found mostly in Africa, with a few living in southern Asia and some islands in the West Indian Ocean. Remarkable if not notorious nest ...
A Practical Guide to the Productivity Measurement and Enhancement System (ProMES) by Robert D. Pritchard, Sallie J. Weaver, Elissa Ashwood
Weaver is a senior graduate research associate at the ...
by David Bruce Weaver
David Bruce Weaver. enhancement is generally regarded as an imperative. This is not the case in soft, passive ecotourism, although Orams supports the implementation of measures that would move the latter toward the more enhancive side ...
Luo Biological Dictionary (1998)
by J. O. Kokwaro, Timothy Johns
Osogo, (Black-headed weaver) Ploceus cucullatus, see fig. 144. A thickset black- headed yellow weaver with chestnut hind crown and nape; broad yellow collar on hind neck; mantle mottled black and yellow; below throat black, remainder ...
by Michael D. Murray
Pat Weaver 279 weather satellites was launched in the mid- 1970s — stationary satellites. More images could now be shown and more frequently. Stations could loop video to show storm motion. Radar systems also improved. A computer ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Weaver
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Weaver
Click on an item to view that photo:
Crawford Bay, BC
Photo credit: Joris_Louwes
- Weaver Ants
Photo credit: Imahinasyon Photography
- Carpet Weaver
A carpet weaver at work at City Palace, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Photo credit: Koshyk
- Southern Mask Weaver
Female Southern Masked Weaver
Photo credit: ap.frier
- Southern Mask Weaver
Young Male Southern Masked Weaver
Photo credit: ap.frier
- Weaver in his shop
Nikon F75 + 50mm 1.8D
Photo credit: BatulTheGreat
- Oecophylla smaragdina - Weaver ant
Chatuchak Park / Bangkok / Thailand
This photo is published under Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike Licence, means you are free to use this photo with attribution under same licence. When giving attribution, please use following;
Owner: Thai National Parks
Photo credit: Rushen!
- A Weaver's Web
Photo credit: pfarrell95
- Trichterspinne / funnel weaver
Kann jemand die genaue Art angeben?
Photo credit: Rolf B.
- Hickory Hammock Golden-silk Orb Weaver
Orb weaver in Hickory Hammock Wildlife Management Area.
Photo credit: vladeb
- Spiny Backed Orb Weaver Spider
Spiny-backed Orb Weaver Spider
Photo credit: Clicksy
- Weaver Street Market
Weaver Street Market with Saludos Compay Trio in Carrboro, NC
Photo credit: BellaBim
- Kim Weaver News Interview
Goddard astrophysicist Dr. Kim Weaver talk to a reporter from WJZ-TV during STS-125 EVA activities at the Goddard visitor center.
Credit: NASA/Debbie McCallum
Photo credit: NASA Goddard Photo and Video
- Native weaver at work, Ramallah, Palestine
Photo credit: Boston Public Library
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Weaver
Click on an item to play that video:
- Weaver Meaning
Video shows what weaver means. One who weaves.. Any bird in the family Ploceidae.. An aquatic beetle of the genus .. weaver pronunciation. How to ...
- About Language Weaver: Statistical Machine Translation
A Global by Design...
- SDL Language Weaver Image Film
A Point7West produced video profile for SDL, a leading multi-million dollar global customer experience management services provider for international ...
- SDL Language Weaver: "Expanding the MT ecosystem"
At the TAUS European Summit, Matthias Heyn of SDL talks about his current perspective on machine translation, how to his imaginary company value is what ...
- SDL Language Weaver - SDL BeGlobal
- Real-time Conversations with Language Weaver
Learn how Language Weaver has had tremendous success with IBM's Real-time Compression.
- Mark Tapling, Language Weaver at The PhoCusWright Conference 2009
This influential travel executive is interviewed by an expert PhoCusWright travel analyst and fields questions on corporate strategies, key trends in travel and ...
- Sean Weaver Plays the Blues on Louis Electric Trem-o-Verb
The son of a prominent Washington dentist may not truly be the real-deal blues guitar player; he plays too many notes sometimes, has had a lifelong love of ...
- LCC5 1-5 Zachary Weaver - Set Semantics in the Davin Language
Zachary Weaver - Set Semantics in the Davin Language LCC5 - Saturday, May 4, 2013.
- Peace Trains Station, vision-description, Peace Weaver
A wholistic event bringing together traveling artist, healers, teachers and local community to synergize a learning, sharing, uplifting, mini-festival... teaching ...
- LANGUAGE WEAVER
- Radu Soricut:2012 winner META Seal of Recognition: Language Weaver. META-FORUM 2012
Radu Soricut (Language Weaver): "2012 winners of the META Seal of Recognition: Language Weaver". META-FORUM 2012. June 20/21, 2012. Brussels ...
- SDL Language Weaver: "Report back to plenary"
At the TAUS European Summit, Matthias Heyn reports back from his discussions with participants who joined his imaginary company and its vision.
View more videos about dream weaver.
See also the pronunciation examples of Weaver!
Bro.Troy Weaver doing sign language.
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
Quotes about Weaver
Scrabble value of W4E1A1V4E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WEAVER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Weaver!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Weaver to see it in context!