On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun welkin
What does welkin mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: welkins
- the apparent surface of the imaginary sphere on which celestial bodies appear to be projected
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of welkin: celestial sphere / empyrean / firmament / heavens / sphere / vault of heaven
- more generic word: surface = the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object
- apex of the sun's way / solar apex / apex = the point on the celestial sphere toward which the sun and solar system appear to be moving relative to the fixed stars
- celestial point = a point in the heavens
- nadir = the point below the observer that is directly opposite the zenith on the imaginary sphere against which celestial bodies appear to be projected
- zenith = the point above the observer that is directly opposite the nadir on the imaginary sphere against which celestial bodies appear to be projected
- zodiac = a belt-shaped region in the heavens on either side to the ecliptic
Alternative definition of the noun welkin
Welkin is a musical group.
- albums: "The_Origin", "Traces", "Angel Inside"
"Welkin" is a book by Aaron McCollough.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Welkin
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William Shakespeare
By thy favour, sweet welkin,] Welkin is the sky, ...
by William Shakespeare
[By thy favour, sweet welkin] Welkin is the sky, to which Armado, with the ...
Printed Complete, with D. Samuel Johnson's Preface and Notes. To which is Prefixed the Life of the Author ... by William Shakespeare, David Francis, Edmund Munroe, Nicholas Rowe
Welkin is the iky, to which Armacio, with the false dignity os a Spaniard, makes an apology for ...
Merchant of Venice. As you live it. Midsummer night's dream. Much ado about nothing. Love's labour's lost (1807)
by William Shakespeare, David Francis, Edmund Munroe, Samuel Johnson, Nicholas Rowe
Welkin is the fky, to which Armado, with the falfe dignity of a Spaniard, makes an apology for fighing in its face.
The plays of Shakespeare, from the text of S. Johnson, with the prefaces, notes &c. of Rowe, Pope and many other critics. 6 vols. [in 12 pt. Followed by] Shakespeare's poems (1771)
by William Shakespeare
Welkin is the Iky, to which Armado, with the salse dignity os a Spaniard, makes an apology sor sighing ...
Winsome Whelp (2014)
by Marie Carnegie
Welkin is the sky. Bad Abominable isvile, ghastly. The first Mrs. Furkart was abominable. Abysmal isghastly, exceedingly bad. Gertrude Pidgeon's taste is furniture was abysmal. Ghastly is exceedingly bad. Ghastly is horrifying. Baseness is ...
by Edited by W. Turner
” welkin is the plural of the Old English wylke, meaning “a cloud.” (Anglo Saxon, wolonu, a cloud; modern German ...
Illustrations of English Philology ... Consisting of I. A critical examination of Dr. Johnson's Dictionary. II. Remarks on Mr. D. Stewart's essay “On the tendency of some late philological speculations.” To which is now added, An Advertisement; containing extracts from the English Lexicon, publishing in the Encyclopædia Metropolitana, and from the English Dictionary of Dr. Johnson (1826)
by Charles RICHARDSON (LL.D.)
WELKIN,gWELKiN, n.s. (from pealcan ...
by Charles Richardson
Welkin, adj.-rolling; the rolling sea, the rolling sky, a rolling ...
by Thomas E. Zurinskas
~weezool - weasel ~weft - weft ~wej - wedge ~wel - well ~welch - welch ~weld - weld ~welder - welder ~Weldin - Weldon ~welfair - welfare ~welfairizim - welfarism ~welk - whelk ~welkin - welkin ~welkum - welcome ~welkumer - welcomer ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Welkin
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Welkin
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Welkin
Video shows what welkin means. The sky, the upper air; the heavens.. Welkin Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say welkin.
View more videos about Make the Welkin Ring.
Scrabble value of W4E1L1K5I1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of WELKIN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Welkin!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Welkin to find many related words and phrases!