|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Weaver
What does Weaver mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: weavers
- a craftsman who weaves cloth
- finch-like African and Asian colonial birds noted for their elaborately woven nests
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonyms of weaver: weaver finch / weaverbird
- more generic terms: oscine / oscine bird = passerine bird having specialized vocal apparatus
- more specific terms:
- Ploceus philippinus / baya = common Indian weaverbird
- widow bird / whidah / whydah = mostly black African weaverbird
- Padda oryzivora / Java sparrow / Java finch / ricebird = small finch-like Indonesian weaverbird that frequents rice fields
- amadavat / avadavat = red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds
- grass finch / grassfinch = usually brightly-colored Australian weaverbirds
- member of: family Ploceidae / Ploceidae = weaverbirds
Alternative definition of the noun Weaver
- One who weaves
- Any bird in the family Ploceidae.
- Weaver a.k.a. Weaver, Illinois: Weaver is an unincorporated community in Clark County, Illinois, United States. Weaver is located along U.S. Route 40 northeast of Marshall.
- Weaver is an unincorporated community in Randolph County, West Virginia.
Weaver is a profession.
Phrases with Weaver
Phrases starting with the word Weaver:
Phrases ending with the word Weaver:
- Baya Weaver
- Cape Weaver
- Juba Weaver
- Fox's Weaver
- Giant Weaver
- Cuckoo Weaver
- Finn's Weaver
- Funnel Weaver
- Little Weaver
- Loango Weaver
- Orange Weaver
- Taveta Weaver
- Yellow Weaver
- Bates's Weaver
- Meshweb Weaver
- Speke's Weaver
- Strange Weaver
View more phrases with the word Weaver in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Weaver
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Lionel Seinturier, Renaud Pawlak
Compile-Time Weaving With compile-time weaving, the weaver is a program that, prior to any execution, produces an application code in which the classes are extended by the aspects.AspectJ, which is presented in detail in Chapter 3, is the ...
Containing Full Page Portraits and Biographical Sketches of Prominent and Representative Citizens of the County, Together with Portraits and Biographies of All the Governors of the State and Presidents of the United States by Acme Publishing Company
Weaver is a strong supporter of the Republican party, and has been honored with several local oiflces of trust,
Weaver is the owner of a beautiful farm adjoining the village of Clinton, which comprises 125 acres of arable land undera ...
by David Bruce Weaver
David Bruce Weaver. enhancement is generally regarded as an imperative. This is not the case in soft, passive ecotourism, although Orams supports the implementation of measures that would move the latter toward the more enhancive side ...
Luo Biological Dictionary (1998)
by J. O. Kokwaro
Osogo, (Black-headed weaver) Ploceus cucullatus, see fig. 144. A thickset black- headed yellow weaver with chestnut hind crown and nape; broad yellow collar on hind neck; mantle mottled black and yellow; below throat black, remainder ...
by Michael D. Murray
Pat Weaver 279 weather satellites was launched in the mid- 1970s — stationary satellites. More images could now be shown and more frequently. Stations could loop video to show storm motion. Radar systems also improved. A computer ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Weaver
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Weaver
Click on an item to view that photo:
Crawford Bay, BC
Photo credit: Joris_Louwes
- Weaver Ants
Photo credit: Imahinasyon Photography
- Carpet Weaver
A carpet weaver at work at City Palace, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Photo credit: Koshyk
- A Weaver's Web
Photo credit: pfarrell95
- Spiny Backed Orb Weaver Spider
Spiny-backed Orb Weaver Spider
Photo credit: Clicksy
- Kim Weaver News Interview
Goddard astrophysicist Dr. Kim Weaver talk to a reporter from WJZ-TV during STS-125 EVA activities at the Goddard visitor center.
Credit: NASA/Debbie McCallum
Photo credit: NASA Goddard Photo and Video
- Red Weaver Ant Oecophylla smaragdina
Weaver ants or Green ants (genus Oecophylla) are eusocial insects of the family Formicidae (order Hymenoptera). Weaver ants are obligately arboreal and are known for their unique nest building behaviour where workers construct nests by weaving together leaves using larval silk. Colonies can be extremely large consisting of more than a hundred nests spanning numerous trees and contain more than half a million workers. Like many other ant species, weaver ants prey on small insects and supplement their diet with carbohydrate-rich honeydew excreted by small insects (Hemiptera). Oecophylla workers exhibit a clear bimodal size distribution, with almost no overlap between the size of the minor and major workers.  The major workers are approximately eight to ten millimeters in length and the minors approximately half the length of the majors. There is a division of labour associated with the size difference between workers. Major workers forage, defend, maintain and expand the colony whereas minor workers tend to stay within the nests where they care for the brood and 'milk' scale insects in or close to the nests. Oecophylla weaver ants vary in color from reddish to yellowish brown dependent on the species. Oecophylla smaragdina found in Australia often have bright green gasters. These ants are highly territorial and workers aggressively defend their territories against intruders. Because of their aggressive behaviour, weaver ants are sometime used by indigenous farmers, particularly in southeast Asia, as natural biocontrol agents against agricultural pests. Although Oecophylla weaver ants lack a functional sting they can inflict painful bites and often spray formic acid directly at the bite wound resulting in intense discomfort.
Photo credit: brian.gratwicke
- Weaver in his shop
Nikon F75 + 50mm 1.8D
Photo credit: BatulTheGreat
- Weaver Street Market
Weaver Street Market with Saludos Compay Trio in Carrboro, NC
Photo credit: BellaBim
- Hickory Hammock Golden-silk Orb Weaver
Orb weaver in Hickory Hammock Wildlife Management Area.
Photo credit: vladeb
- Native weaver at work, Ramallah, Palestine
Photo credit: Boston Public Library
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Weaver
Click on an item to play that video:
- Dream Weaver - Miss Another Meaning
The last song from the Dream Weaver's 5-track EP called "Fantasy Revealed" which unleashed in 2001 by Secret Port Records. Line up : Jim Marcou - Vocals Geor...
- SDL Language Weaver Image Film
A Point7West produced video profile for SDL, a leading multi-million dollar global customer experience management services provider for international busines...
- About Language Weaver: Statistical Machine Translation
A Global by Design...
- Real-time Conversations with Language Weaver
Learn how Language Weaver has had tremendous success with IBM's Real-time Compression.
- SDL Language Weaver - SDL BeGlobal
- Dream Weaver CS6 in English Language
- Mark Tapling, Language Weaver at The PhoCusWright Conference 2009
This influential travel executive is interviewed by an expert PhoCusWright travel analyst and fields questions on corporate strategies, key trends in travel ...
- SDL Language Weaver: "Expanding the MT ecosystem"
At the TAUS European Summit, Matthias Heyn of SDL talks about his current perspective on machine translation, how to his imaginary company value is what matt...
- LCC5 1-5 Zachary Weaver - Set Semantics in the Davin Language
Zachary Weaver - Set Semantics in the Davin Language LCC5 - Saturday, May 4, 2013.
- LANGUAGE WEAVER
- SDL Language Weaver: "Report back to plenary"
At the TAUS European Summit, Matthias Heyn reports back from his discussions with participants who joined his imaginary company and its vision.
- Radu Soricut:2012 winner META Seal of Recognition: Language Weaver. META-FORUM 2012
Radu Soricut (Language Weaver): "2012 winners of the META Seal of Recognition: Language Weaver". META-FORUM 2012. June 20/21, 2012. Brussels, Belgium. http:/...
See also the pronunciation examples of Weaver!
Quotes about Weaver
Scrabble value of W4E1A1V4E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WEAVER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Weaver!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Weaver to see it in context!